• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

It's amazing.

This will be the most gaffe-prone government in Australian political history.

There's no room for doubt. Stevens, Springborg, Seeney, Nicholls, Campbell, Flegg, Langbroek. They're a dream-team of hick imbeciles.

LOL, dream-team. I dare say this lot has some effect on the PM's improved rating as of late.

senahorse

people are whinging about the larger iphone screen on twitter 'it wont fit in my hand'

seriously

People were complaining in the OT (for the iphone) that the Lumina at 185g is far too heavy to be carrying around in your pocket.

People, they never cease to amaze

I would argue that Newmann is an effective leader who knows exactly what he's doing. I would also argue that he is a true believer in the economics of austerity and that he genuinely believes he is acting in the best interests of Queensland.

I think it's his ideology that's lacking, not his mind.

Tony Abbott, on the other hand...

Salazar

The state hopes to save $1 million a year by forcing patients to supply and wash their own sleepwear.

DpLus.gif

I would also argue that he is a true believer in the economics of austerity

He has such a neurotic concept of debt that I can't take his economic perspective seriously.

senahorse

I take it he still thinks like an engineer. And his solutions are an end to a means (head towards a surplus), just, they don't take the humanistic component into mind.

Choc

Banned
' said the memo stuff-up showed the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service was "suffering from a case of premature circulation".'

LOL

salazar i saw that but i am fairly certain NSW does not supply pajamas in hospital. I didn't get any

Yagharek

In all honesty I've never been less excited for a Nintendo console launch.

Ive never really been excited for one ever, except Wii.

3DS was just a given for me, based on DS. Wii U is a given for me based on Wii, plus I dont have any trust left for other console manufacturers after their sterling efforts at mediocre customer care this gen.

Dead Man

These fucking guys. How in the hell did people not see this coming? Not referring to QLDGAF here, just the wankers that voted for them.

vks, yes i agree with you but he is wrong.
Indeed. Austerity doesn't work and introducing all these cuts in quick succession may fulfil certain ideological / policy goals, but are simultaneously devastating to confidence, so any benefits you might theoretically see down the road are swamped by an economy in the doldrums.

Besides which, going through with a chainsaw rather than a scalpel as the government is doing is only generating further inefficiencies that will need to be corrected by staff increases in the future.

These fucking guys. How in the hell did people not see this coming? Not referring to QLDGAF here, just the wankers that voted for them.
It was a combination of things. First, QLD Labor had garnered a reputation for gross incompetence under the Bligh government. Second, Newman was widely seen as an able administrator and had become popular as Brisbane's Lord Mayor. It helped that he is a much more dynamic speaker than Springborg.

What's more, on election day, people didn't vote strategically - they just wanted Labor gone.

It was a confluence of abnormal events, combined with QLD's lack of senate, that led to this situation. People expected business as usual but with new people in charge. What they got was, well, this.

hamchan

I'm always excited when Nintendo releases new hardware except this time. I ended up extremely disappointed with the Wii so I'm wary about the WiiU.

Looking at the WiiU there seems to be nothing for me too. Better than current gen graphics I've already had for a long time now. There are no games announced for it that I actually want. Probably best to wait a few years for a price drop, a decent library, and to compare what the competition actually brings.

Choc

Banned
I'm always excited when Nintendo releases new hardware except this time. I ended up extremely disappointed with the Wii so I'm wary about the WiiU.

Looking at the WiiU there seems to be nothing for me too. Better than current gen graphics I've already had for a long time now. There are no games announced for it that I actually want. Probably best to wait a few years for a price drop, a decent library, and to compare what the competition actually brings.

What price would get you Day 1?

Dead Man

It was a combination of things. First, QLD Labor had garnered a reputation for gross incompetence under the Bligh government. Second, Newman was widely seen as an able administrator and had become popular as Brisbane's Lord Mayor. It helped that he is a much more dynamic speaker than Springborg.

What's more, on election day, people didn't vote strategically - they just wanted Labor gone.

It was a confluence of abnormal events, combined with QLD's lack of senate, that led to this situation. People expected business as usual but with new people in charge. What they got was, well, this.

I see, thanks. Watch nobody in other states learn from this, too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's cool guys jambo cleared it up for me.

In other news as per new GAF 'rules' jambo will not be posting for seven months.

Danoss

Tried Big Picture mode with Trine. When the usual Steam prompts come up it falls apart, since you need a mouse. Of course, beta.

I thought i'd give Trine a bash. Then I get this.

mUuy9.png

Welp. No more Trine.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't mean you, I mean those other guys. And I don't really mean worst thread, I was just being symmetrical. Obviously this is the best thread. Even if some of us are a little slow.

okayguyytyu3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom