• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Storage is expandable via SD card and USB HDD. The recent hardware leak is accurate and I trust the sources completely.

Great, so if it supports at least SDHC, there's 64GB of memory, should be more than enough for most smaller DD games. If it supports SDXC, then game on.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Great, so if it supports at least SDHC, there's 64GB of memory, should be more than enough for most smaller DD games. If it supports SDXC, then game on.

3DS supports SDXC 128GB formatted to FAT32, but doesn't 'officially' support it for some reason. I figure the Wii U will be similar.

Yagharek

Yeah, thats what I was basing my assumptions on.

I do wonder though if SD is going to be fast enough for loading games like Trine 2 etc off of. Maybe that's not a good idea.

I just want a matte or non-black console with lots of storage.

Might get the white one and a usb SSD when they come down in price.

Dead Man

$68 at BigW gogogo

indy.jpg
Awesome price for 3 movies. Will buy.
Holy shit at smirking Romney.
What's he done now?
DM, you want cheese or you don't want cheese. Don't come to me with "I don't want that much cheese".
Gah. Barbarian.

Danoss

Dips and cheese are not crumb-intensive activities! There is no risk of crumbing!

They can even crumble when trying to pick up some soft cheeses. Try using Ritz to eat the king of savoury combos: cabanossi and cheese on top, see what happens; the crumbliest crumbs that ever crumbled.

Salazar

What's he done now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoAL4c7uneE

The statement was actually released before the attackers breached the compound. The diplomats were trying to save their fucken lives.

And Romney, who gets to sleep in his bed at night, jumped in on it to score points off Obama, on the grounds of Murken principles. On the ludicrously spurious grounds, additionally, that Obama should be held personally accountable for the language and philosophy of diplomatic statements released by satellite members of his administration under life-and-death duress.

And he smirked repeatedly while doing it. While trying to turn a tragedy into an "OBAMA SYMPATHISES WITH TERRORISTS" cheap shot.

I'd really like to see that pampered bitch pontificate about appeasement when somebody is aiming a gun at him.

Jintor

They can even crumble when trying to pick up some soft cheeses. Try using Ritz to eat the king of savoury combos: cabanossi and cheese on top, see what happens; the crumbliest crumbs that ever crumbled.

I deny you sir! I deny you and your falsehoods!

*falls off cliff*

you are right but ritz is still better

Choc

Banned
wat

Trevor Long ‏@trevorlong
Apple iOS 6 maps doesn’t offer Turn-by-turn directions in Australia.. But does in New Zealand.. What! Also no 3D building support.
Retweeted by Tom Killen

senahorse

The statement was actually released before the attackers breached the compound. The diplomats were trying to save their fucken lives.

And Romney, who gets to sleep in his bed at night, jumped in on it to score points off Obama, on the grounds of Murken principles. On the ludicrously spurious grounds, additionally, that Obama should be held personally accountable for the language and philosophy of diplomatic statements released by satellite members of his administration under life-and-death duress.

And he smirked repeatedly while doing it. While trying to turn a tragedy into an "OBAMA SYMPATHISES WITH TERRORISTS" cheap shot.

I'd really like to see that pampered bitch pontificate about appeasement when somebody is aiming a gun at him.

I just saw this, what a fucking nutcase.

Choc

Banned
BURNSAUCE

Alan Williamson ‏@AGBear
So the Wii U has a 8GB of storage, the same as my original Xbox and a quarter of my phone’s memory. Good job, Nintendo.
Retweeted by David Wildgoose

Yagharek

BURNSAUCE

Alan Williamson ‏@AGBear
So the Wii U has a 8GB of storage, the same as my original Xbox and a quarter of my phone’s memory. Good job, Nintendo.
Retweeted by David Wildgoose

Did he deliberately ignore the other sku?

Deliberately obtusegoose

Choc

Banned
poor poms, iphone 5 starts @ 530 pounds

also

Choc ‏@noreasonspec
Last time around the Wii was $249 USD and $399 AUD. When the prices were announced the AUD was worth 76c USD.
Expand
Reply Delete Favorite

We gonna get gouged, despite high USD

Choc

Banned
i am very surprised Nintendo has decided to follow MS path of multiple sku's

one of their biggest assets to the casual market was it was so easy to just pick up a nintendo thing and know what you are getting

they already have problems with confusion in the marketplace with the name, adding SKU's just adds this and also people who are traditional nintendo casuals buying hard disks etc?

wtf. It just does not fit into the Nintendo ecology and thinking. The may want to change but its going to be a tough, painful one for them potentially.

Jintor

I think (and this opinion is very tenuous at present) they may be trying to more pointedly separate out hardcore and casual markets. Given the focus on Nintendo Premium...

Yagharek

I think (and this opinion is very tenuous at present) they may be trying to more pointedly separate out hardcore and casual markets. Given the focus on Nintendo Premium...

Exactly, in which case it makes sense they would have something to focus specifically on the market they admitted they didnt get last time around.

Choc

Banned

True, but ti doesn't help confusion out at all. They have created a problem they never had.

Danoss

What sorta idiot would be confused by multiple skus?

Lots of people. No one wants to make the "wrong" choice and so are more careful in their purchase. It can reduce the chance of impulse buying as well.

You don't do multiple skus unless you have a very good reason for doing so.

Dead Man

Fucking clown. What the fuck is wrong with him, he can't even keep a fucking smirk off his face?

You guys!! I get to keep my job!!

Excellent!

Jintor

And with 25gb discs that 32gb is going to be nothing and I can't see that Nintendo should expect 'premium' gamers to already have SSDs on hand. It's terrible business to simply assume your audience will help you out of your own problems. Are we missing something?

You guys!! I get to keep my job!!

Excellente~!

Yagharek

I suspect there will be an 'official' badged HDD accessory. 32GB is really going to be good for stuff like XBLA equivalent sized games, and all the virtual console/wiiware stuff.

If you want to download full retail games, get your own external drive.

But I cant see there being any financial incentive to download a full game, given how much of a ripoff they are everywhere else. PSN is still selling battlefield 3 for $100, for example.

Choc

Banned
In japan at least, Nintendo are giving you 10% back for every DL to spend on the next game. Thats their attack on preowned

Hey QLD Government, BHP will see you in court

'The Queensland Government's fight with the mining industry over royalties has escalated, with Premier Campbell Newman releasing BHP's earnings figures which he says "fell off the back of a truck".'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom