• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

okayguyytyu3.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31nJdcOTg9g

Danoss

Steam problems continue. I just noticed that games I know I had on my PC have uninstalled themselves and are now paused in the Downloads queue. What. The. Fuck.

Thanks Steam, for removing about 60GB of games. Great work, really.

jambo

Steam problems continue. I just noticed that games I know I had on my PC have uninstalled themselves and are now paused in the Downloads queue. What. The. Fuck.

Thanks Steam, for removing about 60GB of games. Great work, really.

It could be games with bad file systems, which results in big updates involving re-downloading the entire game.

It could also be games being converted to the new file system and requiring updates.

Danoss

It could be games with bad file systems, which results in big updates involving re-downloading the entire game.

It could also be games being converted to the new file system and requiring updates.

Either way, fuck it. Every now and then I give gaming another go, and one way or another one of two things happen.

1. It sucks
  2. Something ridiculous stands in the way, like the above

Fredescu

Are they actually uninstalled as in the program folders under your steamapps folder are empty? If not, renaming clientregistry.blob will probably fix them up. I've had old games get stuck on paused before.

Danoss

Are they actually uninstalled as in the program folders under your steamapps folder are empty? If not, renaming clientregistry.blob will probably fix them up. I've had old games get stuck on paused before.

Stuff is still there it seems. I'm having other problems like "unavailable at this time" too. I was about to delete ClientRegistry.blob (again) to make it rebuild it and see what happens.

midonnay

haha, nintendo is so cheeky....

noone expected them listing out specs at the start (although it wasn't all the ones we wanted...)

Jintor

Thinking $350 for basic and $400 for premium, maybe $420 or even $450 if the controller alone hits $150... Hopefully I'm overestimating the Aussie tax but...

Dead Man

So... Jatz used to be circular, right? And am I stupid or are they not on the Arnotts website?

Yes, it's a day off work for Dead Man, truly important issues are being investigated.

Fredescu

what the hell is a gpgpu?

General-purpose computing on graphics processing units (GPGPU, GPGP or less often GP²U) is the means of using a graphics processing unit (GPU), which typically handles computation only for computer graphics, to perform computation in applications traditionally handled by the central processing unit (CPU).[1][2][3]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
what the hell is a gpgpu?

Long and short of it: modern GPU architecture that allows traditional CPU exclusive processing tasks to be deferred to the GPU instead. Allows for more complex compute programming/shaders. It's a good thing.

jambo

The whole Basic and Premium thing really annoys me.

Plus it'll mean they can justify a higher Aussie price for the Premium.

Argh.

Still, Day 1.

Rezbit

Final Wii U Predictions:

Launch: December 7th
Basic: $350 (ideal)/$400 (expected)
Premium $400 (ideal)/$450 (expected)
Nintendo Land pack-in

Preparing for the worst in AU price gouging:

Basic $399 - nothing else
Premium Setto $499 - includes Nintendo Land amongst the other crap.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Launch: December 14
Basic: AU$399
Premium: AU$499

Yagharek

My only concern is whether the memory is expandable and via what means.

I would prefer white - I think gloss back hardware is ugly on anything thanks to being a fingerprint magnet. I hope that you can supplement the 8/32GB with either SDXC or SDHC cards as well as the HDD option we already know about.

markot

Banned
Its going to support hdd expansions isnt it?

Anyway, hope they have a pack in for premium >.< nintendo land seems perfect!

Doubt it will support sd cards.

I would prefer white - I think gloss back hardware is ugly on anything thanks to being a fingerprint magnet. I hope that you can supplement the 8/32GB with either SDXC or SDHC cards as well as the HDD option we already know about.

It supports SD cards.

EatChildren

Storage is expandable via SD card and USB HDD. The recent hardware leak is accurate and I trust the sources completely.

Salazar

And he did it after talking about (And trying to make political capital from) the death of an Ambassador >_>

The one that gets me is after he says Obama has made "a severe miscalculation".

Motherfucker looks like he is about to giggle. Glad this has snapped back so hard on the chuckling fuck.

DM, you want cheese or you don't want cheese. Don't come to me with "I don't want that much cheese".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom