• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
He has broken federal corporations law. ASIC will be after Newman over that. You can't publicly disclose fucking listed companies earnings outside the earnings seasons....

Choc

Banned
Oh what a slimey fuck

he used parliamentary privillege to disclose those numbers. fucking seriously, that is ridiculous, he should still be in shit over that.

Yagharek

Just realised neither Wii U JP pack comes with wiimote/nunchuk/sensor bar. Theyre all for sale in a separate bundle.

Will be great for people who already have a Wii and dont need another set. Will be bad for people who didnt have one and find out at the counter they need more.

Choc

Banned
when it is used to blatently disregard laws, it should not be allowed.

politicians should be free from slander cases where they have not misled the parliament but out and out ignoring law is ridiculous.

edit: Vince i reiterate, Nintendo has made this a lot harder than it used to be. Casuals arent going to know this....

Yagharek

Campbell Newman is a test. If he isnt voted out next state election, Queensland collectively deserved him. If he is voted out, then the state learnt a very valuable lesson and won't make the same mistake for another twenty years when they vote in another far right scam like sir joh.

edit: choc, dont reiterate. It's just the japanese version which has historically always been different the US/PAL bundles.

Choc

Banned
Could it be that newman is the LNPs QLD scapegoat to get this bad news out of the way first and then they knife him

and it was planned all along? Oh boy tin foil hats i know but seriously

its starting to sound a LOT like rudd. MPs complaining anonymously that they aren't being heard, cabinet meetings being shutdown, paranoid leader (CN has banned mobile phones from the cabinet room) and PS staff being worked to the bone

Sounds like Rudd right?

Choc

Banned
How can someone look at this and say the IP5 is the best phone?

WG9kM.png

Choc

Banned
WiiU in japan at least does not come with sensor bar

first game console in history to ship not ready for multiplayer (aside from missing a controller of course)

unbeliveable.

edit 2: ok the stupid tablet has a sensor for wii chuck then. Fine. Its still a bit silly really, can the tablet pick up the wiiremote when the sensor is behind the wiiremote, or do people have to sit really close?

edit: Man represents Nintendo

jump_the_shark1.png

Dead Man

first game console in history to ship not ready for multiplayer (aside from missing a controller of course)

unbeliveable.

edit: Man represents Nintendo

jump_the_shark1.png

Not the first in history, but the first in a very long time indeed.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

As far as I'm aware no Wii U specific launch games use the pointer, which is all the sensor bar is required for. Nintendo Land and NSMBU only require a controller be sync'd with the system, which can be done without a sensor bar.

Yagharek

What makes you think that? GamePad and GP Pro both work with all wii u games.

Its as multiplayer ready as any of the last 3 generations of consoles.

It needs the sensor bar and wiimote/nunchuk for wii BC, and whilst those controllers can be used for wii u multi, they arent the only way.

Choc, at least be consistent.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
multiplayer requires wiimotes for nintendo land surely?

It does, but I'm pretty sure none of the games use the sensor bar. The sensor bar is only used for the pointer. Syncing and using remotes with a system does not require a sensor bar.

It may use the sensor bar to calibrate, but that depends on the game.

Choc

Banned
I just got ultra burnsauced in chat

imhocheck: yeah ur acting like you think its a massive barrier
imhocheck: ie need a memory card to play games
Rezbit: lols
Kritz: guys did you see my sweet bear
Kritz: http://i.imgur.com/pgI37.png
imhocheck: need to buy memory card seperatly
imhocheck: fix your own back yard.
imhocheck: buddy
imhocheck: lol
Rezbit: LOL
Rezbit: check
Kritz: I programmed that fucking bear
Choc: haha
imhocheck: *drops mic and walks off*
Choc: ok fair point mem card to play games is dumb
Rezbit: thats a sick burn choc

EatChildren

ok so you can buy a controller plug it in and not need a sensor bar?

Not so bad then.

Yeah. Wii Remotes just sync with the console itself pretty easily. The sensor bar is used for the pointer exclusively, and something the pointer is used to calibrate the gyros, which might be necessary for Nintendo Land. But the actual gameplay doesn't appear to use the pointer at all. Same for Mario. So all you'd have to do is sync it with the system and you're set.

Campbell Newman is a test. If he isnt voted out next state election, Queensland collectively deserved him. If he is voted out, then the state learnt a very valuable lesson and won't make the same mistake for another twenty years when they vote in another far right scam like sir joh.

edit: choc, dont reiterate. It's just the japanese version which has historically always been different the US/PAL bundles.

The problem is the lnp has such a big margin now it's going to take a landslide as big a landslide as the past election. There should be a swing back to labor regardless just as shit moves back to normal, but I don't know if it will be enough.

And seeing they're doing this at the start of the term they've got years to let the anger diminish. People are posses now but they might not be by the next election.

Choc

Banned
People are not forgetting Rudd/Gillard

i think you don't give QLDers enough credit. Past history shows that when they swing, they swing in huge numbers.

Apparently QLD has the most unique political system in that regard in Aus (probably because of the lack of senate)

Salazar

And seeing they're doing this at the start of the term they've got years to let the anger diminish. People are posses now but they might not be by the next election.

People might just be befuddled by an ostensible "austerity budget" that includes treats and generally leaves taxes where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom