• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

I probably wont buy wii u if its 500.

Anyway, if anyone here is ever in hong kong, I recommend going to Ah Yat Harbourview Restaurant. Food was good and and dat view :eek:

11EZh.jpg

And then a helicopter took off from one of the buildings, and i was all whoooooa look a helicopter is taking off lol!

Yagharek

So, the bad news: no Pikmin 3 at launch

The good: Wonderful 101, NSMB, Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter, Zombi U looks amazeballs, Trine 2, Toki Tori, Scribblenauts, Rayman Legends (Ancel take a bow, it looks good yes you handsome thing you).

Who gives a fuck about sensor bars now?!

Nintendoland pack in.

I'm betting it all on black.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bayonetta 2. Published by Nintendo.

What an age we live in.

ManeKast

I'm blown away, $499 for the black Wii U would be nice. Hope we get the Nintendo network premium service in Australia, surely we will be right? Best day ever. Bring on the Australian launch details!

Choc

Banned
I'm blown away, $499 for the black Wii U would be nice. Hope we get the Nintendo network premium service in Australia, surely we will be right? Best day ever. Bring on the Australian launch details!

499 is to much

i know people will pay it but its to much. Unfortunately it will be that and we will swallow it whole

Rezbit

Yeah that's the shit thing, the 2 other consoles are still so expensive. No way Wii U will be cheap here. Thanks Sony and your fucking $999!

ManeKast

I have bought every Nintendo handheld and home console since the N64 on launch day. No regrets, ever. I bought a launch PS3 as well for $999. Dumbest move ever.

Jintor

Honestly, this is probably an incredibly unwise decision especially considering my launch 3DS just upped and died three days ago, but I think I will be getting a launch Wii U

ManeKast

Amazing price.

Will we get that Zombi U Wii U black limited edition I heard mentioned in Nintendo Direct? Or Europe only I wonder?

I get back from overseas 3 days before the launch, see Omar Rodriguez at Cherry Fest in Melbourne, then fly home to THIS launch first week back at work. YES.

Jintor

I just realised that I've had this absurd grin on my face the entire time I've been reading the Bayonetta 2 thread of salt and good feelings

I'm going to sleep, I have to proofread two essays in the morning...

Yagharek

Where is your doom now, choc?

Probably in Queensland parliament.

Or the apple store.

Or gina rineharts boardroom.

Or the daily telegraphs editorial room.

Or...

:p

Clipper

With that price, I may actually not import the console. Damn you Nintendo for making this decision difficult again...

OK, it's time to start weighing up some pros and cons of importing:

Pros:
  • Games will be cheaper
  • US Club Nintendo points are better
  • Games that only come out in US are better than games that only come out in PAL still
  • I'd receive the console about a week earlier

Cons:
  • Importing games is slightly less convenient
  • TV services will probably only work if the console is PAL
  • Need to get a power transformer
  • I wouldn't be able to transfer my VC and Wiiware purchases (including the Wii Ambassador bonus I earned to get every Nintendo-published NES game)

With the game prices for importing from the UK being very close to the US prices for games, that actually makes the pros even less inviting. If I could add price of the console to either list, that would make my decision, but as it stands, I'm torn.

I'll probably end up making the decision when we find out exactly what TV services the Aussie version of the console will have.

legend166

Just woke up.

$429, eh? With all likelihood people will sell it for $399?

I'll probably buy it.

I don't have much interested in Bayonetta 2, but that thread is hilarious.

I'm going to type up something more once I get into work.

I expect somewhere like BigW/Kmart to do a $399 launch promotion, only problem is I'm not convinced about the launch line-up (from what we know). Pikmin 3 would have sealed the deal, can't believe it's not a launch title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom