• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayonetta 2? Awesome. No huge markup for Australia? Awesome. If it gets a solid library by Christmas I might pick up the premium pack if it is $399.

Don't want another Gamecube/Wii situation where I only have 5 games to ever play.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
That price isn't too bad. I still can't see me picking one up, console gaming doesn't do much for me anymore. Plus I dont own a tv :D

It is tempting though just for the new console thing. It's good to see them include a hdmi cable, finally someone does that.

markot

Banned
Good 'ol EB...

New Super Mario Bros. U
Wii U
$108.00

I despise that company....

Wii u better not joing the +100 bucks crapnannigans.

So that controller they showed before for 'ports' isnt a pack in >.>? Oh well. Also is that wireless or usb or what?

markot

Banned
Also all you guys are missing the BIG news. KATE AND WILLS ARE IN MALAYSIA THATS SO CLOSE OMG!!!!!!!! SHE MIGHT BE PREGNANTTT THEY LIKE KIDS AND STUFF!!!!!! SHES DRINKING WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Anyway, if anyone here is ever in hong kong, I recommend going to Ah Yat Harbourview Restaurant. Food was good and and dat view :eek:
I believe I may have eaten yum cha for breakfast there... View looks familiar. When we visited Hong Kong we stayed at the YMCA which is pretty much right there as well. It's right next to the Peninsula too!

I'll probably wait until a new Zelda or Metroid, or possibly a Mario game that's not New SMB.

Jintor

Also all you guys are missing the BIG news. KATE AND WILLS ARE IN MALAYSIA THATS SO CLOSE OMG!!!!!!!! SHE MIGHT BE PREGNANTTT THEY LIKE KIDS AND STUFF!!!!!! SHES DRINKING WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I thought they were in Singapore.

More depressingly, the Malaysian government recently published a book of 'gay and lesbian symptoms'

And they probably arrested the opposition leader on suspicion of sodomy again, I don't know

So in the launch window, I'm getting the Wii U versions of...

New Super Mario Bros. U
Assassin’s Creed III
Zombie U
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
and maybe double dip with PC on
Call of Duty: Black Ops II

probably get the 007 Game down the track cheap if it doesn't suck. Hoping to get some decent import from Zavvi deals after Christmas. New console so the deals won't be flowing quite as fast.

the third party games are all dependent on reviews (i.e. if ACIII WiiU is far worse than 360/PS3, the no go)

I figure if there's a year or so of Wii U of having better than 360/PS3 versions of multiplatform games, it's worth me getting one Day 1.

I used this list if you want to add your own list

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Lol choc 500 no sensor bar.

How can you be so wrong in one night

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Shaneus

I think everyone needs to take me off their ignore list, I promise I won't drop the c-bomb again!

Anyway, doesn't make sense that GC support won't be available... I'm sure that if the unit is in any way hackable, it'll be there. As for me, I haven't seen the lineup/announcement at all (Bayonetta 2? For serious?) but that's a damn cheap entry point for a new console, especially considering it comes with a touchscreen. Even if they have a way to remote play certain titles it'll be worth it.

Saints Row 3 on Steam from GMG for $7.50!
Sam & Max Seasons 1,2 & 3 for $14.35 on Steam!
Lunch for $3.95!

Lets see how long you last this time sailor boy.

Good 'ol EB...

New Super Mario Bros. U
Wii U
$108.00

I despise that company....
US RRP is $60 so I would very much expect EB to pull this bullshit. Big W et al should make them drop it down around the $80 mark hopefully.

Hoping to get some decent import from Zavvi deals after Christmas. New console so the deals won't be flowing quite as fast.
Probably not WiiU deals but this does mean 360/PS3 games will drop in value quicker! 10 pound sales should be amazing over New Years.

I don't care, I still have to get through madworld, Pandora's Tower, last story etc
You should be playing them in Dolphin!

Lol choc 500 no sensor bar.

How can you be so wrong in one night

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Shows how much better we are getting treated than the Japanese market! Was expecting a lot worse after the 5pm conference.

The important thing now is for 3rd party support to sell strong out of the blocks to avoid another desolate Wii landscape. EVERYONE BUY DARKSIDERS 2 FFS.
I am part of the problem :(

Anyway, doesn't make sense that GC support won't be available... I'm sure that if the unit is in any way hackable, it'll be there. As for me, I haven't seen the lineup/announcement at all (Bayonetta 2? For serious?) but that's a damn cheap entry point for a new console, especially considering it comes with a touchscreen. Even if they have a way to remote play certain titles it'll be worth it.
You can already play Gamecube games on your Gamecube. Or your Wii. Or your fucking PC dude!

You can remote play WiiU games and probably Virtual Console ones. Pretty sure you need to be within certain distance of the WiiU console though?

Bayonetta 2 announcement has awakened me to a LOT of people who I never even knew played the game. Jintor and Box Of Bunnies I already knew were big fans but it seems most of the people on my Twitter feed seem to be into it too!

If only more people had bought it :(

senahorse

Plus I dont own a tv :D

tumblr_m2c9zaPcRG1qzbl7f.gif

Shaneus

With Steam Comfy Couch mode I'm tempted to get it back up and running again. And maybe PCSX for some old-school Wipeout funtimes. I'm hoping there's a way to get similar big-screened navigation styles working with a bunch of the emulators so that I have an all-in-one gaming beast that requires little more than a few clicks of the controller to fire up. It helps that the Steam CC mode starts up in the vanilla client simply by just clicking the 360 home button.

Attention Gazunta, other Australians: KKND is on GOG! Support Beam Software by being a few years late to the party!

And if they're putting up a Beam Software game, maybe we'll see some more love and finally get Powerslide on there. It can't be that hard!

Are there any posts people can link me to with a quick summary of the WiiU launch? ie. prices, peripherals, games announced, that sort of thing.

Only one in the office today. No work getting done. Don't even ask for anything. I will sit here eating leftover cakes from yesterdays "farewell, sorry we made you quit" party and the non-alcoholic beverages reading achievement guides.

NFI what to do about lunch. I probably shouldn't leave this place unmanned. :/

I think I need to buy this.

Choc

Banned
Nintendo did it. The same day the ip5 was announced, Nintendo managed to completely drop bombs that made apple look shit in comparison

IWATA BOMBS

get a pizza delivered rep

jambo

Nintendo did it. The same day the ip5 was announced, Nintendo managed to completely drop bombs that made apple look shit in comparison

IWATA BOMBS

...what do Nintendo console announcements have to do with Apple smartphone announcements?

get a pizza delivered rep
That voucher isn't valid here so a pizza would be like $12 delivered. And they suck. :/

...what do Nintendo console announcements have to do with Apple smartphone announcements?

I think he is referring to the buzz at the moment, which is largely about the WiiU rather than iPhone 5 like it was yesterday. Stolen a bit of their buzz just from signal noise.

commissar

Despite Wii U backwards compatibility, and Dolphin, I can see myself owning a Wii console In the future purely because it still looks so good.

Wii U I doubt I'll buy for some time. One or two games of interest doesn't cut it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom