• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I think he is referring to the buzz at the moment, which is largely about the WiiU rather than iPhone 5 like it was yesterday. Stolen a bit of their buzz just from signal noise.

Maybe for gamers and tech people, but almost everyone at work was asking me about the iPhone 5 yesterday and didn't even know there was a Wii U.

senahorse

Oh my fucking god, that story in off-topic about the 2 year old.

It's instances like these I support the death penalty, and nothing quick, something involving bamboo shoots, an incision and a rat.

Seriously fuck some people in this world, correction not people, fucking parasites.

Choc

Banned
...what do Nintendo console announcements have to do with Apple smartphone announcements?

what im saying is usually apple gains huge amounts of hype. Today they do not have that and a lot of tech journos are writing that the ip5 is a let down.

Nintendo on the other hand is getting all sorts of FUCK YEAHs

Danoss

I don't know, nothing particularly exciting there for me personally. The main thing for me after becoming a PC gamer is going to be paying the ridiculous console game prices, though I'll make an exception for Pikmin 3.

Yeah, the "PCs are expensive" really doesn't hold much water. Especially when they do much more than consoles.

I'd rather upgrade my PC than buy another console again. No exceptions at all. Though it'd be more for photo work than games, but funnily enough, a good PC for that plays games rather nicely.

I want the Lego City game. Don't want to buy a WiiU.
I have zero confidence in that game being good. Will be happy to pick it up a few months down the track if it does end up being a LBP level game. I've found every LEGO game to be souless and boring as fuck. Can never force myself through them to the end yet I buy them every fucking time out of reasons of nostalgia. :/

Oh my fucking god, that story in off-topic....
DON'T OPEN THREADS IN OFF TOPIC THAT MAY LAY OUT HOW SHITTY A PLACE WE LIVE IN IS!

I don't know, nothing particularly exciting there for me personally. The main thing for me after becoming a PC gamer is going to be paying the ridiculous console game prices, though I'll make an exception for Pikmin 3.
Yeah Pikmin 3 will be awesome (although online MP would be GODLY but I guess I can wait for the 3dWiiU+ version to include that). LttP would be cool using the Tablet too maybe. ZombiU could turn out to be a cool Red Steel-seque gimick game.

Jintor

Bayonetta 2 was the only real megatonne personally (megatonne being defined as "New news that is surprising and largely positively received"). Pricing was above average, Premium goodies above average, everything else was largely iterating on things we already knew.

Fredescu

The biggest announcement this week is only one day away.

SnalQ.jpg

Yagharek

I think everyone needs to take me off their ignore list, I promise I won't drop the c-bomb again!

Anyway, doesn't make sense that GC support won't be available... .

The reason is that it doesn't have GC ports or memory cards. When nintendo say "BC" they mean fully BC, accessories and all, apparently.

I'm going to keep my Wii after the U comes out, and use it as my gamecube. I expect down the line to see GC games wind up on the eshop, but not all of them and not the ones I managed to find with some trouble.

Don't you love it when an old friend of a friend 'likes' an 'Are Abos scum' page on facebook. The amount of likes and comments are disheartening...

Fredescu

Hrmmm D&D game? I might get excited!
I'm hoping for a party based RPG with a complex non D&D ruleset. If it is a kickstarter, then they won't license anything like D&D. There is of course the possibility that it's Icewind Dale 3, or Wheel of Time based. Both of those would need publisher backing I think, and given that it's rumoured to be PC exclusive, that seems unlikely (one can dream though).

Omikron

I'm hoping for a party based RPG with a complex non D&D ruleset. If it is a kickstarter, then they won't license anything like D&D. There is of course the possibility that it's Icewind Dale 3, or Wheel of Time based. Both of those would need publisher backing I think, and given that it's rumoured to be PC exclusive, that seems unlikely (one can dream though).

I hope it isn't a kickstarter... I don't think I could handle waiting for more RPGs. :(

Yagharek

At this stage launch day will likely be for me:

Wii U (black) and a pro controller
NSMB
Zombi U
Since there is no Pikmin by the sounds of it I might go for one of either Scribblenauts, Rayman or Lego instead.

There's talk that the Obsidian game might be the Planescape spiritual successor that was talked about recently. Obsidian created a Kickstarter account (or maybe it's fake) in August so a Kickstarted Planescape spiritual successor seems logical to me.

Only thing there is that JE Sawyer has indicated his involvement and I don't think he had anything to do with Planescape.

Fredescu

I hope it isn't a kickstarter... I don't think I could handle waiting for more RPGs. :(
Kickstarter or not, I'm pretty sure there will be waiting involved. Hurts so good.

There's talk that the Obsidian game might be the Planescape spiritual successor that was talked about recently. Obsidian created a Kickstarter account (or maybe it's fake) in August so a Kickstarted Planescape spiritual successor seems logical to me.
They won't license Planescape I think, but yeah, a new IP along similar lines is the most likely given that it was the most popular option from Avellone's polling.

BREAKING NEWS: My former co-worker just stopped in to give me a bottle of scotch for putting up with her for the last year! Weekend saved!
If anyone from my company is trawling my information I HAVE NOT OPENED IT ALRIGHT, there is only Pepsi Max cans in the office, I shall not mix the two :/

Hrmmm D&D game? I might get excited!
ALPHA PROTOCOL 2
When it is Planescape Torment 2 I will seriously rip my shirt/jumper off and scream pure joy to the heavens

Ok I bought the Torchlight II 4-pack but I only have two gifts in my Steam library.

Huh?
You should also have 4 copies of the original Torchlight to gift.

That bayonetta 2 thread is 70 pages worth of port begging.
Strange since Nintendo is the one funding/publishing so shit out of luck for a port guys! All they need to do is wait a year (I doubt Bayonetta 2 is even coming out this fucking year!) and pick up a WiiU for like $300 along with whatever Mario/Zelda/Party/Tennis retreads have hit the stores.

They won't license Planescape I think, but yeah, a new IP along similar lines is the most likely given that it was the most popular option from Avellone's polling.
They've already said they don't want to license Planescape because they don't want to have to abide by the D&D ruleset for that style of game.

If they can come up with a multi-dimensional plane shifting crazy RPG without getting the pants sued off them, I'm in.

Finally got around to looking at the Double Fine Kickstarter incentive stuff. I liked the shirt... until I saw the huge BACKER! on the back.

Eh...

legend166

That old trick. :p

Ha! I wish.

Also, legal people, is it legal for an employer to force annual leave over a certain period? It's not a case of I have heaps saved up (I don't at all), they just want us to make the upcoming 3 day weekend a four day weekend so they can match some targets.

But I don't want to do that :S

Ha! I wish.

Also, legal people, is it legal for an employer to force annual leave over a certain period? It's not a case of I have heaps saved up (I don't at all), they just want us to make the upcoming 3 day weekend a four day weekend so they can match some targets.

Wouldn't be legal. I know they are recommended to give employees holidays in blocks of time, they get a slap on the wrist for letting employees take one day off every now and then since the time is meant to be to recouperate or something. I know my boss was saying at his last employer they got a huge fine for paying out annual leave and having most employees just take a Friday or Monday off rather than 3-5 days at a time.

Choc

Banned
no its legal.

Employees can demand leave and can restrict leave periods @ will. Unless you are in a unionised work force where unions would push against it.

I've been in that situation before.

I have rung IR lawyers and government departments about this before. Its entire legal. Annual leave is a privellege not ar ight under the law and the employer can deny and demand at will.

Reptile, that fine would have been for being in breach of a federal award if you are in an award based environment. Most people don't work under awards these days

Fredescu

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/faqs/leave/pages/default.aspx

Fairwork said:
Can my employer force me to take annual leave?

It’s up to you and your employer to agree on when you can take annual leave and how much you can take. However, some awards and agreements let your employer tell you to take annual leave at certain times, such as:

during a period of shut down (such as between Christmas and New Year)
if you have a large amount of annual leave that you haven’t taken.
If you’re covered by an award or agreement you should check it. An employer can only tell you to take annual leave if this is covered in the award or agreement.

If you aren’t covered by an award or agreement, your employer may be able to tell you to take annual leave as long as the request is reasonable. See Directing an employee to take annual leave for details.

More details: http://www.fairwork.gov.au/leave/annual-leave/pages/directing-an-employee-to-take-annual-leave.aspx

Basically, yeah, they probably can.

Choc

Banned
Guarantee in your contract legend it mentions this and that your employer controls your leave.

I have had periods of time im not allowed to take leave. It has been up to 4 months of the year at one stage.

legend166

Doesn't matter, I talked to my manager about it and she said it was just a suggestion from higher ups, doesn't matter if I don't take it.

Also GMG send out my Borderlands 2 key. Yay!

Open the Australian today to article about how gay marriage encourages little children to be gay. Specific reference to how hypocritical this is because we don't encourage smoking, which reduces your lifespan, but the 'lefties' are all for encouraging children to become gay, which obviously gives you a shorten lifespan because of HIV and stuff. Flip to article about how atheists are missing out on a 'sense of wonder and awe at the world'.

Oh Australian, never change.

I used this list if you want to add your own list
Thanks! The price is decent, some nice games there. I might just end up buying one!
Don't you love it when an old friend of a friend 'likes' an 'Are Abos scum' page on facebook. The amount of likes and comments are disheartening...
Yeah :s I have a lot of old school mates on fb, and man, some of them would sure do that shire stereotype proud.

Open the Australian today to article about how gay marriage encourages little children to be gay. Specific reference to how hypocritical this is because we don't encourage smoking, which reduces your lifespan, but the 'lefties' are all for encouraging children to become gay, which obviously gives you a shorten lifespan because of HIV and stuff. Flip to article about how atheists are missing out on a 'sense of wonder and awe at the world'.

Oh Australian, never change.

They didn't attempt to take the recinded ACL chestnut of 'being gay kills more people than smoking'?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Whyth iz da Wii U prithe more than the You-ESS. OMG I carnt belief this.

Yagharek

Funny, I thought we got over the stigma of hiv in the 80s. It's not just transmitted by gay sex, it used to be transmitted by blood transfusions (Asimov got it this way), drug use c/- used needles and - gasp - unprotected hetero sex.

I can't believe The Australian likes to put itself up as some intellectual newspaper when its seemingly being written by nothing more than a bunch of conservatives whose dads got them the job.

Shaneus

Finally got around to looking at the Double Fine Kickstarter incentive stuff. I liked the shirt... until I saw the huge BACKER! on the back.

Eh...
Yeah, I Was the same. I think I voted on the t-shirt that didn't have that (there was one of those, wasn't there?). Sucks, because who would want that on their back? Alternative is, wear a jacket over it, or google to see if there's a way of removing parts of prints on clothing. I'm sure there's a method that involves lemon juice, baking soda, bubble gum and a teatowel soaked in marmalade.

Shaneus

I want the Lego City game. Don't want to buy a WiiU.
Give it a month. Someone will have worked out emulation for WiiU (lol Wii x2/GC x4 amirite).

So, Bayonetta 2. Published by Ninty. Does it have *anything* to do with Platinum? It's all well and good to say that Ninty are publishing it so that's that, but I'm sure there have been instances of games that were published by, say, MS then released onto other consoles as a slightly different iteration (a la the Ninja Gaiden series). But I might just be talking shit.

So, Bayonetta 2. Published by Ninty. Does it have *anything* to do with Platinum? It's all well and good to say that Ninty are publishing it so that's that, but I'm sure there have been instances of games that were published by, say, MS then released onto other consoles as a slightly different iteration (a la the Ninja Gaiden series). But I might just be talking shit.

hRFOl.jpg

Different lead team to what worked on the original game but still Platinum. No Shibata, no Yamada, Kamiya is 'supervising'. Hashimoto produced on the first game but no idea what he actually did since his background was graphic effects on God Hand and UI on Devil May Cry. Inaba is a beast though.

SEGA are being paid for the IP and Nintendo will have rights to the game, don't expect it to hit 360/PS3 as well. Maybe if it sells gangbusters SEGA will put another sequel into production for 360/PS3/WiiU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom