• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
latest newspoll has LNP ALP 50/50

Tony, your days are numbered. The opposition isn't going to risk losing the unloseable because of him.

Guess people don't want a woman puncher as a PM.

midonnay

could be a rogue poll .....you don't make up 10 points in a couple of weeks... o_O

or maybe sympathy for gillard's dad...

fingers crossed anyways.

Choc

Banned
or you know people are waking up to what Tony is really like. Him demanding JG give a parliamentary speech and then a lengthy press conference on her legal dealings, and then he won't do the same when stuff is found out about him means he is a joke.

LNP fine, LNP with Tony at the helm

get fucked

most people i know agree with that sentiment as well. A lot of people won't vote for LNP with Tony leading.

Julia is ahead now on 2 prime minister preferred.

edit: also the campbell newman factor

pro alarm users wake up like 1 minute before it rings and turn it off >_>

Hehe...I do that and then sleep another half an hour. :p

I've found that setting the alarm earlier to your required wake up time, getting up and turning it off, then sleeping a little extra provides way more satisfaction than the conventional way.

Shaneus

I don't think a racing seat would be at all comfortable whole sitting at a desk. You want that support when cornering or have external forces trying to move you about, but at a desk? Not for me...

Since you didn't ask me, get something with good support (OK so it's a little more than $150, but I'm sure you can find a reasonable clone) that'll let you move around.
Yeah, I have one of those at my work desk. Nice little chair, but for the express purpose of plonking it in front of a FFB wheel (a la this) it'd be perfect. Ultimate goal being that, with comfy couch, that wheel and the wireless keyboard/pad thing, I'd be spending less time at my desk anyway.

It'd have to be better than my current chair at least, anyway. But I'm only really contemplating it because I saw it in OW when I was buying said wireless key thingy, so it's not something I've been mulling over for ages (although I'd always wanted a racing-ish seat, so I suppose that'd throw two stones at birds in glass houses).

All of it. NSMB1 and 2 were/are great fun.
Yep, they definitely were fun. They just didn't add much in the way of mechanics or level design. I think the only powerups they added were Micro and Macro Mario, which the latter added nothing to the game mechanically.

They were both solid games but didn't add anything to the series that was exciting.

Raxum

Far out that looks intense. Bad juju going on over there. I still don't see the point in wrecking other people's stuff, especially other chinese people's stuff if they're rioting against Japan. All they're doing is ruining chinese people's lives, not like it'll hurt the japanese to burn the car they made after someone has bought it.

In other news, I didn't post over the weekend due to a family commitment and dinally getting my controller working with Dark Souls. Turns out there was a secondary HID controller activated from something. I disabled it and everything else still seems to be working fine so I'm leaving it disabled for the moment. 14 hours into the game since getting it working saturday evening XD. Damn timesink.

senahorse

Interesting numbers from a wired.com poll:

Which smartphone are you going to buy?
Apple iPhone 5 25% (6254)
Nokia Lumia 920 49% (12171)
Samsung Galaxy S III 14% (3588)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4% (1086)
Other 3% (839)
I don't plan to buy a smartphone. 3% (839)
Total votes: 24777

Wired is a tech site and I've seen a lot of tech people looking elsewhere because the iPhone 5 doesn't give the expected blowjobs.

Run the same poll on the Herald Sun website, and iPhone 5 will likely win by a mile.

Choc

Banned
China seems to think they own the whole of asia

relevant

screen_shot_2012_09_14_at_7.30.47_am_grande.png

senahorse

Wired is a tech site and I've seen a lot of tech people looking elsewhere because the iPhone 5 doesn't give the expected blowjobs.

Run the same poll on the Herald Sun website, and iPhone 5 will likely win by a mile.

Granted, but it's promising for a new phone with a new OS to have nearly half the votes.

jambo

A. Totally going to grab a 15m HDMI cable and wireless kb+m and have my PC hooked up to the TV in the back room. Steam Big Picture Mode worked wonderfully yesterday, really enjoyed playing Darksiders, AssCreed and even CSGO on the comfy couch. I have one of those 360 wireless receivers somewhere, just need to find it.

B. how does CSGO on 360 not have split screen local MP?! Gungame would be an awesome party game!

B. how does CSGO on 360 not have split screen local MP?! Gungame would be an awesome party game!

Counter Strike didn't have split screen local MP on the OG Xbox and that was in the time when devs usually still bothered with it, so I don't see how an XBLA CS not having it would be a surprise.

Choc

Banned
it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft is actually discouraging split screen because of Xbox Live and how it costs $10 to access it

Dead Man

Good to see the WiiU carnival of stupid continues.

it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft is actually discouraging split screen because of Xbox Live and how it costs $10 to access it

I am convinced pubs have been discouraging split screen since it means two people can play one copy of the game.

jambo

It just seems odd to me, getting very bored of playing Halo with mates.

Borderlands 2 has great split-screen, you can even go online with it!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I am convinced pubs have been discouraging split screen since it means two people can play one copy of the game.
It's pretty stupid, esp since split-screens in my experience can encourage other people to buy their own copy of a game, based purely on their experience of playing split-screen it with their mates.>:

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So on september 30th Apple or maybe us is killing the one staff purchase per year, Which means if I want to blow money on something apple then I need to do it now :(

I'm thinking of picking up a macbook. I could use it for work along with study while I work towards my apple certification, Unless I run away from doing it. It's probably not entirely needed though but hey, Why the fuck not? Something like that.

These are the products and prices I can get them at. So help me choose a machine ausgaf!

I was thinking a 13" Macbook air, as much as the air's kinda suck for specific use, I can't imagine me playing games or anything on the macbook to begin with.

Only the 15" have none intel GPUs as well, Which is kinda silly.

Prices:

Macbook Air 11" 64GB - $1099 (879.20) - 128GB $1249 - (999.20)

Macbook Air 13" - 128GB - $1349 (1079.20) - 256GB $1689 (1351.20)

Macbook Pro 13" 2.5GHZ 1349 (1079.20) - 2.9GHZ 1689 - (1351.20)

Macbook Pro 15" 2.3GHZ 1999 (1599.20) - 2.6GHZ 2499 - (1999.20)

Those in brackets are my lovely price. Others are RRP.

Helps!

jambo

Good lord MacBooks are expensive O_O

btw I wouldn't mind one of the new iPod Nanos. Just wish they had a 32GB model.

It's pretty stupid, esp since split-screens in my experience can encourage other people to buy their own copy of a game, based purely on their experience of playing split-screen it with their mates.>:

Pubs seem to have this idea that doing things like this which lessen the experience will get people to buy more games. Heres a tip though moves like this are why i've bought less games this gen than any i can remember. Sure i shared my games with local co-op in the past but i also bought a lot more of them (and my friends would usually end up buying them to play when i'm not around).

Local co-op is what gaming is all about to me.

r1chard

I was thinking a 13" Macbook air, as much as the air's kinda suck for specific use, I can't imagine me playing games or anything on the macbook to begin with.
I use a 15" Air with the fastest CPU and full 8GB of RAM for my day job programming and stuff. At the office it's plugged into a 27" monitor with a wireless keyboard and trackpad. On the go the lightness of the Air goddamn rocks. And it's a very capable system to boot. I reckon it probably can't be beat - and I did a fair survey of the competition when I got it about 3 months ago (just after the last Apple laptop refresh happened.)

Choc

Banned
I think it's more about a large number of Chinese people still being angry at Japan for events that happened 70 years ago, when they came over and killed a bunch of people.

its about some disputed islands between Japan and China. Just like Taiwan, CHina thinks they own them.

hamchan

its about some disputed islands between Japan and China. Just like Taiwan, CHina thinks they own them.

Yes, I know that but ultimately the hatred stems from WW2. There is still a large amount of anti-Japan sentiment in China because of it. It wasn't that long ago after all, it's hard for a lot of people to forget what Japan did. Of course any move from Japan that looks like they're encroaching on China's territory will get this response.

Jintor

It's like the middle eastern embassy riots: the catalyst is a single event, but the cause is a much larger historical thingymabob.

hi evlcookie wrote something here about buying a computer
If it were me and no need for games, i'd go for the 13" Air.

I would love a true replacement for my 2005 12" Powerbook (ie similar power to the 15" models)- which still works great seven years later. I still use it these days in a spare room to rip my R1 DVD's

Choc

Banned
I have no idea how it finally came to this, but that is a masterful recovery going by how bad it was 18 months ago.

1. We are past the Carbon Tax date and the sky didn't fall in

2. Labor sorted out the asylum seeker situation (and in a way that most of the electorate like sadly)

3. A lot of bad press has happened to Tony recently

4. Leigh Sales. Enough said.

5. Campbell Newman.

One of the major takeaways recently is people want the LNP in power but not with Tony and if Tony remains they would vote IND/GRN/ALP

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So on september 30th Apple or maybe us is killing the one staff purchase per year, Which means if I want to blow money on something apple then I need to do it now :(

I'm thinking of picking up a macbook. I could use it for work along with study while I work towards my apple certification, Unless I run away from doing it. It's probably not entirely needed though but hey, Why the fuck not? Something like that.

These are the products and prices I can get them at. So help me choose a machine ausgaf!

Only the 15" have none intel GPUs as well, Which is kinda silly.

Prices:

Macbook Air 11" 64GB - $1099 (879.20) - 128GB $1249 - (999.20)

Macbook Air 13" - 128GB - $1349 (1079.20) - 256GB $1689 (1351.20)

Macbook Pro 13" 2.5GHZ 1349 (1079.20) - 2.9GHZ 1689 - (1351.20)

Macbook Pro 15" 2.3GHZ 1999 (1599.20) - 2.6GHZ 2499 - (1999.20)

Those in brackets are my lovely price. Others are RRP.

Helps!

The non retina Pro's are all poop, get a Macbook Air 13. You can game on them a little, I play Starcraft II, source games and all the indie type stuff just fine.

It actually plays Sleeping Dogs at 30fps too, just sounds like a jet taking off doing so.

apple making up words

2012-ipodnano-home-split2

Seriously choc you gotta have more funness.

magenta

Yes, I know that but ultimately the hatred stems from WW2. There is still a large amount of anti-Japan sentiment in China because of it. It wasn't that long ago after all, it's hard for a lot of people to forget what Japan did. Of course any move from Japan that looks like they're encroaching on China's territory will get this response.

China institutionalizing their hatred for Japan in the school system does not help matter much unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom