• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of annoyed at all the pre-emptive comments about "now all the racist Australians are going to hate more muslims" that have circulated the past few days.

To me that's almost akin to dragging a third party in and blaming them for a reaction that hasn't happened, minority report style.

Most people, in fact the vast majority of Australians are not racist and have responded to the scenes in sydney in a measured way.

There seems to be a lot of two-way tarring of the brush going on, and I dont like it.

I don't know man, I've seen a comments on news sites saying "the answer is banning people from the middle east from coming to Australia" and a jump in people on facebook 'friends' liking "ban the buqa" type pages.

I've seen all episodes of CSI, Miami and NY...so Dexter was nothing new for me.

Seems like it would be. Crappy TV being different to good TV

Choc

Banned
why do i get the feeling this picture is heading for memes

4265380-3x2-700x467.jpg

4265950-3x2-700x467.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
183349_418375058219148_228607727_n.jpg

here's my costume from the weekend :)

excuse the creeper.. she was drunk and put it on wrong.. but it's the only photo i have!

Shaneus

Yeah. You really should apologise for the fact that you have (what appears to be) a woman in the photo with you.

PS. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning to not-Apple for my phone next year (or maybe this year or whatever). I'm curious about that Nokia Windows phone, but I remember how excited I got for WinPho7 before it appeared to lose favour with the public almost completely.

I'll say it again. Your city and state was founded by tasmanians.
That's not something to be proud of.

Yagharek

Crying Koala?
Weeping Wombat?
Emo Emu?
Keening Kangaroo?
Cracking-up Kookaburra?
Bawling Bandicoot?
Blubbering Barramundi?
Yowling Yowie?
Wailing Wallaby?
Emoting Echidna?
Grieving Galah?
Pained Platypus?

I could go on.

It really needs to be something deadly and iconic. Crocodile, spider, willy wagtail, snake, or something cool like tassie devils.

Choc

Banned
Tigers are idiots for letting Ryan go. He gives them major exposure via Channel 9.

Now the sharks get that. Hopefully he continues to do stupid shit with Carney in the vein of what he did with Benji

Ha burn. But no Ryan and no Heighington? Even further behind then they were this year.

Should just get rid of Sheens.

Heighington hasn't done much this year I think but Ryan has probably had his best year and been moved around to several positions. Plus he's pretty popluar and has a fair few fans that would follow him to whatever clubs he plays at next.

When people think Australia they think of either a Kangaroo or a Koala bear. How about a Koala in a Kangaroo pouch. For authenticity. With a beer in each hand.

Co-worker just pointed this out to me

Symphony of Legends - Video Games Unplugged - presented by Scott Kurtz and Kris Straub - BRISBANE - NOVEMBER 23

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat OMG OMG OMG OMG

Two weeks AFTER Supanova Brisbane damn it

BTW how awesome is Supanova Brisbane gonna be. Me AND Felicia Day. It's gonna be fucking awesome.

Can you move it to Melbourne please?

jambo

PS. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning to not-Apple for my phone next year (or maybe this year or whatever). I'm curious about that Nokia Windows phone, but I remember how excited I got for WinPho7 before it appeared to lose favour with the public almost completely.

I'm currently on an Optus BYO plan, so my next step is to sell my iPhone 4 and buy a HTC One XL 4G outright. After the contract finishes up I'll go to Telstra for 4G goodness.

First non Apple phone in over 4 years.

Fredescu

Ha burn. But no Ryan and no Heighington? Even further behind then they were this year.
It's seriously bizarre that they were considered anything close to favourites at the start of the year. That said, being a Bulldogs fan, it's also seriously bizarre that we ended up minor premiers.

Still, look down the ladder this year. It's just crazy how competitive this years competition was. Last years runner up came fourteenth, but were still looking good for a finals berth about two thirds of the way through. Knights, Titans, Dragons, all very competitive and unlucky to miss out. Even Penrith were showing flashes of fight towards the end of the season. Usually 30 points is required to make it into the 8, but 7 and 8 this year didn't have that and 30 points was good enough for 6th!

Any coach that wants to improve their position next year is going to have to do some serious work. I'm not sure that Sheens is making the right choices, but he definitely has to do something.

As an aside, I think Brisbane are fucked next year. My money would be on a bottom four finish for them.

Choc

Banned
The irony is Gaz now that you don't work in industry, you start working with people that give a shit about games

lol

edit: Dat Hasler Fred

Hasler is the greatest coach of the modern era

Ydahs

Currently on thehut.co.uk:

Standard WiiU $286
Premium WiiU bundle $342 AUD
ZombiU WiiU bundle $375 AUD
All games are roughly $50 AUD

To import or not to import...

Fredescu

edit: Dat Hasler Fred

Hasler is the greatest coach of the modern era
He's pretty good. Not sure about greatest just yet. We've been pretty lucky to have a trio of youngsters fire all at once in Reynolds, Kasiano, and Barba. Des definitely has them playing a certain way though, and made some pretty smart mid season buys. Even if we lose this weekend it's been an amazing season.

It's seriously bizarre that they were considered anything close to favourites at the start of the year. That said, being a Bulldogs fan, it's also seriously bizarre that we ended up minor premiers.

Still, look down the ladder this year. It's just crazy how competitive this years competition was. Last years runner up came fourteenth, but were still looking good for a finals berth about two thirds of the way through. Knights, Titans, Dragons, all very competitive and unlucky to miss out. Even Penrith were showing flashes of fight towards the end of the season. Usually 30 points is required to make it into the 8, but 7 and 8 this year didn't have that and 30 points was good enough for 6th!

Any coach that wants to improve their position next year is going to have to do some serious work. I'm not sure that Sheens is making the right choices, but he definitely has to do something.

As an aside, I think Brisbane are fucked next year. My money would be on a bottom four finish for them.

The parity in the NRL is amazing. I doubt there is a competition like it.

As a Broncos fan I'm afraid you're right. They're missing good players at 1 and 6. Hoffman is reliable, and had a good season in 2011, but you pretty well need your best player at fullback. He's solid defensively and that's about it. If I was Griffin I'd be putting Hodges there.
We're boned 5/8 wise though. Norman is turd, Hunt is turd, Capewell can't get out of the Q. Boned.
Wallace is fine at halfback, but he needs someone to share the load with.
Forwards are fine, although losing Teo sucks. Outside backs will be good once Yow Yeh comes back.

All that said I think they'll compete, and a year older will be good for the kids to get through the Origin period. But I hope they spend some of that Lockyer and Petero money on a good play maker for 2014.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
That's the problem with all the UK shops they ALL have shitty shipping options. None of them offer any sort of tracking, accountability and they're all painfully fucking slow.

Get the hardware locally, wait closer to release when they start cutting the price due to competition, get the games from the UK. Simple.

Ah. Well, you can't really approach them the same way as procedurals. You can skip an episode here and there and not miss anything. With serials you have to watch them in order or you just lose the story completely.

Ah ok that makes sense. After dexter I'm going to start with boardwalk empire.

Currently on thehut.co.uk:

Standard WiiU $286
Premium WiiU bundle $342 AUD
ZombiU WiiU bundle $375 AUD
All games are roughly $50 AUD

To import or not to import...
If that ZombiU bundle came with a special WiiU I would be all over that shit day one. I am a fiend for special edition consoles. Thankfully this generation has been sparse of decent ones (nearly died not buying a FF13 PS3) otherwise I would be homeless.

I've heard very bad things about the hut.
Never had an issue to be honest. Anytime a package has been in transit for more than 14 days I have shot them a message, they have said wait another week and if it doesn't turn up they will resend, then the package turns up 2-3 days later!

Kirby102

So we're not getting Kirby's Dream Collection to celebrate his birthday in Australia. This makes me sad, so I decided to cheer myself up somehow:

Vzofx.jpg

The cupcake was delish~ :p

Choc

Banned
Its fitting that you use the piece of hardware leading to the downfall of Nintendo to tell them they are fucking idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom