• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

was it those DDK guys
NO. Shut up.

Rocking the faux leather jacket with hoodie combo?
Also everyone was drinking Monteiths A&P? Is this other forum about sheep herding in the fiordlands?
Yes, yes, and how did you know?
Surprisingly, people were rocking it without any input from myself. As soon as I saw they had it, that was what I stuck to for the rest of the night. Place was a little too trendy for my liking, but I still had fun. It was a reasonable venue with some pretty woeful music. The Workshop on A'Beckett/Elizabeth.

Choc

Banned
oKBdJ.gif

This is everyone everyday around my son
uVLvX.jpg

:lol :lol

why the fuck

My sisters 21st :/
Don't want to go, she never went to mine (as I never had one) and I have had major issues with my parents who booked the tickets in the middle of wedding preparations so it is a huge fuckaround for us.
Also she is now dating my best friend soooooooo I don't really want to process that.

Maybe my parents will pay for my alcohol while I am up there though :/

Choc

Banned
Live Traffic NSW ‏@LiveTrafficNSW
GALSTON: #GalstonRd on Galston Gorge is closed in both directions due to an oversized truck. Avoid the area.
Expand
Reply Retweeted Favorite

the reason why i am posting this is I used to live near there and there is now three signs, flashing lights and an area for trucks to measure themselves before going down

before that was up the cops used to get furious (i saw a cop lady slamming a truckie once), i guarantee now they go thermonuclear.

fuck sake.

i think Jintor knows the area as well

Choc

Banned
wait even today its its own territory? Just ruled by canberra under a law?

farkin WOW :O

learn something new every day

Fredescu

no, whats that?
Used to go there as a kid to feed the rosella's. They would come and sit on your hands and head. It was fun. Apparently you can't do that anymore...

"after many years of human interaction and especially feeding of the wildlife, it is not uncommon to be attacked by wildlife in search of food. It is for this reason that feeding the wildlife is now forbidden at Greenpatch, as well as many other parts of the Jervis Bay area."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpatch,_Jervis_Bay_Territory

Rlan

So the iPhone 5 uses this "Nano Sim" -- do any phones currently use this? Do I just pop into a Virgin Mobile store and get my old Micro Sim switched?

Choc

Banned
So the iPhone 5 uses this "Nano Sim" -- do any phones currently use this? Do I just pop into a Virgin Mobile store and get my old Micro Sim switched?

No other phones use it

It iwll be the biggest fucking pain in the arse ever. And i guarantee like the 4 they run out of sims before phones

Rlan

No other phones use it

It iwll be the biggest fucking pain in the arse ever. And i guarantee like the 4 they run out of sims before phones

Well shit.

I want an iPhone 5, but I'd probably get my work to grab one direct from Apple when they get some test machines at Chermside, but that means I'm going to have to figure out a way to get a Nano Sim somehow.

midonnay

holy shit, Nic nat in the all australian with Darren glass as captain

Bigfooty is going to go insane

Not that it wasn't deserved :)

Choc

Banned
Well shit.

I want an iPhone 5, but I'd probably get my work to grab one direct from Apple when they get some test machines at Chermside, but that means I'm going to have to figure out a way to get a Nano Sim somehow.

if the telcos have a sim they can just swap it over. If they have a sim....

Gazunta

So Choc what you're saying about the LNP polls is that people might be getting sick and tired of someone screaming that the sky is falling every five minutes and telling people everything is going to be doomed?

Just checking.

I know the IRC people are probably getting sick of me going on about it but Guild Wars 2 is seriously great. I just hit level 26 on my human Guardian after a week or so of play (/age said something like 20 hours). I levelled my Asura Thief to 22 before getting a bit bored.

It's my new TF2.
except I didn't spend $100

senahorse

Well Channel 10 has got one thing right.

Homeland Season 2 fast tracked

I don't get the love for this show.

No-one in the show is likeable, absolutely no-one.

Brody for obvious reasons and Carrie, oh my god Carrie, is one of the most annoying and neurotic characters I have seen in a TV show.

DDK REPRESENT
Rofl.
I know the IRC people are probably getting sick of me going on about it but Guild Wars 2 is seriously great. I just hit level 26 on my human Guardian after a week or so of play (/age said something like 20 hours). I levelled my Asura Thief to 22 before getting a bit bored.

It's my new TF2.
except I didn't spend $100
Seriously tempted to go buy it... though I just preordered borderlands so it'll sadly have to wait a little longer.

Choc

Banned
I don't get the love for this show.

No-one in the show is likeable, absolutely no-one.

Brody for obvious reasons and Carrie, oh my god Carrie, is one of the most annoying and neurotic characters I have seen in a TV show.

I think the carrie thing is intended :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ungh so sick. The only dr near work is booked out ;_;

Time to google random dodgy dr's and go in my lunch break

Choc

Banned
"There is a call for urgent regulation of so-called "free" apps that end up costing parents hundreds of dollars on their iTunes accounts."

parental lock. done.

learn to parent.

"Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) communications manager Elise Davidson, explains how the game works.

"She can do some modelling jobs to earn money, or go to the club, or simply go shopping," she said.

"She comes in and wants to go to a certain store. It asks you whether you want work chic or seasonal clothes, she chose work clothes.

"When you go to buy an item you simply double-tap. It says 'not enough cash, you need ATM cash', it says 'get some from the ATM', then you hit buy and you aren't sure if it is real or not.""

ok if its like that lol thats pretty dodgy, but clearly i'd say thats bending the truth

Apple says there are settings to restrict these purchases and they only need to be activated, and it is up to parents to safeguard their iTunes passwords.

Ms Buchner says that is not good enough.

What the fuck does she want? fucking apple to send a security guard to your house? Fuck me

""Kids don't have to be rocket scientists to work out the iTunes password. The duty of care should be the responsibility of Apple, not on parents.""

if you use a good password, yes, they do.

ACCC telling people not to pay their bills. Well ACCC, when they can't get a loan due to a shit credit rating, are you goign to complain about that to?

senahorse

I think the carrie thing is intended :p

Of course it is, it doesn't change the fact she's not likeable. And with a show full of characters I would happily see die, well there isn't much there for me. I can say for the most part it is well acted but if all I am doing is rooting to see everyone die, well I really can't say anything positive about the show. Maybe it helps if you're a patriotic American *shrugs*

Choc

Banned
There is such a thing as fraudulent advertising choccers

that said the password thing might be a little much

I don't think its fraudulent advertising

it says you get X for $109?

seriously how much more could they do?

Apple would have to completely rebuild the IAP API, and they aren't going to do that. They will just cut Australia out of certain apps.

markot

Banned
I hate all that shit on the mobile stores. The biggest grossing shit on android right now is like 3 pokies apps >_> fuck that shitttttt, should be illegal.

Also legend, 349 for a galaxy nexus http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/samsung-galaxy-nexus/ its a google phone so its already got 4.1 and should always, at least for a few years, get the newest android updates. Its only drawback imo is no expandable sd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom