• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
also this

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ate-fundraiser

Quote:
During a private fundraiser earlier this year, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney told a small group of wealthy contributors what he truly thinks of all the voters who support President Barack Obama. He dismissed these Americans as freeloaders who pay no taxes, who don't assume responsibility for their lives, and who think government should take care of them.

lol fuckin america.

On the one hand you have a Gvt thinking they should do nothing for its people, and then you have the Australian Government who wants to nanny us like crazy.

Jintor

i'll take semi-nanny state with accountability for $400, thanks

anyway, should I bother upgrading to Windows 7? Still weary of Windows 8 but hopefully they'll push the price down on 7. Vista is beginning to shit me a little, but I don't really have a pressing need to upgrade.

Choc

Banned
semi nanny state is fine

where australia is heading, is beyond ridiculous

edit: mega yes and thats what apple has said to Lateline

i'll take semi-nanny state with accountability for $400, thanks

anyway, should I bother upgrading to Windows 7? Still weary of Windows 8 but hopefully they'll push the price down on 7. Vista is beginning to shit me a little, but I don't really have a pressing need to upgrade.
Pay the $15 for a student copy of Win7 and have an orgasmic time enjoying all the little things that make computer life easier.

jambo

Andrew Bayer is touring Australia with Above & Beyond in January next year.

r8b7j.gif

For the uninitiated.

So good as well.

I have pre-ordered a Wii U through the EB website. I would have gone JB but they don't seem to have in-store pickup as an option on their website.

that's 4 consoles I've bought from EB yet I have bought less than $300 in games from them in the same time period (since 2001)

We shall see how badly I will end up regretting this

Choc

Banned
also :O

XBLA Releases ‏@XBLAReleases
Release Date: NiGHTS into Dreams HD (When: Fri Oct 5, 2012 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Dated)
Collapse
Reply Retweeted Favorite

Jintor

Why don't you just take the substance of the tweet, you don't need to just copy paste the whole thing. The readability is atrocious. I know you don't give two shits about formatting but come on

Rahk

Release Date: NiGHTS into Dreams HD (When: Fri Oct 5, 2012 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Dated)
Collapse
Reply Retweeted Favorite
Rahk @Rahk
Retwetting dis
Collapse
Reply Retweeted Favorite

Fusebox

Banned
Choc
(Today, 11:11 AM)
Multi-Quote This Message Quote

Collapse
Reply Retweeted Favorite

You guys are crazy.

legend166

I hate all that shit on the mobile stores. The biggest grossing shit on android right now is like 3 pokies apps >_> fuck that shitttttt, should be illegal.

Also legend, 349 for a galaxy nexus http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/samsung-galaxy-nexus/ its a google phone so its already got 4.1 and should always, at least for a few years, get the newest android updates. Its only drawback imo is no expandable sd.

The GF already preordered a iPhone 5.

._.

"There is a call for urgent regulation of so-called "free" apps that end up costing parents hundreds of dollars on their iTunes accounts."

parental lock. done.

learn to parent.

"Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) communications manager Elise Davidson, explains how the game works.

"She can do some modelling jobs to earn money, or go to the club, or simply go shopping," she said.

"She comes in and wants to go to a certain store. It asks you whether you want work chic or seasonal clothes, she chose work clothes.

"When you go to buy an item you simply double-tap. It says 'not enough cash, you need ATM cash', it says 'get some from the ATM', then you hit buy and you aren't sure if it is real or not.""

ok if its like that lol thats pretty dodgy, but clearly i'd say thats bending the truth

Apple says there are settings to restrict these purchases and they only need to be activated, and it is up to parents to safeguard their iTunes passwords.

Ms Buchner says that is not good enough.

What the fuck does she want? fucking apple to send a security guard to your house? Fuck me

""Kids don't have to be rocket scientists to work out the iTunes password. The duty of care should be the responsibility of Apple, not on parents.""

if you use a good password, yes, they do.

ACCC telling people not to pay their bills. Well ACCC, when they can't get a loan due to a shit credit rating, are you goign to complain about that to?

My nephew is 3 years old and he knows how to buy and download apps from the store. His dad linked his credit card and my nephew kept on buying paid apps, final total was close to $700 when his dad put a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom