• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

hahah oh wow sony, what a bunch of muppets.

Jet Set Radio on PSN. Can't buy it unless youre a PS+ subscriber. I've heard of exclusive demos, but exclusive sales? My my my.

Anyone in AusGAF work for sony au? Sort it out.

Clipper

hahah oh wow sony, what a bunch of muppets.

Jet Set Radio on PSN. Can't buy it unless youre a PS+ subscriber. I've heard of exclusive demos, but exclusive sales? My my my.

Anyone in AusGAF work for sony au? Sort it out.

If it's like the US version, then it is just a week of exclusivity.

Dead Man

Hey guys, perhaps you can help Marsh and I out. We both want to make board game orders with Games Paradise, and they have announced they will hold a 30% off sale when they reach 1000 likes on Facebook. They are currently at 994, so that needs only 6 more. Anyone want to help out so we can stop waiting for this sale to start? Of course you get to participate in the sale too once they reach the level.

Here's the Facebook link for anybody interested in helping out with a Like.

Liked. And now I feel dirty.

senahorse

I don't see the big deal.

The game comes out between the 16th-18th on all the other platforms.

Sony obviously did a deal with the pub to get it in the hands of the psn+ members a week earlier (from the 11th).

Gold has a week exclusivity for retail demos but I've never heard of free members being restricted from buying things.

XBL has always locked out demos as timed exclusives, but Ive never seen them lock out a purchase altogether from silver live.

But even if they did does not make sony's scam any better.

I was sure they have withheld a few XBLA titles from sale for a week only to Gold. They run Gold only sales too.

Yagharek

Nintendo will do this with Nintendo Premium, just watch

You dont know what NP is then.

Its just a reward scheme for those who buy the black console. Every digital purchase gets you points that can be used after a certain time (I think when you reach 500) for discounts on other DD games.

Its not a subscription service like xbl pyrite or psn minus.

Choc

Banned
XBL and PSN started in a particular way to

granted, XBL was always charged but the stuff MS introduced this gen is new

re tag

Not implying i want it, just saying that it would suit.

as well as crazy arse ranting motherfucker would to, because im sure thats what you all

legend166

I mean, seriously.

The most popular cricketers are the ones who can knock back the most beers.

'Teetotaler' is still used as a term of derision.

My generation loves Bob Hawke not for any political reason, but because he can skull a beer.

Ever major sport has huge alcohol sponsorship attached.

I have zero problem with people who drink in moderation, but you really don't know how much it's considered apart of Australian culture unless you're the person who has to defend themselves at every single work function/social gathering for drinking a coke instead of a beer. It's tiring, to be honest.

Dead Man

I mean, seriously.

The most popular cricketers are the ones who can knock back the most beers.

'Teetotaler' is still used as a term of derision.

My generation loves Bob Hawke not for any political reason, but because he can skull a beer.

Ever major sport has huge alcohol sponsorship attached.

I have zero problem with people who drink in moderation, but you really don't know how much it's considered apart of Australian culture unless you're the person who has to defend themselves at every single work function/social gathering for drinking a coke instead of a beer. It's tiring, to be honest.

I just punch those people in the mouth. That way I can have all the aggression of alcohol, without getting drunk! Win-win.

But yeah, everyone I know is a pretty massive drinker. Not really binge drinkers, but constantly drinking. I only drink once or twice a month, a couple of beers maybe, and it does get old answering the same questions.

Yagharek

Weekly exclusive trials were not last gen

Choc, you are debating an entirely different point in a whole other universe than the one we are in.

I said its silly that games cant be bought if you dont subscribe to PSN+.
You said Nintendo Premium will be the same.

1. NP is not a subscription service.
2. What XBL/PSN used to be like is completely irrelevant.
3. Cats have whiskers (which is as salient as anything you have mentioned so far).

If you insist on discussing the topic, please please please give a minute's thought so we have something coherent to discuss.

The game is exclusive to PSN+ for one week. It wasn't originally going to be out last week was it? Everyone else, including XBLA can buy it in 36 hours right?

Yagharek

The game is exclusive to PSN+ for one week. It wasn't originally going to be out last week was it? Everyone else, including XBLA can buy it in 36 hours right?

OK, and?

The game is on PSN+ now, at a discount of I dunno, $5 say. Why couldnt it also be on PSN regular at the full price of $15 or $20? Instead of making people get PSN+, it just irritates those who dont have it.

The game is still listed on PSN, only with a warning saying I need to be a psn+ member if I want to buy it.

Danoss

Hey guys, perhaps you can help Marsh and I out. We both want to make board game orders with Games Paradise, and they have announced they will hold a 30% off sale when they reach 1000 likes on Facebook. They are currently at 994, so that needs only 6 more. Anyone want to help out so we can stop waiting for this sale to start? Of course you get to participate in the sale too once they reach the level.

Awesome news. I want to pick up Fury of Dracula, but Games Parasite is the only one that has it showing as "in stock". I don't really want to give those jerks my money, but I don't have much choice. I'll be all over that when it happens, please give a heads-up when it does.

I'm less poor at the moment and will have a massive haul of new board games coming in very soon.

I only drink once or twice a month, a couple of beers maybe, and it does get old answering the same questions.

I don't drink even that much, and people just can't get it through their thick heads that not everyone wants to be pissed out of their skull. It really is tiring having to constantly justify not actively trying to destroy your Liver.

Choc

Banned
OK, and?

The game is on PSN+ now, at a discount of I dunno, $5 say. Why couldnt it also be on PSN regular at the full price of $15 or $20? Instead of making people get PSN+, it just irritates those who dont have it.

The game is still listed on PSN, only with a warning saying I need to be a psn+ member if I want to buy it.

is it only listed in the PSN Plus area?

Clipper

Awesome news. I want to pick up Fury of Dracula, but Games Parasite is the only one that has it showing as "in stock". I don't really want to give those jerks my money, but I don't have much choice. I'll be all over that when it happens, please give a heads-up when it does.

I'm less poor at the moment and will have a massive haul of new board games coming in very soon.

Well, it just hit 1,000 likes, so we just need to wait for them to notice and put up the code. I'll try to post when that happens, but I have a games night tonight, so we'll see...

I'm looking at picking up Arkham Horror and Mansions of Madness just to compliment the Elder Sign that just arrived, as it's probably the cheapest I'll be able to get them new for some time.

Rezbit

Was also thinking of getting this one at some point!

Rlan

Heeeey everybody!

So at work we do a thing each week for the game designers to get together and try to grow and become better at our job. Our thing this week is to make a super simple game in Flash and look at some stuff behind the scenes.

Another designer and I made this super quick game called Don't Touch The Level. It's short and rather challenging, and if you have time today I'd love for you guys to just quickly play through it. It's got zero art, it's a complete knockoff of another game and is super crap so whatever!

It's available here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97686246/Dont_Touch_The_Level.swf

Please let me know if you finish it. We need to get 20 people to play it and you guys are probably the best to use as guinea pigs! Don't take this game as how awesome a designer I can be please :p

Yagharek

Do you have the data to back this statement up?

I can confirm at least one incidence.

is it only listed in the PSN Plus area?

I dont know, I dont look there. I use the search function for PSN because its impossible to find anything beneath 38 sub-menus on a slow loading service. Especially when it's a game like JSR and PSN likes to categorise everything by genre. Pray tell which genre JSR falls into. Sport? Shooter? Strategy? Arcade? Simulation?

I got a whole lot of awesome for my $35 a year with PSN+, highly recommend. Probably won't bother with Xbox Gold when it runs out but I have gotten sooooo many hours of entertainment out of my $35.

I really only look at the PSN+ area and the reverse chronological order area.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nintendo Premium will suck, like everything online with Nintendo sucks. There will be exclusive mailbox stationary or something equally useless.

*buys deluxe package anyway*

Danoss

Well, it just hit 1,000 likes, so we just need to wait for them to notice and put up the code. I'll try to post when that happens, but I have a games night tonight, so we'll see...

I'm not putting in my order with Games Empire until tomorrow anyway, so I'll just put it in with Parasite then. No rush.

Was also thinking of getting this one at some point!

It's meant to be excellent. The fact the the Shut Up & Sit Down guys liked it in their review cemented it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom