• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Bayonetta 2 developer team details, from the OT:

Bayonetta-2-credits.jpg

Did some research...for those interested.

These are previous games worked on by these individuals.

Atsushi Inaba:RECodeVX/DMC1/VJ1/2/Okami/GodHand/MadWorld/Vanquish

Yusuke Hashimoto: RE3/Zero/Remake/4/DMC1/GodHand/Bayonetta

Mari Shimazaki: Okami/GodHand/Bayonetta

Yusuke Kan:RE3/Remake/4/DinoCrisis1/2/Onimusha/Okami/MadWorld/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Hirono Sato: MadWorld/Nights Journey(SEGA?)

Masami Imamura: Vanquish

Takaaki Yamaguchi: DMC1/Remake/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Hiroki Onishi: RE3/DMC1/2(Ouch!)/Vanquish

Koji Tanaka: Vanquish

Misaki Tsukamoto: (?)

Shuichiro Chiboshi: Vanquish

Kazunori Inoue: RE1/2/3/Remake/4/DMC1/GodHand/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Masami Ueda: RE1/2/3/DMC1/VJ1/2/Okami/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Daisuke Sakata: Okami/GodHand/Bayonetta/Vanquish

Hideki Kamiya: RE1/2/DMC1/VJ1/2/Okami/Bayonetta

Feel free to help fill in anything missing and/or correct any mistakes.

My god is that some pedigree or what.

I already whined that most of the team, Hirono Sato in particular, don't have the level of experience I would be happy with. At least Hashimoto was a producer on the last Bayonetta.

:(

EDIT: Ignoring Inaba in that comment as he is obviously awesome, hopefully he is running the show :)

Yagharek

I could understand it for tv shows, since tv studios and local channel distribution is a farce here, but why music?

Also, news and radio talking about expected protests in Melbourne over the weekend. Sms'es have been going around all day.

Oh wonderful. Hopefully the police nip that in the bud before it gets started. Maybe an unscheduled train service outage will happen to reduce numbers.

Also also, citizenship test tomorrow. :)

Good luck. Let us know what the questions are so we can add them to the AusGAF member survey. Maybe some of us will even fail it.

P.S If they ask, Jimmy Barnes was a chemical engineer and Christopher Skase was a humanitarian.

I already whined that most of the team, Hirono Sato in particular, don't have the level of experience I would be happy with. At least Hashimoto was a producer on the last Bayonetta.

:(

Talk about unattainable expectations. :/

Good luck. Let us know what the questions are so we can add them to the AusGAF member survey. Maybe some of us will even fail it.

Thanks. The question bank is available online and the questions are mostly basic general knowledge ones. Sample questions that I practiced were based on democracy, commonwealth, secularism, etc.

Salazar, always blazin'.

Good luck!

Also I pirate a hell of a lot of music just to try and have day one. If I like something I will 90% of the time track down a way to buy it. Can be fucking hard to give people my money though.
Bandcamp has really improved this though, best fucking music distribution method ever without a doubt. EVERYONE PUT YOUR SHIT UP ON THERE PLEASE!
Check out Double Dragon Neon soundtrack and the awesome third album from ambient artists The American Dollar which I both bought this week. DRM free, choice in format AND a price that makes sense!

Talk about unattainable expectations. :/
I was always going to complain to be honest!
I reaalllllllllllllllllllllllly wish they could have gotten Hiroshi Shibata and Masaaki Yamada back on deck though. That would have cemented me as, "Whelp, time to put my socks back on from whence they blew off to. Also schedule work off for my blown mind."

Shaneus

Guys, find me a way to download/watch Conan episodes. There's some DNS site that tricks some sites into streaming, but it doesn't work for teamcoco.com. And VPN data ain't cheap, so I'd rather not have to pay an extra data fee on top of my broadband. And I can't find any via BT or Usenet :(

My nephew is 3 years old and he knows how to buy and download apps from the store. His dad linked his credit card and my nephew kept on buying paid apps, final total was close to $700 when his dad put a password.
Prepaid cards. Bam.

so you guys are saying the fact you can't buy a beer with your lunch and in general you have to make an effort to go out and go to a specific place to drink doesn't mean that you over consume because you can't freely get it usually?

It's not a stretch of the imagination to think that it contributes
Nope. I think the way in which alcohol was treated by your parents when you were young has a far larger role in the way you perceive and manage it when you are older than the availability of it.

The last time I had a drink was probably last year. I've been in multiple situations where I could have chosen to drink but don't really see the need. I definitely don't feel compelled to get megahammered by overcompensating just because I have to jump through hoops in order to procure alcohol.

What we're dealing with is a long surviving cultural perception of over-consumption that bestows a title of "A Bloody Awesome Ripper Night!" to an evening of drinking. We're dealing with a culture that once had a Prime Minister that believed that any employer that would fire a staff member for not turning up to work in order to drink and celebrate the winning of the America's Cup to be a "bloody bum." That's the sort of mindset that needs to be broken. Restricting or loosening of the current drinking laws is not going to fix it, either.

So no, I don't agree with your claim at all. I think it's got more to do with a people that are not raised with a respect for alcohol and in a belief of responsible consumption. Based upon your presumption, anyone that gets a hold of illegal drugs will take them to the point of death, given how how they are to get a hold of.

XBL has always locked out demos as timed exclusives, but Ive never seen them lock out a purchase altogether from silver live.
You're very correct in that XBL does not refuse their customer's money by locking out content for a period of time. In fact, XBL makes you pay them a yearly subscription fee to access Netflix and (soon) Internet Explorer. They is smart am win generation.

Also also, citizenship test tomorrow. :)
All the best to you.

Yagharek

OK, I dont understand Borderlands. Never played it, yet it seems popular for some reason unknown to me.

Is it a single player game? Multiplayer only? An fps alternative to Diablo?

Guys, find me a way to download/watch Conan episodes. There's some DNS site that tricks some sites into streaming, but it doesn't work for teamcoco.com. And VPN data ain't cheap, so I'd rather not have to pay an extra data fee on top of my broadband. And I can't find any via BT or Usenet :(

Prepaid cards. Bam.

Like current eps?

Mmm. I spoke too soon. I will have marking and potentially a thing where I have to "sell" the UQ postgrad experience.

Which will be weird.

As in giving a speech? Or will you be up on the UQ billboards :O Man, postgrad seems like it involves doing a lot of favours for the uni. Or at least, a lot of stuff not directly related to your study.

OK, I dont understand Borderlands. Never played it, yet it seems popular for some reason unknown to me.

Is it a single player game? Multiplayer only? An fps alternative to Diablo?

You answered your own question?

Single, co-op up to 4 players. Get this if you're into cell shading, fps that require a bit of skill, loot drops, customizable weapons, and last but not the least, good fuckin' fun.

So glad this didn't exist when I applied for citizenship. Good luck!

So..they just let you in?

gl deathjr

Good luck!

All the best to you.

Thanks guys. When I pass maybe you can invite me to the ausgaf meetup :p

midonnay

I think I had to do an english test or somefing..... but was only a kid >_>

oh yeah, they had a points system..... hard to remember :/

edit: eh that was for getting in the door....not citizenship

My Dad was here for ten years (or is it 20? Probably 20 going by how old I am) and he just became a citizen all of a sudden. Never had to do a test.

Obviously he was dating/married an Australian though.

Yeah, I was living here for 20 years on a permanent resident visa before hand so maybe the rules are different for that. Seems silly of them in retrospect ;)

Ah alright. So in those 20 years you never felt like opting for citizenship?

I think I had to do an english test or somefing..... but was only a kid >_>

English test (IELTS) has to be given for 1) student visa, and 2) permanent residency.

Dead Man

Ah alright. So in those 20 years you never felt like opting for citizenship?

Never really thought about it until it came time to vote. Then I wanted it. I moved here when I was 2 and had a permanent residency visa since my dad was Australian. That got me everything except voting pretty much. Stupid immigration arseholes at the airport questioned me every time I arrived back in Australia though since apparently the class I had was rare. Wankers.

In my day I think it was 2 years PR before you can become a citizen....but 20 years if you're a collingwood fan >__>

God damn it!

Location of PAX Australia gets revealed tomorrow! HYYYYYYPE

Rlan I'll have a go of your game tonight!

The #1 iPad game in Australian iTunes charts last night was Run Fatty Run. Can someone please manufacture some outrage about this?

I can. Mr Stark can go fuck himself.

Kirby102

Heeeey everybody!

So at work we do a thing each week for the game designers to get together and try to grow and become better at our job. Our thing this week is to make a super simple game in Flash and look at some stuff behind the scenes.

Another designer and I made this super quick game called Don't Touch The Level. It's short and rather challenging, and if you have time today I'd love for you guys to just quickly play through it. It's got zero art, it's a complete knockoff of another game and is super crap so whatever!

It's available here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97686246/Dont_Touch_The_Level.swf

Please let me know if you finish it. We need to get 20 people to play it and you guys are probably the best to use as guinea pigs! Don't take this game as how awesome a designer I can be please :p
I gave this a go, because I liked Kuru Kuru Kururin. (that other game it was inspired by)

Time: 315.4sec (I stopped for a bit because it was sorta frustrating too.)
NOIQT.png

edit: And it gets interesting when there is a TAS for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmR2APCidM

NOIQT.png
I didn't get to the end, and too found it frustrating for some reason. I think because it was punishingly difficult and there was no way to correct if you were doing something wrong, and not a lot of feedback when things went wrong...

...we're so spoiled nowadays.

Shaneus

You know, I absolutely fucking love our (as in, gaming/NeoGAF/F1) community sometimes. We've gone from a proper F1 2012 |OT| with pictures and information and everything, to this:

Also, did everyone know that the Rock Band store has a sale on? Might be worth it for people who still play it (or have played/enjoed Blitz... of which I am not one). Have to say, I'm a little tempted.
http://www.rockband.com/content-assets/2012/09/RBDLCsaleGraphic.pdf
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/80083

Or was it here I saw that listed? Probably :/

Should edit your post
You know, a warning/clue like that about Holy's post would've saved me two fucking weeks in solitary.

Rlan

I gave this a go, because I liked Kuru Kuru Kururin. (that other game it was inspired by)

NOIQT.png

edit: And it gets interesting when there is a TAS for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmR2APCidM

Haha, nice to see :p

The intent is to see how you play and then reflect on it in our weekly designer meetup. particularly on difficulty. Turns out this might have been an outlet for the other designers as well as me to make something bullshit hard.

Also I made all the levels today and quickly, if we could do this better it'd be way more like Kuru. Only goal was to make a puzzle game with 7 levels and ramping difficulty -- I seem to have ramped it up too fast :p

Shaneus

Christ, i'm glad I don't cover racing games. I freely acknowledge that I don't know shit about them.
Which explains why there are so many good reviews of F1 2012. If those people knew about racing games, they wouldn't rate it so highly. It'd be like me reviewing a shitty RPG and giving it 10/10 because of pretty graphics.

Edit: Wait, that's the game it's based off of? I have to find it somehow. I could see myself getting crazy hooked on it.

im pissed
all that talk about borderlands 2 being fixed and its the same old pile of shit but worse now.
the menus are fucking slanty like the gallery on my galaxy s1
WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SLANTED ITS STILL 2D I CANT MOVE TO THE SIDE TO SEE IT BETTER WHAT THE FUCK UI DEVS I HATE YOU ALL
anyway that out of the way im also not a fan of the art style and ui changes in torch 2
suffice to say im disapointed.
bad ui for no good reason and simple fixes is also in the top 5 things i hate i bet i could make the best ui ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom