• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

I got a whole lot of awesome for my $35 a year with PSN+, highly recommend. Probably won't bother with Xbox Gold when it runs out but I have gotten sooooo many hours of entertainment out of my $35.

I really only look at the PSN+ area and the reverse chronological order area.

What are you left with the day your sub expires?

Danoss

Looking at those board game prices, 30% off brings many of them down to the everyday prices of Games Empire. They really are a horrible company.

Edit: Their twitter feed is hilariously bad. One screw-up after another. Deliveries not made when promised, store closing early, etc.

Clipper

Yeah, I agree their prices are horrible, Danoss, but with free shipping and the 30% off, I'll be saving nearly $50 on this order compared to Games Empire and Milsims. It's also less than the price I can get from Amazon, given the weight of the games in question, and the fact that Amazon won't ship one of the things I want to Australia...

Fredescu

Gina is all bourgeois, obviously I'm on the opposite side of the fence with that quote. Smash the state! Seize the means of production! Pay for Playstation Plus!

Of course it is, it doesn't change the fact she's not likeable. And with a show full of characters I would happily see die, well there isn't much there for me. I can say for the most part it is well acted but if all I am doing is rooting to see everyone die, well I really can't say anything positive about the show. Maybe it helps if you're a patriotic American *shrugs*

How much of the show did you watch?

I hate all that shit on the mobile stores. The biggest grossing shit on android right now is like 3 pokies apps >_> fuck that shitttttt, should be illegal.

Also legend, 349 for a galaxy nexus http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/samsung-galaxy-nexus/ its a google phone so its already got 4.1 and should always, at least for a few years, get the newest android updates. Its only drawback imo is no expandable sd.

Pokie apps. Hadn't heard of them before, I assume it's proper gambling?

Make alcohol cheaper! $8.50 for one standard vodka cruiser just ain't right man.

Drink beer, from the tap. With that said a mate drinks scotch, $12.50 a bottle the other night.

hahah oh wow sony, what a bunch of muppets.

Jet Set Radio on PSN. Can't buy it unless youre a PS+ subscriber. I've heard of exclusive demos, but exclusive sales? My my my.

Anyone in AusGAF work for sony au? Sort it out.

I wish I hadnt purchased it.

What if you want to keep some of them?
I would buy them rather than paying $35 a year for a service.

If I want to keep a movie I will buy a blu ray at a higher cost. If I Want to just experience it in the present time I will rent it for a lower cost.

I continue with the service based on the offerings, while they are good I will renew, if they don't interest me I will cancel.

Autoupdates are nice though.

Danoss

Yeah, I agree their prices are horrible, Danoss, but with free shipping and the 30% off, I'll be saving nearly $50 on this order compared to Games Empire and Milsims. It's also less than the price I can get from Amazon, given the weight of the games in question, and the fact that Amazon won't ship one of the things I want to Australia...

Milsims is another place I won't buy from. Calling them slow is a big understatement, and their customer service is severely lacking, verging on non-existent.

I'm looking at 8 games plus some card sleeves, and the shipping from Games Empire is $16 insured, and will arrive within 2 days, depending on when I order. The games I'm looking at work out to be the same at GP with the 30% discount. The only difference would be the cost of shipping, which is worth it, since I know Games Empire won't dick me around. I'd also rather give my money to a local store that is actually making an effort, rather than Amazon, which aren't, and Games Paradise is a distributor to the other stores and screws them over when possible.

Fury of Dracula would be a good deal though, and they claim to have stock. We'll see what happens.

Clipper

The board games sale will drop sometime tomorrow. They just made this post to say so.

Milsims is another place I won't buy from. Calling them slow is a big understatement, and their customer service is severely lacking, verging on non-existent.

I'm looking at 8 games plus some card sleeves, and the shipping from Games Empire is $16 insured, and will arrive within 2 days, depending on when I order. The games I'm looking at work out to be the same at GP with the 30% discount. The only difference would be the cost of shipping, which is worth it, since I know Games Empire won't dick me around. I'd also rather give my money to a local store that is actually making an effort, rather than Amazon, which aren't, and Games Paradise is a distributor to the other stores and screws them over when possible.

Fury of Dracula would be a good deal though, and they claim to have stock. We'll see what happens.
Yeah, I can agree with all of that. I've had two orders severely messed up by Games Paradise in the past and had pretty much sworn off them, but $50 off is just too tempting to resist...

Dead Man

So am I the only one who sees bizarro-world Schwarzenegger screaming on Mars?

6FM63.png

Reptile said it was a subscription only service (akin to renting) at the top of this page. Just going by his words.

So I guess I'll ask again and hopefully get an accurate answer.

What are you left with after the sub expires?
You are left with ANYTHING you buy. I was reffering to all the free shit you get!

In regards to your concern it is no different to XBL Gold where games bought with Gold exclusive discounts are still available to you when your premium service lapses.

PSN+ also gives you free games every month which you can't play unless you resubscribe at some point.

Check out the website if you don't understand.

Danoss

The board games sale will drop sometime tomorrow. They just made this post to say so.

I wonder what the * will be for.

Yeah, I can agree with all of that. I've had two orders severely messed up by Games Paradise in the past and had pretty much sworn off them, but $50 off is just too tempting to resist...

I'm expecting some horrible service, since the sale is likely to give them an increased volume of purchases in one go. They can't even handle the regular volume of sales without issues. They're the only ones claiming stock of Fury of Dracula, so I'll push my luck.

This board game sale makes me want to play board games.

Someone suggest me some two player games to buy during this board game sale. I think Omi liked Agricola?

Just remembered Omi is banned... someone remind me to ask in IRC tomorrow

So am I the only one who sees bizarro-world Schwarzenegger screaming on Mars?
Before you mentioned it, yes. Now you've mentioned it, no.

The entire season, the ending was also very predictable.

And the terrorist leader is obviously not very smart if he only came up with that plan right at the end...(trying not to give anything away)

I'll agree with the predictable bit. Still enjoyed it though.

Danoss

Someone suggest me some two player games to buy during this board game sale..
  • Summoner Wars Master Set (GP Shop) - Easy to learn, hard to master card battle game. It's not collectible and comes with different decks to play with in the box. Awesome game that'll have you hooked in no time. Review at 24:30.
  • Memoir '44 (GP Shop) - An easy to learn tactical game that recreates battles of WWII and is very fun and exciting to play. Review at 15:02.
  • 1960: The Making of a President (GP Shop) OR Twilight Struggle (GP Shop) are made by the same designer. The latter came first and becomes deeper as you know what cards are in the game, what they do and how to counter them. The former is the newer of the two, works much the same and is a bit more friendly to newer players, though it plays much the same each time you play it, unlike Twilight Struggle, its predecessor. 1960 review.
  • A Few Acres of Snow (GP Shop) - Review says it better than I could, and also because I haven't played it yet, but I want to.
The reviews are awesome and I recommend watching them, even if you care little for the game. They're presented in a very entertaining way and are far from the usual dry drivel you'd find elsewhere.

I think the first 2 games mentioned are a great place to start, and the last 2 are better for more experienced board gamers. Don't want to scare off any potential players with anything too overwhelming.

I've also heard good things about Castles of Burgundy, which I'm considering picking up. It's meant to be fantastic as a 2 player game, which I have heard from numerous sources. The latest review.

Gazunta

Location of PAX Australia gets revealed tomorrow! HYYYYYYPE

Rlan I'll have a go of your game tonight!

The #1 iPad game in Australian iTunes charts last night was Run Fatty Run. Can someone please manufacture some outrage about this?

Dead Man

Once the creature stays in bed I'll give it a run Rlan. He was up from 6am yesterday until 8:30pm yesterday, without a nap, and STILL spent an hour and a half breaking out of his room :(

Hamchan why do you spell words like realise the american way
Because the z looks stupid most times.

This board game sale makes me want to play board games.
That train game and the one with the petrie dishes seem acclaimed in some fashion.

ALSO I REQUIRE CHARTS OF HOW MUCH AUSGAF TALKS PLZ

The #1 iPad game in Australian iTunes charts last night was Run Fatty Run. Can someone please manufacture some outrage about this?
Probably freemium. DEATH TO EVIL FREEMIUM! I DON"T WANT TO HAVE TO PARENT OR GIVE MY KID MORE THAN ONE GAME TO PLAY!

Choc

Banned
the iphone 5 according to fox news (apparently this is legit)

9O8FP.png

uFXaM.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6668cxupH98

I don't think PAX will be in perth. Because they had a game show there a few years ago even with Kojima and it failed because no one including media wanted to travel from the east coast, even with kojipro! :|

also

i hope this means they have a venue because if they are announcing a state and working backwards, that makes it hard. Sometimes venue has to dictate the state, especially when its a large event. I've been in this position before.

PixelJunk 3 way livestream is amazing

Heeeey everybody!

So at work we do a thing each week for the game designers to get together and try to grow and become better at our job. Our thing this week is to make a super simple game in Flash and look at some stuff behind the scenes.

Another designer and I made this super quick game called Don't Touch The Level. It's short and rather challenging, and if you have time today I'd love for you guys to just quickly play through it. It's got zero art, it's a complete knockoff of another game and is super crap so whatever!

It's available here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97686246/Dont_Touch_The_Level.swf

Please let me know if you finish it. We need to get 20 people to play it and you guys are probably the best to use as guinea pigs! Don't take this game as how awesome a designer I can be please :p
Controls weren't precise enough for me to get too far :/

Choc

Banned
Not that it affects me, but channel 7 are a disgrace. They are not showing the swans semi final on the main channel, only on mate

disgraceful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom