• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SLANTED ITS STILL 2D I CANT MOVE TO THE SIDE TO SEE IT BETTER WHAT THE FUCK UI DEVS I HATE YOU ALL

I would suspect that the tilted gimmick is to impress the guys with 3D TVs/PCs. Having said that, they really should have an option to set the viewing angle to your own preference, perhaps.

If you say trains are running on schedule at 7am after fixing a track fault, and then they still miss the next 3 services. Trains are not running on schedule in any sense of the word.

I should have stayed in bed.

If you say trains are running on schedule at 7am after fixing a track fault, and then they still miss the next 3 services. Trains are not running on schedule in any sense of the word.

I should have stayed in bed.

Thaaaat's Australia. What annoys me more is when the bus is parked right near the bus stop, and you can see it, but it still stays there and doesn't leave until 5 - 10 minutes after it should. I mean, I know bus drivers near a break but come on!

On another note, anyone who has an Xbox and doesn't get mark of the ninja is missing out big time.

Thaaaat's Australia. What annoys me more is when the bus is parked right near the bus stop, and you can see it, but it still stays there and doesn't leave until 5 - 10 minutes after it should. I mean, I know bus drivers near a break but come on!

I know delays happen, i just wish they were vaguely accurate with their updates.

Yeah busses are the worst, could have gotten one, but would have been even later to work.

Pro Tip: never spend more than a dollar on a game, ever, in case it ever goes on sale, ever.
Don't mind paying more for games just feel like a chump when I buy them and then see them ultra cheap before I even get around to playing them.

Speaking of buying games and never playing them, anyone who hasn't already bought it yet interested in a Torchlight 2 4-pack? Need two more.

Rlan

The #1 iPad game in Australian iTunes charts last night was Run Fatty Run. Can someone please manufacture some outrage about this?

It's made by Jason Stark and his missus. His recent game credits include “Happy Feet 2″, “Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’hoole” and “Viva Piñata: Party Animals”, Mr. "I designed those games" ;)

Choc

Banned
Liberal shithead Cory Bernardi says legalising gay marriage could lead to marriage equality for bestiality. Seriously, just blow up the Senate.

Don't you just love parliamentary privilege being abused. Say that on the street and you will get arrested and also drawn before the discrimination courts.

LNP abuses PP to much

I thought he'd already bought one and had found enough people!
;)

It's made by Jason Stark and his missus. His recent game credits include “Happy Feet 2″, “Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’hoole” and “Viva Piñata: Party Animals”, Mr. "I designed those games" ;)

Gaz is just salty he didn't think of it first! I assume the game is a remake of the Run Fatboy Run movie but with Serrels in place of Pegg.

Did anyone else get a 30 page magazine from Dick Smith saying how he's relaunching Dick Smith foods and how all the other brands are shit and multiculturalism and immigration will kill Australia?

The guy sure loves to hate globalization.

Choc

Banned
Did anyone else get a 30 page magazine from Dick Smith saying how he's relaunching Dick Smith foods and how all the other brands are shit and multiculturalism and immigration will kill Australia?

The guy sure loves to hate globalization.

He is worried that there will be a food shortage in the world due to the rate of population increase and if all food in australia is foreign owned, we will be left without

he is probably right

Clipper

Test done in 3 minutes, 95%.

Congrats! Now, make sure you remember the words to the anthem for your ceremony... Including the second verse...
As I suspect very few of us in AusGAF actually do know the second verse, so it'd be nice to have more.

Yagharek

Isn't that the same thing in Australia? =P

Not entirely. There is a strong subset of highly parochial antagonism in domestic forms and between codes.

Also apparently we are the only nation on earth that believes in a fair go, mateship and equality if you inhale the vapours enough.

Ventron

So at PAX Prime, I had a sketchbook to collect signatures from game developers.

Not just signatures, but sketches, specifically sketches of dragons. (hey, they're universally known, open to interpretation, and awesome! I got this idea because I wanted something more than scribbles)

I have dragon sketches from Notch, Zeboyd, John Romero and next up is Tim Schafer when I next have access to the scanner in my apartment's computer room.

http://ventnordatum.com/category/draw-me-a-dragon/

(I contacted Kotaku because it seemed like a neat random story right up their alley but I guess they're not interested :( )

Choc

Banned

Not just signatures, but sketches, specifically sketches of dragons. (hey, they're universally known, open to interpretation, and awesome! I got this idea because I wanted something more than scribbles)

I have dragon sketches from Notch, Zeboyd, John Romero and next up is Tim Schafer when I next have access to the scanner in my apartment's computer room.

(I contacted Kotaku because it seemed like a neat random story right up their alley but I guess they're not interested :( )

i am sure Serrels would be interested. Tweet him @serrels

MrSerrels

Hey dude -- I did not see this! I'll chuck in on Kotaku for sure, if you're cool with that?

Ventron

Hey dude -- I did not see this! I'll chuck in on Kotaku for sure, if you're cool with that?

Yes, sure!
(World Kotaku or just Aus? Wouldn't mind it appearing on kotaku.com :) )

EDIT: Anyone else in AusGAF who edits a site and wants to link up/use the images/ask me for more details, feel free.

Rugby League Live 2 out Oct 11th

misses grand final

That is beyond ridiculous. Surely they could spend another six months working on stuff and launch it for the 2013 season. That's what other sports games do. No one is going to buy a rugby league game in the middle of cricket season

Choc

Banned
pretty much what i said.

Knowing what i know about how generally HES has handled RL in the past, it might be a case they have to have it out this year

(i believe for the first NRL game they took out a massive bank loan to pay for development and shipping. Big risk that paid off in spades though. Could be in the same boat on this release)

MrSerrels

Yes, sure!
(World Kotaku or just Aus? Wouldn't mind it appearing on kotaku.com :) )

EDIT: Anyone else in AusGAF who owns a site and wants to link up/use the images/ask me for more details, feel free.

World Kotaku usually picks up a bunch of these cool things if I post it. Do you have the Schafer one yet? That'll make it even more awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom