• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventron

can't find it :(

*insert jeff gerstmann/ryan davis awesome cash gif*

thats in response to serrels/ventron

If you mean the Tim Schafer picture, it's because I haven't written a post about it yet. I PMed Serrels a link to the image.

You edit a site, IIRC? Are you interested in this story? Do you want the Tim Schafer dragy?

Choc

Banned
If you mean the Tim Schafer picture, it's because I haven't written a post about it yet. I PMed Serrels a link to the image.

You edit a site, IIRC? Are you interested in this story? Do you want the Tim Schafer dragy?

no no :) its all serrels, i tweeted him about it.

and i meant in response to how awesome this went down and how quick, just a stupid animated gif i find all over gaf with those 2 guys showing tons of cashing saying AWESOME

It's now your right to turn up to work drunk, to drive drunk, to skip work because you're hungover. Also sickies.

I won't be a citizen until the ceremony, so have to wait another month or so. Also, I can skip work any time I want (like I'm doing today). :p

That's Unstrayan to do that well.

What did the questions look like? Patriotic rubbish or sports history?

Neither. Year of fleet landing, flag colors, elections, equal rights, etc etc. Can't believe they give you 45 minutes for these 20 questions.

KFC hygiene is really pathetic. Just walk into the footscray store and you will be greeted by the smell of rubbish, flies and trash on the floor.

I won't be a citizen until the ceremony, so have to wait another month or so. Also, I can skip work any time I want (like I'm doing today). :p

Neither. Year of fleet landing, flag colors, elections, equal rights, etc etc. Can't believe they give you 45 minutes for these 20 questions.

Surprise, the test was actually not studying, skipping the test, conning a doctor and getting a medical certificate explaining your absence.

Danoss

Games Paradise code is 'FB1K' for '30% off'.

I put stuff in the cart, added the code and it's not 30% off, unless every calculator I own is broken. By the looks of it, the shipping isn't free, since the '30% off' is rounded down $12 so I end up paying for it anyway. Nice work, slimy pricks.

Choc

Banned
ABC News ‏@abcnews
Turnbull: I suppose Senator #Bernardi is entitled to say what he likes but the fact is his views are extreme

Turnbull comes out and slams comments before Tony does.

Trouble in LNP paradise

also, lol yes

375865_4281623411100_1072615047_n.jpg

D: holy crap, salmonella can give you brain damage?!?! I'm never eating kfc again. That said, other than the sewerage pipe bursting last week our hygiene records are impeccable.

So, blessed with the first free afternoon in a loooong time, should I finally start researching my assignment, unlock borderlands or dota it up?
Answer: probably just post on gaf.

Turnbull was very precise with his words on radio today. Condemned strongly. Playing his cards really well. I will be disapointed if he doesn't take a shot at the big boy seat.

Also 1.1TB of UseNet for $40. I use these guys and was getting full speeds on ADSL2+, currently around 600KB/s on my lowly ADSL1 :(

Choc

Banned
So who's ready for a new PS3?

edit: sorry :( didnt realise no one else had posted. This thread don't move anywhere near as fast as football gaf

Choc

Banned
ABC News ‏@abcnews
Abbott: I had a conversation with Senator #Bernardi ... he offered his resignation and I have accepted his resignation

:O, Senator gone

ABC News ‏@abcnews
Abbott: I am also determined that the Coalition will maintain our proud record of nondiscrimination.

wait what

Jintor

ABC News ‏@abcnews
Abbott: I had a conversation with Senator #Bernardi ... he offered his resignation and I have accepted his resignation

:O, Senator gone

ABC News ‏@abcnews
Abbott: I am also determined that the Coalition will maintain our proud record of nondiscrimination.

wait what

holy shit, actual consequences for bullshit statements

midonnay

what he resigned?

surely the hard line conservatives has said worse.... guess they need a story to distract from the polls.

You work at KFC? How about adding some chicken in the popcorn chicken? :p

could say the same thing about asian kfc....

some of the scrawniest chicken I've seen :/

Danoss

Just added Pandemic to the cart tentatively so I could add a few things to see what I was going to spend.

Ah, they seem to be having a few problems. Just add a bunch of stuff and then calculate the percentage off, that's what I did when mathing it out last night. If your order ends up like mine, their calculations will be rather different. I emailed them about it, so I'll see what they do about it (I'll assume they'll do nothing at all).

Let me know what you end up grabbing, I'm genuinely interested.

midonnay

oh....he resigned as parliamentary secretary.... >_>

that is something I guess.

probably will be back in the fold if they win the election. Like how Troy Buswell is treasurer in WA again after the chair sniffing shenanigans.

Let me know what you end up grabbing, I'm genuinely interested.
I watched all the reviews you posted, and Memoir '44 seems like the most enjoyable of them to me... and of course the style is the one the wife is least likely to enjoy.

A Few Acres of Snow seemed the least enjoyable of the bunch and the presidential one (forget the name) seemed like it could be enjoyable with the right players but also seemed like you'd be reaching for the rules far too often as it seemed overly complicated.

Summoner Wars did seems as though it'd be quite enjoyable as well.

I like the co-op idea of Pandemic, is it OK with two players though really?

Hey Choc, still going to Tokyo this week? If so, go here and report back for me.

Clipper

Games Paradise code is 'FB1K' for '30% off'.

I put stuff in the cart, added the code and it's not 30% off, unless every calculator I own is broken. By the looks of it, the shipping isn't free, since the '30% off' is rounded down $12 so I end up paying for it anyway. Nice work, slimy pricks.
Shipping is only free if your final order is $125 or more after the 30% is taken off. That's pretty much how every company handles these types of sales...

I also got bitten by splitting my order into 2 separate orders. Used the reward points from the first to partially pay the second, as I was ordering over twice the free shipping cap anyway. Turns out the second time you use the code, you only get 20% off.

In the end, I only lose about $5 for my experiment, so I'm not going to bother trying to game the system any further and I'll take it as a slap on the wrist.

Alrighty then!

You have to be logged in to use the code. Log in (register if necessary) and then add the code and you can browse while adding stuff.

Choc

Banned
Tony should sack him from the party if he wants real traction out of this mess. Just shows he is a softy

edit: Vince, ABC twitter wrong

So who's ready for a new PS3?

edit: sorry :( didnt realise no one else had posted. This thread don't move anywhere near as fast as football gaf

I don't think anyone actually cares choc. Double post away. We have to get to AusGAF VIII: Adrian's Revenge Part 2 somehow

Why would I need a medical certificate?

To prove you were sick and couldn't make it to the exam. Even though you weren't sick. These are all things that should be on the exam

Danoss

I watched all the reviews you posted, and Memoir '44 seems like the most enjoyable of them to me... and of course the style is the one the wife is least likely to enjoy.

Always the way isn't it?

A Few Acres of Snow seemed the least enjoyable of the bunch and the presidential one (forget the name) seemed like it could be enjoyable with the right players but also seemed like you'd be reaching for the rules far too often as it seemed overly complicated.

A Few Acres of Snow is kind of like Dominion with the deckbuilding part, so it actually wouldn't be too bad at all. It'll seem daunting at first, but won't take too long to get the hang of it. I ordered it. 1960: The Making of a President is all card driven and so flows rather easily, though it is a beginners Twilight Struggle, which is heavier on the rules. Even if you don't buy or play it, at least you got to see and laugh at Quinns trying to pick the pencil up from the board.

Summoner Wars did seems as though it'd be quite enjoyable as well.

Yeah, I think you'd like it. The Master Set is great value, since you have a bunch of races to play with, and a nice board to go with them too. If you don't want to spend that much, you can go for a skirmish pack like the Phoenix Elves vs Tundra Orcs for $35 - 30%

I like the co-op idea of Pandemic, is it OK with two players though really?.

I'm not completely sure since I haven'd done that, but I don't think it would go as well with only 2 roles on the table. If both players took 2 roles each, then I think it'd probably play okay, since it would work mechanically like a 4 player game.

Don't forget The Castles of Burgundy. It looks great, and very wife-friendly from what I've heard. I ordered this one too.

Shipping is only free if your final order is $125 or more after the 30% is taken off. That's pretty much how every company handles these types of sales...

Give me some credit man, I can read.

6nc8R.png

Tell me how I've gone wrong here, please. I think I see a $11.98 difference in what 30% off amounts to.

You have to be logged in to use the code.

I wasn't logged in and it worked, not mathematically correct, but it worked. A number of other people are having similar problems.

Clipper

Give me some credit man, I can read.

6nc8R.png

Tell me how I've gone wrong here, please. I think I see a $11.98 difference in what 30% off amounts to.
Yes, you didn't get the full 30% off there. My guess is that one of the products in your order was Games Workshop or something else not included in the sale, perhaps because it was already on sale for a different price. Was any individual product or combination of products worth about $39.93 in your order?

I wasn't logged in and it worked, not mathematically correct, but it worked. A number of other people are having similar problems.
Oh, I only got that error when I wasn't logged in, and logging in fixed it up, so I made that assumption. Weird that the code only sometimes works then...

Danoss

Yes, you didn't get the full 30% off there. My guess is that one of the products in your order was Games Workshop or something else not included in the sale. Was any individual product worth about $17 in your order?

Nope, don't play Warhammer, and I don't play Magic. The only thing that's close in my order is 'Chaos in the Old World'. It's a Fantasy Flight game that uses the Warhammer license, which doesn't count. Even if that was counted, 30% off that game is $26.86, so it's still wrong. I would have bought it from Games Empire for $64 instead of $62 including the 30% off from Games Paradise if they want to be jerks about it.

Their conditions are: must be in stock, no Games Workshop, no Magic, no pre-orders. I haven't broken any of these.

Just got an email from them as I typed this.

Games Paradise said:
Hi Danoss,

It seems Mundus Novus was not discounted.
I will have accounts refund this back to you manually.

There it is.

Clipper

Hmm, Danoss, they posted this to the Facebook page a short while ago:

Seems like there is a bug not registering the sale code on games whic were once on sale. We are trying to fix this problem now but if you have placed an order and the discount was not applied, shoot us an email and we can work around this bug!

So yeah, you can probably get it fixed, maybe.

Oh, you already did it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom