• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is worth the price of an entire new Wii + game. Only scrubs disagree.

RRP won't last until Christmas time. Never does.

Also glad that WiiU RRP didn't hold up and JB are doing a great deal already.

JB is doing a deal?

So I checked the Sony TGS thread, read the summary and skipped to the last page. There was so much pessimism and gloom that I had to scroll up to check I hadn't accidentally clicked on a Nintendo thread.

Also, my memory is probably playing tricks on me, but did Sony just raise the price of the PS3 in Japan?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is worth the price of an entire new Wii + game. Only scrubs disagree.

SMG2 is worth $100, should it be that expensive though? Really? No.

And Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are in my Top 5 favourite games ever.

My recommendation with the Wii U right now is to preorder and chuck $50 somewhere close to as a backup. More and more deals will be released for it as we get closer to the launch.

It always happens.

Whats the JB deal? I can't see anything on their site.

edit: Yes I can:

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/nint...tm_campaign=JB-AU-20120606-Wii-U-Range-Banner

That bonus starter pack is laaaame.

No that's no deal... :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My recommendation with the Wii U right now is to preorder and chuck $50 somewhere close to as a backup. More and more deals will be released for it as we get closer to the launch.

Yeah, I'm thinking of pre-ordering the system at my usual JB outright, and putting ~$50 on it or whatever. I'll be getting it at launch anyway, but if a better deal comes along I can pre-order elsewhere, and just shift my system original system order to a game or something. Win win.

VOOK

Yeah, I'm thinking of pre-ordering the system at my usual JB outright, and putting ~$50 on it or whatever. I'll be getting it at launch anyway, but if a better deal comes along I can pre-order elsewhere, and just shift my system original system order to a game or something. Win win.

Sounds like a good idea.

People are far too panicked about where to preorder. Unless we 'run out' of preorders and its announced you'll get one.

Even I'm preordering one just in case.

Ah, they seem to be having a few problems. Just add a bunch of stuff and then calculate the percentage off, that's what I did when mathing it out last night. If your order ends up like mine, their calculations will be rather different. I emailed them about it, so I'll see what they do about it (I'll assume they'll do nothing at all).

Let me know what you end up grabbing, I'm genuinely interested.

well as long as your genuine

midonnay

people were price matching 60 dollars off the sticker price of nexus 7s when supply is still scarce....

I don't think retail is doing too well :/

6nc8R.png

damn thats a lot of money for a guy who is already ment to have a lot of games.
what do you have and what was in that order?
I'm genuinely interested

I'm sorry, the smartarse volume is too high. I can't hear you.

haha thats ok. but maybe you should get a repair man in to check your speakers though, as i had the smartarse turned all the way down. :D

want all the promo from various retailer preorders on the PC BL2?

Unlimited Golden Keys and Additional Promotional Unlocks
Use Notepad to open up the WillowDLC.ini file located in the GAME FOLDER\DLC\POPremierClub\Lic folder. Edit the file similar to the following:
[GoldenKeys]
+SourceId=254
+NumKeys=99

...to get 99 golden keys.

[PromotionalUnlocks]
+UnlockId=1
+UnlockId=2
+UnlockId=3
+UnlockId=4

yep .....
oh willow.ini files. i had fun with you in the first game
looks like ill have fun with you in the 2nd.
how do those work for non us people anyway.
as far as i know eb was the only place with anything fancy
did they get all the fancy things?
not sure if i love or hate it. i spose i love this idea as long as i didnt pay extra for preordering

Yagharek

I remember regretting so hard not getting Metroid trilogy when it was cheap at Target. It disappeared from everywhere not long after. I ended up getting a used copy in decent condition months later.

I have two copies, one to play and one in case the other gets damaged inadvertently. It's impossible to find and incredible value, so easy to justify. Didnt pay more than $80 for either copy though (PAL)

The whole topic pretty much constitutes bait trolling, lol

So it's a Wario64 thread?

the OP probably should be banned as well for kicking off a thread like that lol

Eh, I kind of agree, only those kinds of threads have been going on for wii u/3ds for a year or two now, so it might be hard to draw the line. I agree its not conducive to good discussion, but maybe a collective vent needs to happen from time to time, IngSoc style.

The only game Ive played that comes close to SMG2 for value this gen (aside from Metroid Triology) is Orange Box. One Mario Galaxy is worth 5 Valve games or 3 Retro games.

So I checked the Sony TGS thread, read the summary and skipped to the last page. There was so much pessimism and gloom that I had to scroll up to check I hadn't accidentally clicked on a Nintendo thread.

Also, my memory is probably playing tricks on me, but did Sony just raise the price of the PS3 in Japan?

It's pretty ominous to think what PS4 might cost given PS3 is still at a touch under 30,000 Yen. They must have bled money with R&D for Cell and blue diodes for bluray lasers.

SMG2 is worth $100, should it be that expensive though? Really? No.

And Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are in my Top 5 favourite games ever.

Same here. SMG2 was my favourite game of all time until Skyward Sword.

It always happens.

I'd agree that if youre likely to get one, pop down $50 so long as they price match and/or let you cancel if you change your mind. Can't hurt, and then you don't have to worry about missing out if you end up really wanting one.

I've paid mine off entirely though, but trading in a 360 slim a few months back netted me $300 credit for the console alone. Hard to pass up.

I have no choice locally. It is either EB, Targé or Harvey's Ten Percent Import Normalisation Scheme. EB staff are pretty good (though one said they were surprised Wii U was popular for only their second console). I have nothing to really price match against, so I have to grin and bear it.

EB are advertising Wii U games at $108..??!?

You of all people should know by now that this is just their standard placeholder pricing.

My knowledge of string theory is sorely lacking.

String theorists' knowledge of observational astronomy is sorely lacking, hence why a single supernova observation was enough to send them back to the drawing board.

Yagharek

Fredescu

So my new work computer's CPU fan is loud as a jet plane, it looks to be a default one for an AMD Phenom II X6... what can I buy to cool it better and quieter?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=207_23_312

I was looking there but have no idea.
Is it a full size tower? A lot of work pcs are the little desktops, in which case you'd need a low profile one like this (or even smaller, measure before buying) : http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_312&products_id=14686

Otherwise the Hyper 212 is a pretty popular full size option: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_312&products_id=18670

Those will be quieter than your OEM heatsink. If you're really fussy, you could look at a Noctua instead.

VOOK

Is it a full size tower? A lot of work pcs are the little desktops, in which case you'd need a low profile one like this (or even smaller, measure before buying) : http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_312&products_id=14686

Otherwise the Hyper 212 is a pretty popular full size option: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_312&products_id=18670

Those will be quieter than your OEM heatsink. If you're really fussy, you could look at a Noctua instead.

Na it's a fullsize Cooler Master tower. It's pretty good apart from being loud.

I had a look at the one there now and it looks very similar though, that has more pipes though. I unflicked the clip that sticks it down though and can't get it back on .-.

VOOK

markot

Banned
Wait what, they are putting up the price of the PS3 >_<?

Hey... thats a good business move.

I can certainly tell that Sony is a strong company going from strength to strength!

Whats that? Substantial losses? incompetence? Choc?!@

Fredescu

Don't forget to make sure it comes with thermal paste/compound. They do 80% of the time, but I've read of a lot of people getting caught out and having to buy that later on.

Yagharek

Wait what, they are putting up the price of the PS3 >_<?

Hey... thats a good business move.

I can certainly tell that Sony is a strong company going from strength to strength!

Whats that? Substantial losses? incompetence? Choc?!@

I'm sure we'd get a triple post spectacular if apple raised prices >.>

markot

Banned
You know what? Fuck conservative politicians. Wasn't Gillard supposed to be all for it as well?

I just... there are no words. Fuck them all.

haha, no, she isnt for it cause she doesnt want to look like a flip flopper. Or she is stupid.

Anyway, my local member voted nay, and so did the leader and potential leader of the government, so its greeeeeen for me.

Oakshott is a surprise. Apart from his tendency to talk alot, he seems pretty decent.

Shorten voted in favour >.< I feel conflicted.

Theyre just kicking the can down the road, they know its inevitable, but they dont want to lose votes over it. Leadership in other words.

EatChildren

You know what? Fuck conservative politicians. Wasn't Gillard supposed to be all for it as well?

I just... there are no words. Fuck them all.

Wrong. Homosexual marriage will ruin the Australian way of life. Like foreigners.

Yagharek

haha, no, she isnt for it cause she doesnt want to look like a flip flopper. Or she is stupid.

Anyway, my local member voted nay, and so did the leader and potential leader of the government, so its greeeeeen for me.

Oakshott is a surprise. Apart from his tendency to talk alot, he seems pretty decent.

Oakshott won me over as a decent human being today. Not that I had any enmity about him, but his reasoning was solid. He has a wife who is indigenous, and made the observation that this marriage would have been illegal not that long ago. To him, that is as absurd as gay people not having the same right. And all credit to him for making the logical connection.

Unfortunately, for many of the conservatives like bernardi, there is a big stumbling block that makes them hurrr durrrr durrrr their way through debate, and I suspect the christian lobby is to blame.

EatChildren

Can you imagine a foreigner homosexual marriage. Omg I need to watch some ACA to calm down.

Cohsae

Fuck I hate being in my parent's house when anything political is happening.
It's been about a month straight (well longer really) of "something something that ugly bitch Gillard something something".
The peak was quite recent though.
"This arsehole Oakeshot just voted for gay marriage! Who does he think he is, as if we don't have enough problems in this country with all these muslim bastards blah blah".
#Lifeinacountrytown

Just got to make it to the end of the year without going insane, and then I move back out.

Yagharek

I hope every single GLBTI person in Australia votes Green next time around. And every family member who supports them and their basic human rights. I'd hate to be one of them right now though, as today must be a massive kick in the guts to those who feel like theyve just been told they're inferior by a bunch of right wing fucknuts.

I'm never voting for the libs again. They should be forced to change their name to the Christian Conservative Party and Malcolm Turnbull.

edit: pro tip, dont watch the film Milk today. It will make you fucking angry if you havent seen it. Although it should be mandatory viewing for every politician who voted no today.

Wasn't Gillard supposed to be all for it as well?

I'm sure there's a lot of things she was for before she started towing the party line.

We need a proper mainstream left party in Australia. Even as the big one, the Greens numbers are pretty minor; if they were a bit more moderate with some of their environmental stuff they could maybe be less niche. Fuck this right/slightly less right dynamic of the big two.

Yagharek

I'm sure there's a lot of things she was for before she started towing the party line.

We need a proper mainstream left party in Australia. Even as the big one, the Greens numbers are pretty minor; if they were a bit more moderate with some of their environmental stuff they could maybe be less niche. Fuck this right/slightly less right dynamic of the big two.

At this stage, the left faction of labor should split and join the greens. That will moderate the green party, but still keep the progressive social policies kicking along. Going by some of the names that voted yes today, there would be a lot of qualified people in there.

Rlan

This pretty much sums up the stupidity of the party system at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMR_Oo5hTEQ

Turnbull is clearly all for Pro Marriage for gay and lesbian couples, but his party doesn't allow him to actually do what HE thinks is right. What's the point of being a member of parliment if you can't do what you think is the right way to go? The party system seems so broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom