• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the treasurer of the QUT Young Liberals (EPIC) sucker punched the campaign manager of the opposition party and now she's in hospital with a minor concussion

Young Liberals...

Most places accept apps for people who graduated like 3 years ago, not more though, so you could look into that. At least you're in the industry with experience, so it shouldn't be too hard to move around to something you like.

Left it slightly too long. Might look into postgrad.

So the treasurer of the QUT Young Liberals (EPIC) sucker punched the campaign manager of the opposition party and now she's in hospital with a minor concussion

Young Liberals...

Classy stuff.

Is he in a cell?

I assumed its a girl. If it was a guy punching a girl all hell would be breaking loose.

Dead Man

Clipper

LBP Vita is out?

Bah, have to wait till next week for the US release...

Hmm, I was contemplating getting that JB deal for the Vita, LBP download, Fifa and a few accessories for $300, but you just perhaps made me realise that plan is potentially flawed. I'd be locked into the Aussie store for all future digital purchases that way, right?

Dude send Brisbane Times or someone an email letting them know. I haven't seen shit about it online. And if it doesn't get coverage it won't be remembered if the dude does go into politics

Rahk

Hmm, I was contemplating getting that JB deal for the Vita, LBP download, Fifa and a few accessories for $300, but you just perhaps made me realise that plan is potentially flawed. I'd be locked into the Aussie store for all future digital purchases that way, right?
Your account doesn't get locked to the Vita so you can safely switch between stores, although you have to run through the set up process/intro movie every time which takes about 2 minutes or so. Also with the new update you need multiple memory cards for each store if you don't want to backup/format it every time.

You could use the 4GB card for LBP and the Australian store, then get a larger card for the US store if you want to use that primarily. Take in mind how long it takes to switch between accounts if you intend to play LBP frequently though. Also, LBP trophies would be tied to your AU account if that's important to you.

Clipper

Given that recent Abbott news about him punching the wall during his early days, this could easily blow up very quickly, I would think.

You could use the 4GB card for LBP and the Australian store, then get a larger card for the US store if you want to use that primarily. Take in mind how long it takes to switch between accounts if you intend to play LBP frequently though. Also, LBP trophies would be tied to your AU account if that's important to you.

Yeah, both of those things would be really troubling for me... I guess I'll wait for an even better deal.

MEDIA RELEASE Thursday 20 September

Female student physically assaulted by LNP affiliated ‘Epic’ ticket at QUT

Police were called to respond to allegations of assault at QUT Kelvin Grove just after 9am on Thursday. An ‘Epic’ candidate for the Student Guild elections allegedly punched a young female student in the back of her head.
The young woman, Kat Henderson, was on campus to campaign for her ticket, ‘Stand Up’, in the elections. “I had my back turned and next thing I know I feel this blow to the back of my head, causing my head to bounce forward against a metal stair pole. All I could feel was this acute pain as things went dizzy all around me,” Miss Henderson said.
The accused is Wayne Wang, the candidate for Guild Treasurer on the LNP affiliated ‘Epic’ ticket. Around eight students spoke to the police, having witnessed Wang run up to Miss Henderson, king-­‐ hitting her from behind.
“I saw Wayne run towards Kat, then her head go down. It was like nothing I’ve seen before on campus,” said Maddison Nunn, a student onlooker.
Despite the presence of police and campus security, Wang was allowed to continue campaigning in the elections. The Returning Officer, Col Miflin, refused to disqualify or discipline him. Mr. Miflin is a direct employee of the Student Guild, which is currently under the administration of ‘Epic’.
Earlier in the week Wang had threatened to “f**king bash” another male student on another opposition ticket, which was reported to the election’s Returning Officer, with no action taken. After the attack Wang approached another female campaigner on the Stand Up ticket, Jessica Bonnily who claims he told her, “Watch out, you’re next.”
Henderson suffered concussion and tissue damage to her left eye.
Campaigners of ‘Stand Up’ and ‘Unicorn Warriors’ have allegedly been subjected to ongoing bullying and intimidation from Young LNP representatives. Presidential Candidate for ‘Unicorn Warriors’, Reuben Foster, said that he was approached by the Queensland President of the Young Liberal National Party on Tuesday.
“Ben Riley came up to our campaign tent on Tuesday afternoon, accusing me of creating a slanderous website and threatening repercussions. I’ve also had the President of UQ Union, Rohan Watt, follow me around campus and making empty threats,” said Mr. Foster.
‘Unicorn Warriors’ also claim that ‘Epic’ have posted slanderous comments on social media using fake Facebook accounts.

:(

Dead Man

That is fucked up, but what the hell is going on when a student party runs the election?

Despite the presence of police and campus security, Wang was allowed to continue campaigning in the elections. The Returning Officer, Col Miflin, refused to disqualify or discipline him. Mr. Miflin is a direct employee of the Student Guild, which is currently under the administration of ‘Epic’.

Receive text from Optus saying my iPhone 5 can be picked up in-store today.

Go into Optus store to pick up phone, phone never arrived and won't until next week. Quality service.

jambo

Receive text from Optus saying my iPhone 5 can be picked up in-store today.

Go into Optus store to pick up phone, phone never arrived and won't until next week. Quality service.

I had a similar experience with my 4, there seems to be a weird disconnect between the franchise stores and the main company.

That is fucked up, but what the hell is going on when a student party runs the election?

WyUfW.png

What the hell is going on in general

This seems to be causing problems at a lot of universities huh. If the union won't disqualify him maybe the uni should just expel him. Running around assaulting girls unprovoked is probably grounds for action. How could he have possibly thought this was a good idea?

Deeku

I swear the weather report last night said it was gonna be 27 and mostly sunny today, but it's like coldish and rainy...

Imma on mah way jint!

This seems to be causing problems at a lot of universities huh. If the union won't disqualify him maybe the uni should just expel him. Running around assaulting girls unprovoked is probably grounds for action. How could he have possibly thought this was a good idea?

Been hearing the guy is a real class act, threatening people on facebook, posting letters to peoples houses threatening them, demanding people move their campaign tents because it's too close to theirs, making fake facebook accounts to flame others ect.

Then he made a few threats in person which followed with him punching a random campaigner.

Dead Man

Been hearing the guy is a real class act, threatening people on facebook, posting letters to peoples houses threatening them, demanding people move their campaign tents because it's too close to theirs, making fake facebook accounts to flame others ect.

Then he made a few threats in person which followed with him punching a random campaigner.

What a winner. Probably our future PM :(

Yagharek

Oh. I guess it's academic then.

So is the victim pressing charges? Surely there are enough witnesses without vested corrupt interests

Shaneus

Gots my 3D glasses today. New Thumbs, Mizuguchi talk last night, 3D glasses, found Eden on PS3 was 3D... tonight's gonna be fucking awesome.

Now if I can work out whether there's some way to make everything my PC outputs via HDMI into a 3D-compatible thingy, I'll be cruising.

Glad we didn't have any political shit at Deakin. The major campaigning was for which club could get you the drunkest and the only political person I met was a young Labor guy who was a damn fine drinker. He's got my vote once he hits the big time!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wii U pre-ordered. It is so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom