• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Mumford & Sons album is godtier. Amazing record, leagues above their last.

Probably by releasing more Pixeljunk games.

Q Entertainment however, will be destitute.
>_<
Stupid mobile typing. I meant Entertainment but my fingers were lazy :(

They make reallllllly different games, although both studios are awesome (and Japanese!).

Thanks to the wonders of all-grain homebrew I have two slabs worth of weissbier sitting in my fermenter (likely bottling this weekend). Total cost? Under $30.
ADDRESS PLEASE

Considering Cory Bernardi is (was?) the Senator for SA...
Is.

midonnay

^^^^^^ happy birthday.....goddamnit >_<

hopefully adelaide don't make it.... would be the biggest thrashing since port adelaide.

Yeah, that's what I thought. His stepping down as a parlimentary secretary was an empty gesture.

not only that ....it was the second time round....

same thing happened when Malcolm turnbull was leader.

Yeah, that's what I thought. His stepping down as a parlimentary secretary was an empty gesture.

Abbott only acted because of the radio interview in the morning that stoked the fire that had been partially written off as both "not by Labor so not so bad" and "probably a crazy religious nutjob". 2 strikes in 2 days and you get taken out of the big boy chair to sit with the low IQ kids who won't ever hold a high school certificate at the back of the room.

Some super lofi indie game is free at GMG today. Chuck it into your account and it will be worth $8 towards a Firaxis XCOM pre-order between now and 1st of October. Game Page is here, deal details are here.

But I don't think that gets me the mad preorder bonuses on steam. Booo!
Game is Steamworks so GMG basically provide you with 2 Steam keys.

$70 on Steam with the Elite Soldier Pack DLC and TF2 items
$37 on GMG with the Elite Soldier Pack DLC

You might get a copy of vanilla Civ5 on Steam, if they meet the pre-order benchmark.

I already have $3.50 worth of random free games in my GMG so it will bring it down to $33.50

Shaneus

Best hottest 100 album disc. Go. Im voting hottest 100 4 disc 2
Okay, I'll bite.

Hottest 100 #3, disc 1.

Purple Sneakers
Rock and Roll is Where I Hide
(He'll Never Be An) Ol' Man River
Last Goodbye
Apartment (by Custard)

And bonus points for the second disc, because it has Up To Our Necks In It by Skunkhour.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Okay, I'll bite.

Hottest 100 #3, disc 1.

Purple Sneakers
Rock and Roll is Where I Hide
(He'll Never Be An) Ol' Man River
Last Goodbye
Apartment (by Custard)

And bonus points for the second disc, because it has Up To Our Necks In It by Skunkhour.
wonderwall and blubber boy too.

damn good choice

Jintor

L4D2 is like three times as difficult on xbox because of controller deficiancies

me and my friends did a 3 hour run of dead centre, killing 5000 zombies. 31 restarts.

Shaneus

While briefly on the topic of Australian music, here's a fun fact: Russell Hopkinson, drummer for You Am I occasionally moonlighted as a reviewer for Hyper in the early-mid 90s. I don't recall ever seeing more than maybe five or six reviews from him (if that), but I remember enjoying reading them. Spun me out to find later on it was the same dude.

While briefly on the topic of Australian music, here's a fun fact: Russell Hopkinson, drummer for You Am I occasionally moonlighted as a reviewer for Hyper in the early-mid 90s. I don't recall ever seeing more than maybe five or six reviews from him (if that), but I remember enjoying reading them. Spun me out to find later on it was the same dude.

Wow. That's kinda crazy. You recall what he reviewed, out of curiosity?

I can't remember exact reviews, but I'm fairly certain it was around the PS1 / Saturn era, so there's every chance they were on those platforms.

At the same time you also had Eliot Fish of Big Heavy Stuff reviewing (and as Editor for a while). Along with that, some of the reviewers were also working at or had worked for Rolling Stones Australia, so there was a real connection to the music scene back in those days.

Choc

Banned
CHEER CHEER THE RED AND THE WHITE HONOR THE NAME BY DAY AND BY NIGHT LIFT THAT NOBLE BANNER HIGH SHAKE DOWN THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY WHAT THOUGH THE ODDS BE GREAT OR SMALL SWANS WILL GO IN AND WIN OVERALL WHILST OUR LOYAL SONS ARE MARCHING ONWARDS TO VICTORY

weeeeeeee

as was pointed out to me last night. Sydney team won a melbourne sport, melbourne team won a sydney sport last night

lulz

Shaneus

Honestly couldn't tell you, but I recall he was a Sega fan and preferred the Mega Drive, but I'd struggle to think of anything specific. If I had to guess around *when* he wrote for them, I'd say it was within the first year of the magazine (when Stuart Clarke and Andrew Humphries worked there).

I suspect it stemmed from a featurette they did in around issue 4 or 5 about Australian music and they interviewed a few bands (You Am I, Caligula... one or two others, I think). Memory's very sketchy though, obviously... this is almost 20 years ago!

I can't remember exact reviews, but I'm fairly certain it was around the PS1 / Saturn era, so there's every chance they were on those platforms.

At the same time you also had Eliot Fish of Big Heavy Stuff reviewing (and as Editor for a while). Along with that, some of the reviewers were also working at or had worked for Rolling Stones Australia, so there was a real connection to the music scene back in those days.
You're probably right... though I thought it was earlier than that. Oh well, I'm sure it was somewhere in-between!

Jintor

Honestly couldn't tell you, but I recall he was a Sega fan and preferred the Mega Drive, but I'd struggle to think of anything specific. If I had to guess around *when* he wrote for them, I'd say it was within the first year of the magazine (when Stuart Clarke and Andrew Humphries worked there).

Maybe I'll go dig it out of the archives next time I pop in.

Choc

Banned
moto_0000_location-1-2.jpeg

lol

Yagharek

God, siri trying to make sense of those maps would be fucking useless.

"Siri, how do I get to 221B Baker St?"

"Download google maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom