• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Oh god

lumines

just

lumines

motherfucker deek what have you done to me
:D

yeah definitely try out Sound Shapes!

Beautiful day, perfect wedding weather. Good thing I have a wedding to go to.

it's gonna be sooooooo borrrrrrrring!!!!!!

Depressed women looking for comfort in a man + alcohol = win for you!

Every wedding I've been to has had an almost nigh-100% single women free percentage :( And now all my friends are married :( :( :(

Yagharek

So I think I might have a problem with either the ps3, the tv or a hdmi cable.

PS3 picture keeps dropping out and tv responds as if no video signal is present, for about 2-3 seconds then it returns. Some days it happens a few times in the space of maybe 10-30 minutes, other days it doesnt happen at all.

Step 1, switched over to another hdmi cable, at least this one is sony brand rather than generic (might be a loose connection so going with another one lying around to test it out - not dumb enough to drop >$20 on a digital cable btw).

So i guess if this doesnt work then next step is to switch the port the cable connects to on the tv.
If the problem persists then its either the tv or the ps3.

I have another ps3 (fatty) to test so fingers crossed its just the cable.

Dead Man

i see we hvae no billy idol fans in here

He is dead to me.

220px-BillyIdolCyberpunk.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AusGAF, I need some tech input on the purchase of a HDMI to HDMI + audio mini converter.

Long and short of it, I'm not sure how long my big LCD is going to last. It could last months, years more than it already has, but it's been repaired ~three times already and I'm not confident in its stability. When it dies, I don't know how long it will take me to grab a new one, but I'd rather not be without PS3/WiiU action.

Thus the solution in such a situation would be to plug my system into my PC monitor. Problem: my monitor has no speakers, thus I'd be getting all video, no audio.

So I need a device that separates the audio from a HDMI digital signal, while keeping the signal intact. That way I can plug the consoles into my PC monitor, and use a pair of headphones for audio.

The above is what I'm thinking of buying. Any potential problems?

Shaneus

Let's just agree that we're probably both wrong.
For you to say that, you must at least think of yourself as being wrong. As I don't agree, I must be the only one who is right.

I win!

Oh god

lumines

just

lumines

motherfucker deek what have you done to me
Don't do this to me. Lumines is the only game I want a Vita for (and maybe Wipeout, but nowhere near as much).

Fuck, I wish I knew where the charger was for my original PSP. Could go some handheld Lumines :/

legend166

:D

yeah definitely try out Sound Shapes!

Beautiful day, perfect wedding weather. Good thing I have a wedding to go to.

it's gonna be sooooooo borrrrrrrring!!!!!!

:O

I went to a wedding today too.

In other news, we got Grand Final tickets. But travel is looking to be so expensive we might just sell them.

Kritz

Banned
Ive found myself at something called an "alcohol party", which sounded a lot cooler before I realised it was actually just a Tupperware party with flavoured spirits.

For you to say that, you must at least think of yourself as being wrong. As I don't agree, I must be the only one who is right.

I win!
We were both right. You were more right. For the benefit of no one, apart from a sense of nostalgia (and also yourself and DarthHomer), here is an unknown-as-to-how-incomplete list of reviews that he did for Hyper:

F-117 Nightstorm (Megadrive)
Dragon's Fury 2 (Megadrive)
Super Street Fighter 2 (Megadrive & SNES)
Mortal Kombat 2 (Megadrive & SNES)
Battlecorps (Mega CD)
Earthworm Jim (Megadrive)
Sonic & Knuckles (Megadrive)
NHL Hockey 95 (Megadrive)
Donkey Kong (Super Gameboy)
Urban Stike (Megadrive)
Sparkster (Megadrive)
Road Rash (3DO)
Clayfighter (Megadrive)
Wing Commander (Mega CD)
La Russa Baseball 95 (Megadrive)
Nigel Mansell's Indycar Series (SNES)
Mickey Mania (SNES)
Shaq Fu (Megadrive & SNES)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (SNES)
NBA Live 95 (Megadrive)
Battletech (Megadrive)
ESPN Baseball Tonight (SNES)
Rock 'n Roll Racing (Megadrive)
Capt'n Havok (Megadrive)
Zero Tolerance (Megadrive)
Mr Nutz (Megadrive)
Second Samurai (Megadrive)
Red Zone (Megadrive)
Ren & Stimpy: Time Warp (SNES)
Virtua Racer Deluxe (32X)
The Punisher (Megadrive)
Kawasaki Superbike Challenge (Megadrive)
Samurai Showdown (Megadrive)
Quarantine (3DO)
Alien Soldier (Megadrive)
Judge Dredd (Megadrive & SNES)
Seal of the Pharaoh (3DO)
MegaMan Mega World (Megadrive)
Vectorman (Megadrive)
NHL 96 (Megadrive & SNES)
Spacehulk (3DO)
Bladeforce (3DO)
Shockwave 2 (3DO)
Phantasy Star IV (Megadrive)
Foes of Ali (3DO)
Doom (3DO)
Pitball (Playstation)
Sim Golf (PC)
Total NBA 97 (Playstation)

He was on the magazine for much longer than I thought. It was at least 3 or 4 years that he contributed.

The bigger question I have about the reviewers during the early days of Hyper is:

Who was Stretch Armstrong?

Ive found myself at something called an "alcohol party", which sounded a lot cooler before I realised it was actually just a Tupperware party with flavoured spirits.
Is it 'brand name' booze or just cheap shitty crap that people will buy on impulse because they're already partly drunk?

Kritz

Banned
Is it 'brand name' booze or just cheap shitty crap that people will buy on impulse because they're already partly drunk?

The second one. I'm the only guy here, so the girls are already drunk and spending 100s of dollars on schnapps and other things.

I feel kinda gross being here. Might bounce and go play border lands 2.

Edit: "so" wasn't the greatest joining word I could have chosen...
Edit2: my iPhone convinced me there was no such word as "schnapps", but I ain't no bitch

Danoss

Sam Burgess penalised for leading with the legs to prevent a tackle, resulting in a possible 8-point try. Nothing in it really.

Billy Slater does it every week, in a dangerous way and nothing happens. Ever.

Fuck Billy Slater forever.

The big oh two today. First day of summer, fucking fantastic weather! Considering how great it was the park was a lot emptier than expected so we got a spot undercover with tables. Starter up at 2pm so we had nibbles and left the bbq for dinner, sushi handrolls went over well with the kids! Lucky bugger got tons of toys considering he had all of his current ones removed due to not-listening-to-his-parents syndrome yesterday, including a swing set, training bike AND a ride on front end loader!

He was a good host. Ended up spending a lot of time under the fort play equipment digging barricades with friends and eventually just running his own kitchen serving dirt cakes, which he seemed very proud of.

He spent a fair amount of time watching In The Night Garden on my best mates phone though. At the park. In the sand. The other kids gathered around for a while too. 0_o

My Dad has also learnt how to not burn everything fleshy on a bbq so the steak turned out great! Just gave it a simple paprika and mixed herbs rub. YUM. Relaxing with a steak salad sanga with a Stella now. So fucking tired.

Had a final round of Aberlour with Dad and my best mate. They were very impressed. Thanks again AusGAF!

I hear that Rayman Legends is 360/PS3 bound! Scratch one title to get on the WiiU bandwagon.

Die Hard AND Con Air on at the same time? So much manly awesome it is ompossible to contain!
tumblr_m2nag7kf5t1rozti5o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m267vhQqY91qca7qso1_400.gif

PS3 picture keeps dropping out and tv responds as if no video signal is present, for about 2-3 seconds then it returns. Some days it happens a few times in the space of maybe 10-30 minutes, other days it doesnt happen at all.

Step 1, switched over to another hdmi cable, at least this one is sony brand rather than generic (might be a loose connection so going with another one lying around to test it out - not dumb enough to drop >$20 on a digital cable btw).

So i guess if this doesnt work then next step is to switch the port the cable connects to on the tv.
If the problem persists then its either the tv or the ps3.

I have another ps3 (fatty) to test so fingers crossed its just the cable.
I've got a shitty issue where I couldn't get my PS3 to output through HDMI, turned out my HDMI box on the TV is a bit fucked and I can only use 1 out of 2 sockets at any time. Doesn't matter which one but it can only handle one, so the PS3 is up through HDMI and the 360 is component now.

Could be your TV, try plugging the PS3 into someone else's.

Don't do this to me. Lumines is the only game I want a Vita for (and maybe Wipeout, but nowhere near as much).

Fuck, I wish I knew where the charger was for my original PSP. Could go some handheld Lumines :/
JUST BUY A FUCKING VITA ALREADY! I EVEN FOUND YOU AN AWESOME DEAL AT JB!

JUST DO IT! TM!

Shopping help:

How/when/where should I get my PC copy of Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 ?
I hear that FIFA 12 shits all over it. You should buy that

(sorry, Konami don't have a deal with GMG (or even know what digital distribution is aside from PSN/Steam I bet))

In other news, we got Grand Final tickets. But travel is looking to be so expensive we might just sell them.
Don't be one of those guys, you will regret not going unless something MAJORLY clashes with it!

Encourage me to finish my comic in time to get it printed for Supanova, AusGAF! You're my only hope!
If this Supanova is in Melbourne I will buy a copy! Maybe!

Salazar

I hear that FIFA 12 shits all over it. You should buy that

(sorry, Konami don't have a deal with GMG (or even know what digital distribution is aside from PSN/Steam I bet))

Naw, PES is my thing.

I can't actually see any PC digital distribution options anywhere. Got to grab a box from somewhere, seems like.

Happy birthday, son of Rep!
The second one. I'm the only guy here, so the girls are already drunk and spending 100s of dollars on schnapps and other things.

I feel kinda gross being here. Might bounce and go play border lands 2.

Edit: "so" wasn't the greatest joining word I could have chosen...
Edit2: my iPhone convinced me there was no such word as "schnapps", but I ain't no bitch
Whaaaat. That sounds fun as! you are crazy.
Brisbane :)

Congrats on your boy's birthday! :) He looked happy as Larry.
finish it! I will drag crazed along with me provided it doesn't clash horribly with my exams. Tempted to cosplay again =/

This dude tonight was eating a chicken drumstick while he ordered, and then he puts it down on the counter to take out his wallet. Just as I'm thinking "faaarrk I'm going to have to pick that up" it's right back in his mouth again. :s yuck.

commissar

AusGAF, I need some tech input on the purchase of a HDMI to HDMI + audio mini converter.

Long and short of it, I'm not sure how long my big LCD is going to last. It could last months, years more than it already has, but it's been repaired ~three times already and I'm not confident in its stability. When it dies, I don't know how long it will take me to grab a new one, but I'd rather not be without PS3/WiiU action.

Thus the solution in such a situation would be to plug my system into my PC monitor. Problem: my monitor has no speakers, thus I'd be getting all video, no audio.

So I need a device that separates the audio from a HDMI digital signal, while keeping the signal intact. That way I can plug the consoles into my PC monitor, and use a pair of headphones for audio.

The above is what I'm thinking of buying. Any potential problems?
You can always go for an HDMI to DVI adapter (comes free with most video cards these days, so ask a friend!) and the standard RCA (PS2 A/V) cable that came with your PS3 for stereo audio. You can even use RCA to 3.5mm if you need those plugs instead.

Would be fine for that setup, though it depends on whether or not the Wii U does RCA audio. I can't profess to have followed the Wii U close enough to know about that sorry.

Or get your adaptor.

Or just play PC games. Like Torchlight 2.

Torchlight 2 is really good by the way.

Salazar

This dude tonight was eating a chicken drumstick while he ordered, and then he puts it down on the counter to take out his wallet. Just as I'm thinking "faaarrk I'm going to have to pick that up" it's right back in his mouth again. :s yuck.

Fast food outlet where the staff are the ones with relatively human standards of hygiene.

Bizarre.

PC Borderlands 2 for $19.50. (OOPS SOLD OUT)

i got tagged lol

Congratulations, it's perfect.

God, siri trying to make sense of those maps would be fucking useless.

"Siri, how do I get to 221B Baker St?"

"Download google maps"

Oh man you cracked me up. :)

HDMI cable to blame, mine did the same thing some time ago (cheap one I got off ebay).

Deeku

:O

I went to a wedding today too.
:OO

Doubt it was the same one though lol

It was alright, food at reception was surprisingly good!!

lol I thought the story would be he tried to pay you in drumsticks!

Clipper

So I thought I'd do a late night check of the news before bed and found this story as one of news.com.au's top stories.

Apparently Tony Abbott has pledged his support to their "Real Heroes Walk Away" campaign to stop "sucker punches" and so on. I thought from the title that it might be addressing the QUT Young Liberals issue, but it isn't even mentioned. It's actually referring to a campaign that stems from the recent Kings Cross violence.

It's all just such weird timing when you factor in Abbott's punching the wall scandal as well...

Fogz

Maybe remove the link as it is bannable to link to Russian key resellers, even if it is unlikely to be a big issue for users but the game could be pulled from your account if Take2 complain to Steam.

Weren't they restricting Russian players with only being able to play with other Russian players as well?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You can always go for an HDMI to DVI adapter (comes free with most video cards these days, so ask a friend!) and the standard RCA (PS2 A/V) cable that came with your PS3 for stereo audio. You can even use RCA to 3.5mm if you need those plugs instead.

Would be fine for that setup, though it depends on whether or not the Wii U does RCA audio. I can't profess to have followed the Wii U close enough to know about that sorry.

Or get your adaptor.

Or just play PC games. Like Torchlight 2.

Torchlight 2 is really good by the way.

I have a HDMI-to-DVI adapter (I need that to plug it into my HDMI-less monitor), so that's fine, and yeah I could use that solution for the PS3 but that screws me for the Wii U. I don't trust Nintendo to have a separate audio output option, no matter how logical it is. Plus, end of the day, it would be easier for me to pug in headphones directly than find my speaker set, plug in the speakers via RCA, then headphones into there.

I do most of my gaming on PC already, but I'd be tre pissy if my TV were to pack up when, say, Rising came out.

Weren't they restricting Russian players with only being able to play with other Russian players as well?

The Borderland 2 keys from that reseller though give you the option of an English or Russian version game though so it should technically function no different to a copy bought in the UK/US but obviously the combination of the key itself will still track back to a retail copy of the game from Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom