• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Neeway vince, I just thought it weird that you're so obstinant when it comes to licencing v buying but more relaxed when it comes to region locking.

I get tetchy when it comes to things that affect me like online passes and licensing bullshit especially when it interferes with me playing games I have (eg Final Fight PSN).

I made the mistake today of rationalising this one bad practice by asking myself 'how and when has region locking affected me recently' and I could only come up with a very small list of games. Obviously in the past this was not the case, as most Square games in PS1 days never came out here.

Some people seem to have taken that to mean I condone region locking. I don't support it at all, I just dont suffer from it.

Oh man, Final Fight and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 were such fucking bullshit I stopped buying CAPCPOM shit for a long time.

Link please.

Here.
adsfhfqri.png

I wasnt defending region locking at all. I simply stated how historically, it hasn't personally affected me all that much in a very long time.

Seriously people, reading comprehension please.

When you're responding to posts complaining about region locking with stuff like "well did you buy this and that?" or "how much does region locking affect you, really?" it's not unreasonable for people to infer some kind of "it's not really a problem, you're just complaining for the sake of it" message, especially on somewhere like GAF where people pull that kind of shit all the time.

Perhaps the problem is less with people's comprehension and more with your composition.

Deeku

Oh re region locking: yeah I think I was affected in the ps2/gc era since I didn't know about modding and swap discs and what not. These days not so much since PS3/Vita/PSP/DS is region free, and I have multiple 3ds's. Only thing is some Japan only wii games since I can't be bothered homebrewing, but ehh whatevs.

Seriously, how hard is it to provide a tax invoice? I just want to know how much money I have paid you since the start of the financial year and how much you think I should pay you to provide the service of looking after my child for one day a week. I understand that maybe you don't know much about book keeping or economics or the concept of exchanging money for goods and/or services but I will not accept a fucking projected statement that changes values every time you give me one.

You are working for a day care, not being burped feed and arsewiped by said day care. Provide me with a damn bit of paper that says what I paid you along with what you charge for a day along with how many friggin times he has been there! I just gave you the magical equation! I won't even charge for it! I can't keep throwing money at you without knowing what it is for!

Alright. Time for another scotch and mudcupcake.

Yagharek

When you're responding to posts complaining about region locking with stuff like "well did you buy this and that?" or "how much does region locking affect you, really?" it's not unreasonable for people to infer some kind of "it's not really a problem, you're just complaining for the sake of it" message, especially on somewhere like GAF where people pull that kind of shit all the time.

Perhaps the problem is less with people's comprehension and more with your composition.

This is how I phrased it:

How much does region locking affect you jintor? Serious question. How often have you been screwed over by not being able to buy a game you want in recent years? And did those games ever come out here, or did you import a system to get around it?

Pretty sure that is crystal clear.

I am literally asking him how it impacted him. Not saying that it didnt or that it wasnt important. When I asked, I was genuinely interested in the answer.

The problem clearly lies with the reader, and I suspect its because you/they are looking for some invective that simply is not there.

Danoss

Seeing Neverender being treated like a leper with his recent iPhone purchase makes me feel pretty good about my Galaxy Nexus order today.

Choc

Banned
Seriously, how hard is it to provide a tax invoice? I just want to know how much money I have paid you since the start of the financial year and how much you think I should pay you to provide the service of looking after my child for one day a week. I understand that maybe you don't know much about book keeping or economics or the concept of exchanging money for goods and/or services but I will not accept a fucking projected statement that changes values every time you give me one.

You are working for a day care, not being burped feed and arsewiped by said day care. Provide me with a damn bit of paper that says what I paid you along with what you charge for a day along with how many friggin times he has been there! I just gave you the magical equation! I won't even charge for it! I can't keep throwing money at you without knowing what it is for!

Alright. Time for another scotch and mudcupcake.

threaten to go to the ATO. A tax invoice must be produced when requested if it exceeds $10

that'll fix em.

threaten to go to the ATO. A tax invoice must be produced when requested if it exceeds $10

that'll fix em.

lol I know my rights but it just seems so silly for me to have to day to her, "you legally have to give me a bill for taking care of my child for the day". This town is an incredible microcosm to study. So many fuckwits operating in such a strange fashion unlike other communities to the point where corporations would look at them as if they were part of some strange cult of nonsense. Logic does not exist here, only personal opinions with a mindset localised upon the present and the very short future, like within 8 hours at most.

You work your arse off for weeks trying to give people business, lay it all out so they can just step into the work and make an honest living but they see something new, something other than the comfortable little rut they have dug for themselves as "not for me" as if keeping a stagnant existence inert is the secret to success!
And then a year down the track they realise that maybe this revenue stuff is pretty good at paying these silly things called bills that some outsiders keep sending them and ask why all of a sudden they can't have a look at that offer again. :/

If I didn't have a family to provide for, that takes up 80% of my time to generate and process income towards, I would love to just observe these creatures in their native surrounds, if only to document the insanity so future generations can see what kind of society to avoid if they wish to flourish and evolve.

Lies make baby Jesus cry.
Right! No reporters. Hmm, I guess he didn't see me >_>

Did you buy a 360, PS2, GC, XBox, Vita, 3DS or Wii?
Nope, I bought TWO!
Nope, parents.
Nope, first year uni crush/almost girlfriend/kinda girlfriend did (I think it was $50 on eBay back in 2005, brand new).
Nope, just played one of the many around campus.
Nope, price drop/library increase required.
Nope, library increase required.
Nope, best mate gave to me as all the dust was giving his cats asthma (and then I traded it in towards the aforementioned second 360).

Also it was a stupid question because he knows I have a 360 because I talk about videogames on here.

Shaneus

Like I said, what the hell is withfriendship.com!

Also I just remembered that the Star Control devs are still working on Skylanders rather than Star Control or a proper THPS classic.
Why? What? What brought that up? I knew already, but just curious. But hopefully, with the success of both Skylanders and something like FTL, we could get a proper sequel to Star Control 2. TFB could totally do it.

Why? What? What brought that up?

Me thinking of buying THPS HD on 360 as I really want cheevos in it to make me keep playing as the old formula is still great despite the fucking terrible job they did bringing it into HD. Then seeing what the last TH title was in the main series (Proving Ground back in 2007), noticing that there was a random Disney game in the grouping, which was made by Toys For Bob on the THPS4 engine. Probably a much better game than anything after THUG2

:(

Also lol at edit. Owned by Activision Shaneus. OWNED BY ACTIVISION. If you want Star Control 3 to have buy-as-you-go figurines that give you shit in game maybe.
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK THAT SOUNDS AWESOME I GOTTA EMAIL THIS TO ACTIVISION

Also lol at edit. Owned by Activision Shaneus. OWNED BY ACTIVISION. If you want Star Control 3 to have buy-as-you-go figurines that give you shit in game maybe.
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK THAT SOUNDS AWESOME I GOTTA EMAIL THIS TO ACTIVISION

Cancelled after the first wave of figures following poor sales of the software and initial run of toys.

Just checking for latent hypocrisy.

I'm not holding off on a WiiU because of the region locking.
I'm not buying because the Wii had a garbage lineup of games compared to most consoles recently.
I'm not buying because I haven't bought a console at launch since I was a teenager full of stupidity in my head that I neeeeeeeeeeeeed it right now rather than wait until it has some games that I can already get similar experiences for.
Region locking is just another stupid move that makes me less interested in paying full price when the most logical and intelligent decision is to wait until it has more than 3 interesting games available to have sit in my house and gather dust with the rest of my 360/PS3 games.

Yagharek

I'm not holding off on a WiiU because of the region locking.
I'm not buying because the Wii had a garbage lineup of games compared to most consoles recently.
I'm not buying because I haven't bought a console at launch since I was a teenager full of stupidity in my head that I neeeeeeeeeeeeed it right now rather than wait until it has some games that I can already get similar experiences for.
Region locking is just another stupid move that makes me less interested in paying full price when the most logical and intelligent decision is to wait until it has more than 3 interesting games available to have sit in my house and gather dust with the rest of my 360/PS3 games.

You could have simply said you dont like the games. Point is, you said words to the effect of "no sale" purely due to region locking.

Since apparently today is a day where all posts must be taken at face value only, I thought I would double check.

Choc

Banned
If you think we will get Bayonetta 2 the same day as US and Japan you are kidding yourself

have a look at beat box or whatever the fuck Nintendo Europe called it, like 6 months late

You could have simply said you dont like the games. Point is, you said words to the effect of "no sale" purely due to region locking.

Since apparently today is a day where all posts must be taken at face value only, I thought I would double check.

The No Sale comment was because as I have said multiple times in this thread, I am not in a position where Nintendo have convinced me to buy their console. With the latest confirmation that the console will be region locked I remain a No Sale.

If the news was, WiiU to be region free, my second line would have been something like, Urge to buy.... rising.

I felt a bit silly just posting, WiiU is region locked according to Famitsu, so I added my stance with the WiiU at this point in time.

I don't mind editing out my stance if it comes across as too opinionated next to the news.

Jintor

Head in hands... the 360 devkit has decided it doesn't like my wired internet connection anymore... and 2K's security procedure requires you to be online to play its review copies...

Yagharek

If you think we will get Bayonetta 2 the same day as US and Japan you are kidding yourself

have a look at beat box or whatever the fuck Nintendo Europe called it, like 6 months late

And on the other hand, we get the system itself a week before Japan. It varies, but we still get it.

The No Sale comment was because as I have said multiple times in this thread, I am not in a position where Nintendo have convinced me to buy their console. With the latest confirmation that the console will be region locked I remain a No Sale.

If the news was, WiiU to be region free, my second line would have been something like, Urge to buy.... rising.

I felt a bit silly just posting, WiiU is region locked according to Famitsu, so I added my stance with the WiiU at this point in time.

I don't mind editing out my stance if it comes across as too opinionated next to the news.

I'm pretty much going to ignore all the bullshit on ausgaf today. Everyone seems to be having a case of the mondays.

Head in hands... the 360 devkit has decided it doesn't like my wired internet connection anymore... and 2K's security procedure requires you to be online to play its review copies...

Have you tried resetting the router it is connected into? I had that issue once or twice in the past with the wired connection. Made no sense but resetting the whole lot cleared it up and the 360 could connect after that.

Otherwise it could be the 360. :/

Choc

Banned
partnernet is a bitch @ the best of times

jintor you might need a debug update? also see if you can do a XBL partnernet test in the UI, it might tell you whassup.

Kritz

Banned
For those playing at home, here's a new build of the game I've been making between Uni and Borderlands.

Vlander Build 14

At this point I consider the first level feature complete. I am going to add one or two more levels, and then I will consider the game content complete. Finally, I aim to polish up the menus, add credits and a help section. Then I will add sound effects. At that point I will consider the game complete.

For now I am ignoring a few bugs in the game, for sake of actually completing this project instead of getting stuck on small details.

I may still add in a (long)jump mechanic, as it would be simple to program, and would increase the possibility space of the game substantially.

Controls:
WASD - Movement
Space - Mantle blocks
Mouse1 - Pick up blocks

Goal - Reach the end of the level.
Optional - Reach the end of the level with the boxfuck.
Optional - Find the easter egg.

Gazunta

Big changes coming to P'net.

Jintor what's the problem exactly?

I had a devkit recently that crashed as soon as it connected to LIVE. Was a pain in the ass.

Choc

Banned
There seriously has to be a better way than partnernet for Microsoft to run its testing systems.

its a good idea, but they need to fix it. always on DRM for a review copy is an interesting move, especially when it does require specific hardware (yes yes mod chips) but the ycould finger print the disc ffs

Jintor

partnernet is a bitch @ the best of times

jintor you might need a debug update? also see if you can do a XBL partnernet test in the UI, it might tell you whassup.

I JUST took it into 2k today to get it updated and patched with the security firmware. anyway, now it's detecting the ethernet but the 360 isn't outputting sound. FANTASTIC

/edit aaaaaaaand back to the reverse. Sound but no internet.

If you see a wild Bernbaum make sure to throw your balls in his face to catch his attention.

So a wave won't suffice.

Word of warning: you might find some of the clothes there a bit...adventurous. Worth checking out for the store itself I reckon, if it's not out of the way.

Note that I haven't been to the London store, or London before, but I've been to the Tokyo store. Also they happen to stock all my fav brands and I love everything associated with Rei Kawakubo lol.

Thats alight ill still give it a look if I'm nearby, which I'm sure I will be at one stage.

Choc

Banned
I JUST took it into 2k today to get it updated and patched with the security firmware. anyway, now it's detecting the ethernet but the 360 isn't outputting sound. FANTASTIC

/edit aaaaaaaand back to the reverse. Sound but no internet.

ironically its probably going to be easier to bloody review it on a PC. Funny huh :)

Jintor

Okay, now, hopefully that should work... if it crashes on login to xcom i am going to be very angry

SUCCESS

for fuck's sake. I think the ethernet port is on the ghost. Needs to be in a very specific position to register as 'in'. and you can only tell by power cycling, it won't detect it just by having the box on.

Christ, I spent 40 minutes fixing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom