• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
did i do something. did i break it.

oh god im so sorry

Dead Man

Screw_you_guys_I__m_going_home_by_h4X0ry0uL34.jpg

Oh sure, now you act like nothing happened.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
why dont you ever come to melbgaf

edit: i quit too!

I don't browse the thread often enough (or pay attention) to notice when they're on :(. I recall one that I couldn't attend, months ago.

When's the next one?

senahorse

Although I have only used it a couple of times, it's great. It does a really good job that's effortless and quick and cuts fairly deep so you only have to do it (at least I do) once every 2-3 months. Though it's probably a bit of overkill for me, as half of my edges need the whipper snipper treatment (rock walls, trees etc).

Fredescu

Though it's probably a bit of overkill for me, as half of my edges need the whipper snipper treatment (rock walls, trees etc).
So there's no way to use it for those areas? My new place doesn't have many standard edges either but I thought if I just cut it out a bit further, making a gap between say the tree base and the lawn, that it might be ok. I don't know though, I haven't used one yet.

senahorse

So there's no way to use it for those areas? My new place doesn't have many standard edges either but I thought if I just cut it out a bit further, making a gap between say the tree base and the lawn, that it might be ok. I don't know though, I haven't used one yet.

Well you can, just in my situation the rocks have a bit of overhang which makes it hard for the edger to get in there. As for the trees, I have a couple of very large trees in the front yard with exposed roots, and as such the ground is extremely hard so I would rather not (potentially) ruin the blade.

edit: the pros though are when I watch my neighbours with a brush cutter or manual edger only manage to get their driveway done while I have completed the entire front yard (back is even easier). In that sense the time saving benefits are preferable to any alternative.

Shaneus

I've been playing as many games as ever. The problem is the novelty wore off.

I've been thinking of putting my web dev chops to the test and reforming Kritz.net to focus a bit more on my games + projects than my dumb reviews.
You know what you need to do.

Review your own game.

PS. Is the thread title STILL shit? Fuck this, I'm out.

tumblr_ktb6bpJ5Tk1qa748ko1_400.gif

So are we starting AusGAF 8 for a fresh start or what?

So did anything happen regarding coverage of the uni politics wanker?
He deflected the attention onto budget related shit and is still in the running to be our boss.

Fucking Democracy.

I paid a hundred and twenty dollars for fable 3, man. If I can handle that, I can handle anything.
You have no choice to make it your epitaph.

Kritz
Internet man
Survived paying $120 for Fable 3 until run over by a two headed uncle in a jalopy

I don't browse the thread often enough (or pay attention) to notice when they're on :(. I recall one that I couldn't attend, months ago.

When's the next one?
Saturday, 2pm at Beer Deluxe with Holy!

It's everyone else who has to melt down around me. I'm like bitcoins. I'm a fucking standard, baby.
BITCOINS ARE FUCKING STUPID YO

senahorse

Woot, a surprise email.

"Due to prior recognition of service...blah blah blah...you will be eligible for long service leave next year".

12 weeks extra pay, time to change jobs next year I guess.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

He deflected the attention onto budget related shit and is still in the running to be our boss.

Fucking Democracy.

You have no choice to make it your epitaph.

Kritz
Internet man
Survived paying $120 for Fable 3 until run over by a two headed uncle in a jalopy

Saturday, 2pm at Beer Deluxe with Holy!

BITCOINS ARE FUCKING STUPID YO

sunday.

i got plans on saturday now.

Gazunta

Vook should be the one to start a new thread. Vook! I'll even make a new banner for it.

Here's a new article about PAX Australia. I'm still convinced it will be in Brisbane.

Steve Wozniak is becoming an Australian citizen! That is nice to have more smart people here.

Carrier Command comes out this Thursday for Xbox 360 and PC! At least I hope it does. It was scheduled for September 27 back when I was managing its Australian release. I guess we'll see! I am looking forward to it, I really enjoyed the builds of it Bohemia showed me. I might even walk into a store to buy it.
lol no

Just to clarify I'm lolling about the idea of walking into a store. The game is genuinely good, and it's one I'm sad not to be helping get released here

senahorse

He might be in for a nasty surprise if Abbott takes the next one.

At this point I would be really really surprised if Tony Abbot ever becomes PM in this country (through an election). If I was to guess I would say it will either be Malcolm Turnbull or Julia Gillard, with KRudd as an outside chance.

There has been an explosion at a bitumen plant on Potassium Street, Narangba, according to the Department of Community Safety.
Three fire crews were dispatched to the industrial area north of Brisbane after receiving a report about 12.20pm.
When firefighters arrived, smoke was billowing from the building.
Advertisement
"Multiple ... fire crews are currently working to bring a blaze under control, which has completely engulfed a bitumen tanker. They are also working on protecting other properties on the premises,'' a department spokeswoman said.
She said all plant staff had been accounted for and no injuries had been reported but paramedics were on standby at the scene.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...of-brisbane-20120925-26ilj.html#ixzz27RtYDUxR

How fitting.

Shaneus

Vook should be the one to start a new thread. Vook! I'll even make a new banner for it.
Vooks or reptile or Gaz or Jase (I know, right?) or me or cods or 0mi or Arnie or Choc or Vince or EC or Kritz should.

Steve Wozniak is becoming an Australian citizen! That is nice to have more smart people here.
Is that for dual citizenship or just to be an Australian? Either way, that's pretty fucking awesome. Seems like a genuinely nice dude.

Carrier Command comes out this Thursday for Xbox 360 and PC! At least I hope it does. It was scheduled for September 27 back when I was managing its Australian release. I guess we'll see! I am looking forward to it, I really enjoyed the builds of it Bohemia showed me. I might even walk into a store to buy it.
lol no

Just to clarify I'm lolling about the idea of walking into a store. The game is genuinely good, and it's one I'm sad not to be helping get released here
How does it compare to the original one? That was so boss that game. I want all those old(ish) Amiga/PC games to get makeovers.

PS. What ARE you doing now? I've lost track and have no idea what you do anymore (and you gave some clue about something to do with a game, but that's it).

Only if you are. Or any of those other people I mentioned.

BTW That Platinum games thing. Only read it briefly, but does that imply that existing games will come to PC, or new ones by them? Because I want Vanquish at 1080p 60fps with DX11 features. And Bayonetta with DX11 features for dat ass.

PS. Know what I love about GAF? That OT's get edited to be something like this:
Love it.

Danoss

Well, some people had fun in my absence.

Doesn't take much for you guys to claim the occurrence of a "meltdown" these days does it? Apparently the minimum is an expression of dislike and an attempt at a mildly humourous observation. I think you guys want to see something so badly that you'll see it even when it isn't there.

Oh and I really did take my Gran to the GP, for those of you who thought otherwise. I wasn't storming out, what reason would I have to do that? Someone had to take her there, lest she fall and break something when someone isn't there to help her.

Shaneus

I was only just following everyone else because they said the same thing... I didn't know who it was referring to. Apologies if it was you, Danoss :(

BTW That Platinum games thing. Only read it briefly, but does that imply that existing games will come to PC, or new ones by them? Because I want Vanquish at 1080p 60fps with DX11 features. And Bayonetta with DX11 features for dat ass.

They don't own the IP so they have never had the chance. Publishers dictate what platforms they will work on.

Going forward Inaba wants to look at Kickstarting a project for them to go on Steam, probably a smallish team, something like Viewtiful Joe would work perfect due to the already established world and gameplay. No idea if they have the rights though.

midonnay

Does Wozniak reside in Australia?

california I think...... but he's been doing the rounds recently espousing the benefits of the internet....

I suspect he's been invited by Google/Oz government to act as a spokesman of sorts...

or perhaps he's just been kowtowing to get a fast track on his application :p

markot

Banned
Codemasters are such ass monkeys. I have everything they have done since the real colin mcrae rally days. Their new games are utter shittttttttt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom