• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

go away karmichael hunt

7fa846f0-33a2-47f0-acbyswg.gif

Danoss

Went and picked up a board game today. Other things also happened. I'd share more, but AusGAF has been awfully negative and cruel lately.

Omi broke first, you all saw it!

Hmm... Just received an email from JetStar offering Business Class upgrades for $200 per person...

Why the hell is Homer's head in a cowboy hat, on Bart's body? Been bugging me all day.

Went and picked up a board game today. Other things also happened.
Things... or good things?

It never ceases to amaze that the beloved rock we call Australia of all places is recognised as GAF's leading locational community~
Welcome! Make sure you stick around for longer than a day (we keep stats)! Some sort of questionnaire is incoming, I'm sure.

sunday.

i got plans on saturday now.
Dammit!

With the current chain of events that have occurred today, there is no correct answer that won't result in more trolling.
Negativity begets negativity... Let's get some positivity up in here, man!

Oh, upgraded my 7D to 2.0.3 on Sunday and it didn't blow up. See? Positivity!

If you do it once, you'll never want to go back.
Already have, and have gone back without grumbling. Far as I'm concerned it's still a loud uncomfortable tube I have to share with every other jerk who only cares about themselves. But it's an awesome tube hurtling through the sky because of science.

Homer in the cowboy hat was an avatar used by somebody whose posts were... not highly regarded. Come into the thread, see that person posting, leave the thread.
Cease being bugged :)
Went totally over my head. Am no longer bugged.
Am trying to recall when I stopped using the Homer in a cowboy hat avatar.

Dead Man

lol ball didn't even touch the ground!

36? Is that in real years or cat years?

Real years, it was my birthday a fortnight ago. I think I might be the second oldest AusGAFer. Maybe. Certainly not the second most mature.

As for Gosling vs Reynolds, Gosling looks better dressed, Reynolds better naked, and they both seem as interesting as a bag of rocks.

ate some cheetos and turned my fingertips orange.
washed right off
POSITIVITY!!
i hear an image macro in the works
Holy shit... washed right off?

I rocked dinner like a bachelor -- party pies, beer and now cheese.
POSITIVITY!

Also, shouldn't have used an email address that both the wife and I receive emails on to register for the JetStar flights... because we now have business class on the way up. Least I can dump the bag of instant noodles.

Shaneus

Nowdays I'm running iFactory during the day... and Final Say PR and comic-related things at night. And lots of other things going on in the background :)
iFactory?
lMsmC.jpg

(it's a stretch, but I'm sure you get it)

PS. Good news about Carrier Command. Is that on Steam? Can you get me a discount or freebie?

Why the hell is Homer's head in a cowboy hat, on Bart's body? Been bugging me all day.
It's a meme. The full pic is Homer wearing that hat and one of those portable, compressed-air horn things.

Real years, it was my birthday a fortnight ago. I think I might be the second oldest AusGAFer. Maybe. Certainly not the second most mature.

As for Gosling vs Reynolds, Gosling looks better dressed, Reynolds better naked, and they both seem as interesting as a bag of rocks.
Gosling was fucking awesome in Drive, though. Seriously, probably my all-round favourite movie of last year.

Thanking you all very muchly for the kind words and salutations! Apologies for the incoming quote ladder -- please ignore and continue doing what you guys do.
hullo! A more senior member will be with you in a moment for your interrogation erm, initiation.
We should have a census, by the way. We might have done an age/location thing once. I think ausgaf is pretty evenly spead across the eastern states and Adelaide, and ranges from 18 - 35ish iirc.
Hello!~ I usually like incorporating a reference into my greetings but I'm not entirely sure what a "Shanshan" is other than a kingdom and google images just presents numerous scantily clad women. So, um, you get a reference to Dunkaroos or something. Because they're cool and I'm sure you are too! (Also, I endorse your census endorsement!)
Hello!

Ignore the fighting that occurred the last day in here, it's not always like that lol.

Also if you set subscriptions to every thread you post in then you can keep up with AusGAF and don't need to click on community ever again, since this forum is mostly full of old OTs from Gaming anyways.
Hello!~ I actually just scanned the last few pages so any general acrimonious disposition of the topic is kinda lost on me. Which is nice -- may your supa novas be long, plentiful and composed of the most puerile of mathematical equations.
go away karmichael hunt
!!!

i like it when people make jokes that i understand~ =) Thank you kind sir! May your topic-making skills forever be superior to Mister Hunt's AFL abilities.
we all have terrible opinions here
prove it.
Omi broke first, you all saw it!
Welcome! Make sure you stick around for longer than a day (we keep stats)! Some sort of questionnaire is incoming, I'm sure.
Hello!~ With the very warm welcome I have been provided, it makes it quite difficult to stay away sir! Perhaps one day, I shall find myself as attached to this topic as I am to the glory and splendor of A*mazing.

Thanking you all very muchly and probably never posting in this topic BYE

Shanshan+Zhu+16th+Asian+Games+Day+9+Archery+m8FbS043Dbcl.jpg

SHANSHAN

Fiiiiiine. I might hire it out tonight. Cheap tuesday and all.
They seriously fuck up the use of the character but the one early use is fantastic and shows how great a Deadpool movie could be. Reynolds has loved the character for more than a decade now and would be perfect for the role, AS ANYONE WHO READ THE SERIES WOULD KNOW! They even reference it a few times in the latest (meh) Daniel Way run.
Is he still writing? I lost interest and am waiting for someone with talent to take up the Pool again. brb, going to re-read the Joe Kelly run tonight.

Pleasure to meet you all! I shall pop by more often as long as I don't forget that the community forum actually exists.
Nice to see a new face!

Do you do Steam? Jump into AusGAF chat. I hope you like bacon and scotch too.

Went and picked up a board game today. Other things also happened. I'd share more, but AusGAF has been awfully negative and cruel lately.
Just put those who you don't like on the ignore list, that way reading GAF is a hell of a lot more productive and worthwhile! Cuts a fair portion of the bullshit out of threads too.

Also what board game! Was hoping Lost Cities would arrive today :(

i like it when people make jokes that i understand~ =) Thank you kind sir! May your topic-making skills forever be superior to Mister Hunt's AFL abilities.
His thread making skills are fucking terrible :/

Shaneus

Hey Gazunta, there was something wrong with the banner picture for your company's webpage:
PKFzo.png

So I fixed it up:
untitledz1skc.png

There's a guy whose name is Chris Brown at that company. You'd think they'd have his photo in there to start with to attract customers. Silly marketing people!

Projected result:

tumblr_m6glxewiQy1ql49yj.gif
Projectile result?

Danoss

Just put those who you don't like on the ignore list, that way reading GAF is a hell of a lot more productive and worthwhile! Cuts a fair portion of the bullshit out of threads too.

Also what board game! Was hoping Lost Cities would arrive today :(

I've had to put so many people on ignore that AusGAF auto-refresh barely functions. It's at the point where I need to be able to switch to a white-list. In Steam chat, I feel as welcome as a fart in an elevator.

I bought Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 - ? today. I would have posted pics earlier, but stuff that. When I was at the shop they told me my other game had shipped, so I'll have that tomorrow. I could post a pic of it, but that's too much effort for such a small audience.

Dead Man

You act as if my super sweet userscript for chrome and firefox doesn't exist!

KwcBY.png

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/130734
This is excellent. Adding to the list.
Gosling was fucking awesome in Drive, though. Seriously, probably my all-round favourite movie of last year.

Yeah, he was, but only because the role called for a good looking autistic person. I found Drive to be disappointing after Bronson. I know that is a minority opinion though.

I bought Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 - ? today. I would have posted pics earlier, but stuff that. When I was at the shop they told me my other game had shipped, so I'll have that tomorrow. I could post a pic of it, but that's too much effort for such a small audience.

Started reading into that after your post yesterday and worked out that it would take me 5 hours rather than the expected 3 hours to play >_<

I really have lost my latent intelligence over these last few years, it sounds awesome but I definitely will need to work my way up to it.

I love the idea of a big boardgame where everything is laid out in front of you along with the hidden elements that can come into play in this huge battlefield

I found Drive to be disappointing after Bronson. I know that is a minority opinion though.
I find it hard to believe that all minorities would be against Drive.

Shaneus

Here's a tip. Not me. Ugh. Unless you limit it to B&W the you get a Jim Jarmusch movie 300 times. As it should be.
I Image Searched you, anyway. Not what I was really hoping for but I'm nothing if not adaptable. Should keep me going for a couple of hours, at the very least.

Dead Man

Not as good as the other clip I'm thinking of, but it's still awesome.

Fake edit: Oh, wait. The other clip.

Oh guys, finally got my bluray orders from that Australian WB website (or whatever it was). Kubrick collection and Inception for... $25 or so?

Well played.

I Image Searched you, anyway. Not what I was really hoping for but I'm nothing if not adaptable. Should keep me going for a couple of hours, at the very least.

Bad monkey.

Danoss

Started reading into that after your post yesterday and worked out that it would take me 5 hours rather than the expected 3 hours to play >_<

I really have lost my latent intelligence over these last few years, it sounds awesome but I definitely will need to work my way up to it.

I love the idea of a big boardgame where everything is laid out in front of you along with the hidden elements that can come into play in this huge battlefield

Wargames are generally a lot more complex than the rest of the board games out there. It would take most people a few play-throughs to pick the different things up and understand how they work, due to the amount of stuff going on. Labyrinth is a relatively light wargame compared to a lot of them out there, but it's also a bit heavier than some of the other entry-level ones like A Few Acres of Snow that I recently ordered. It's exactly what I was looking to try out, just to get my feet wet and see if I like it and want more.

And don't worry man, you're not alone on the latent intelligence front, I feel much the same. I feel overwhelmed just looking at the game currently, but I'll get there at some point. It has a single player mode which I might give a go tomorrow just to see what it's like if the rules don't melt my brain.

If you want an idea of how crazy they can get, even just for a laugh, check out the latest Shut Up & Sit Down review of Virgin Queen. I've seen some other wargames out there, and this is still comparatively light in comparison; some of those wargames can take a weekend or even a week, sometimes more, to complete.

Already have, and have gone back without grumbling. Far as I'm concerned it's still a loud uncomfortable tube I have to share with every other jerk who only cares about themselves. But it's an awesome tube hurtling through the sky because of science.

Yeah so uncomfortable. The foods the worst thing I find.

Tried out this Hungry Jacks app today on the way past at 4pm. I got a voucher for a free Bacon & Egg Muffin thing. At 4pm. Hungry Jacks don't do all day breakfast. The voucher lasts for 20 minutes and you HAVE to keep it up on your screen the whole time, navigating away means you can't get another one for 10 hours. Nice work with the broken app Hungry Jacks!

Bronson was awesome, best Tom Hardy role.

If you want an idea of how crazy they can get, even just for a laugh, check out the latest Shut Up & Sit Down review of Virgin Queen. I've seen some other wargames out there, and this is still comparatively light in comparison; some of those wargames can take a weekend or even a week, sometimes more, to complete.
lol Marriage Festivity points. Seems like that Crusader Knights game x1000. Would benefit greatly from a digital version that makes rule checking a breeze with technology.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, has someone been killing Fox's Lawyers? There seems to be way more Simpson's clips on Youtube than there used to be. And by "way more" I mean some. There are now some clips on Youtube.
They killed three of mine in the womb as late as last week :/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-25/fears-asylum-returnees-will-face-persecution/4280146

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Better not LEAVE the country illegally.

Translation: "They are going down the mines. Black lung and shit. We don't give a fuck, YOLO bitches, and use it to make me some cashola thanks."

Gazunta

Hey Gazunta, there was something wrong with the banner picture for your company's webpage:
PKFzo.png

So I fixed it up:
untitledz1skc.png

There's a guy whose name is Chris Brown at that company. You'd think they'd have his photo in there to start with to attract customers. Silly marketing people!

Ha! Top work, I'll post that around tomorrow :) Thanks!

And dude I'm not even getting a discount on Carrier Command. I have to pay full price for a video game like some kind of commoner CHUMP. :(

Hey, someone ask the new guy the required AusGAF questions, which I would do but I'm on an iPad.

GAZ-2.gif

Dead Man

given they're willing to go back home because they cbs with naru.

are they real asylum seekers?

(questions posed to me by some one else, i dont stick my nose in politics so i'm clearly not going to offer an opinion)

Depends what you call real asylum seekers. Were they actually seeking asylum? Yes. Can people who did not face severe risk be in increased danger if they return? Yes. Nauru is a busted solution, threatening years of detention to dissuade people from claiming their rights to seek asylum. If they are not legitimate refugees, they can be returned anyway.

If you had a moderate chance of being fucked by your government, or facing up to 3 years detention in a fucking tent, the choices are slim to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom