• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
did you guys see that Channel 9 is very close to bankruptcy

will be interesting to see what happens to the NRL deal if that happens

Logitech G930's for $100 delivered from Amazon!

Channel 10 laughing from across the schoolyard.

NO TOUCHING OF THE FACE

Hotel Transylvania was a good movie, Dracula's daughter had a real cute character design. Best animation I've seen in awhile, very rubbery and fun.
Oh cool, my little guy got given the Dracula dude Happy Meal toy by the crazy sister in law who doesn't let her kids have fun, and he has loved flapping him around the place. I wonder if it will even get shown down here :/

Choc

Banned
Hopefully they sell the rights to cricket to somone who bans Healy, Slater and co from getting closer that 30km to a game

good point, what happens to cricket if they go tits up

NRL could be rooted. Tons of teams have boosted salary cap around the increased tv deal right? if that falls through

oh dear

Fredescu

Hopefully they sell the rights to cricket to somone who bans Healy, Slater and co from getting closer that 30km to a game
Slater is decent, he's probably the best of the newer crop. Healy is a one eyed fool. Maybe they will stop with the stupid three man commentary box at least.

NRL could be rooted. Tons of teams have boosted salary cap around the increased tv deal right? if that falls through

oh dear
Think you're right Choc. It would cause some pretty bad damage to the NRL. Would be heartbreaking.

Choc

Banned
Also, surely ASIC would view it as pretty irresponsible to sign a major deal like that when you have no idea how you are going to service a debt in 3 months time of 2.2 billion dollars

:|

Can't stand Slater unless I'm pretty drunk, he just clowns around too much. Healey doesn't even seem to be watching the right game most of the time. To be honest though I don't even know who I would want in the box, we had been spoilt for a lot of years with the old guard.

hamchan

will be interesting to see what happens to the NRL deal if that happens

Channel 9 dying, Channel 10 dying, only Channel 7 left?

9 even had the Voice this year too. The Olympics must have hurt then greatly.

Choc

Banned
10 is no where near the trouble 9 is in

its purely ratings which is bad yes but it is not going to bankrupt the company

hamchan

10 is no where near the trouble 9 is in

its purely ratings which is bad yes but it is not going to bankrupt the company

It will if it keeps up since their main form of revenue, advertising, is positively correlated with ratings. They've had bomba after bomba of shows. Masterchef is the only hit they have left. They are screwed if they can't turn it around.

Choc

Banned
It will if it keeps up since their main form of revenue, advertising, is positively correlated with ratings. They've had bomba after bomba of shows. Masterchef is the only hit they have left. They are screwed if they can't turn it around.

Channel 10 is in the black even with the low ratings

9 is not.

the olympics has destroyed 9, its the first channel in the history of broadcasting that made a loss on olympics coverage lol

I'd rather see Channel 9 crash and burn. They've been trying too much bullshit and I hate trying to watch the game while some random TAB Sportsbet correspondent comes in during the game on the sideline and starts repeating odds every 30 minutes. They're just slimey.

hamchan

Channel 10 is in the black even with the low ratings

9 is not.

the olympics has destroyed 9, its the first channel in the history of broadcasting that made a loss on olympics coverage lol

Blah, why are we even arguing, in the first place I didn't even say 10 was doing worse than 9. Just that they're both dying.

Looks like James Packer made the right choice to bail out of 9.

Hey Shaneus! Tokyo Jungle is getting a Vita remote play patch according to Yoshi! Sounds like a great time to grab a Vita if you like playing Tokyo Jungle at home, you can keep playing it on the train to work!

What's going to happen to Big Brother?

lol
QLD government won't get their return on investment? Shock!

Ausgaf channel 9 would be great. Especially if we had a panel.

Fire the staff, leave the housemates, lock the doors.
lolol. That would make visiting the big brother house in dreamworld amazing.

By the way, thanks for the link shan. I have to obtain some motivation first but I'll try and get this at least applied for
^^
Finished 4 seasons of Dexter. Someone was saying CSI episodes have shock value? Dexter is way ahead in that department.

The first 3 seasons were basically a mirror copy of each other with different characters, and then they add the twists in season 4 to keep the audience hooked.

Also I've heard that the seasons after 4 are worse? Should I keep on watching?

yeah, seasons 2 and 3 kinda annoyed me for that reason. In fact all the seasons I've seen seem to follow the
"Dexter meets someone like him, eventually he kills them"
plot line. Its still a fun ride though I guess.

If I haven't seen all of 5 would it be worth skipping to 6?

senahorse

If I haven't seen all of 5 would it be worth skipping to 6?

To get the most of 6 you should watch the rest of 5, especially the finale, it really sets up the opening for 6. Also don't watch a trailer for 6, it gives away a lot of the season, kicking myself for watching it :(

We're up to 7 now, ignore that. Watch 6 before 7 :)

edit: to answer your question, if you're not feeling it, you could skip the rest of 5. I enjoyed watching Lumen's character evolve in 5 though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thought Dexter Season 1 was fantastic. Loved Season 2 as an extension of Season 1. Thought Season 3 was spreading the formula a little to thin, but the solid characters and the final half made for a great climax. Season 4 picked up a bit more, and had a fantastic, shocking ending.

Got halfway through Season 5 and felt the show had run its course. Season 4's ending was so good I almost liken it to jumping the shark, leaving the show in a state impossible to follow. Hell, I feel like Season 4 ended in a way that would have provided a really fitting end to Dexter's entire character.

To get the most of 6 you should watch the rest of 5, especially the finale, it really sets up the opening for 6. Also don't watch a trailer for 6, it gives away a lot of the season, kicking myself for watching it :(

We're up to 7 now, ignore that. Watch 6 before 7 :)

edit: to answer your question, if you're not feeling it, you could skip the rest of 5. I enjoyed watching Lumen's character evolve in 5 though.

Yeah I watched the trailer for season 5 before finishing four. Really ruined that for myself.

I never got up to meeting Lumen, so I guess I'll give season 5 a proper go first.

Got halfway through Season 5 and felt the show had run its course. Season 4's ending was so good I almost liken it to jumping the shark, leaving the show in a state impossible to follow. Hell, I feel like Season 4 ended in a way that would have provided a really fitting end to Dexter's entire character.
And that's kind of how I feel in a way.

senahorse

I certainly agree it has had its highs and lows, at least with season 7, it's going to address a major plot point the books did early on. I think this season will be very interesting, but if you're no longer invested in the character it may not sway you.

Yeah I watched the trailer for season 5 before finishing four. Really ruined that for myself.

I actually meant that for season 7, but I guess they do it every year?

markot

Banned
Thought Dexter Season 1 was fantastic. Loved Season 2 as an extension of Season 1. Thought Season 3 was spreading the formula a little to thin, but the solid characters and the final half made for a great climax. Season 4 picked up a bit more, and had a fantastic, shocking ending.

agreeeeee

hamchan

Hey Ham, I finished Mistborn #2.

I bought number 3 off Amazon just now, looking forward to finishing the trilogy.

Nice. What did you think of it? I thought it was still decent but not as good as the first. I do think number 3 is pretty good though.

Now you've reminded me I haven't read a book in ages.

Shaneus

LOL Forza. Get fucked. 17%?
I've said my piece. It's not the 17% that's the killer... it's that it's more than the game itself. And you don't know how what percentage the "season pass" covers in relation to the rest of the DLC. To my surprise, the FM4 one didn't cover all of it, just the first 6 months.

Oh, and fuck Turn 10 for not having ANY track DLC with FM4. They seemed to think that people will have no problem having 1000 cars on a few tracks, as opposed to 500 cars on a good amount of tracks. Fucking idiots (almost dropped the c-bomb there. Whoops!).

Raxum

Damn, I gotta find a better way to keep up with this thread, trying to read it in between work just is not cutting it. And I keep getting lost in playing games at home and forgetting to look at the thread occasionally. Because I keep getting lost, how is everyone? And did anyone end up asking the new guy the questionnaire? I really should jump back into the steam chat tonight.

Wait, RED DWARF is back? Where? When? I've got to work on my keeping up with events skills. And catching up on things. And keeping up with shows that my friends watch. sigh.

Choc

Banned
ok i am confused

police want to interview a man seen in CCTV in the ABC lady case but won't release the CCTV publicly and will only show journalists

surely you want people to identify the guy? :|

jambo

ok i am confused

police want to interview a man seen in CCTV in the ABC lady case but won't release the CCTV publicly and will only show journalists

What if he ends up not being the guy after his face is plastered all over the television and newspapers?

Choc

Banned
well it just seems unusual because they usually releaes it publicly

they aren't saying he is a criminal just want to talk to him about that night

ok i am confused

They said on ABC news half an hour that they were going to release the footage, unless they were incorrect? Said that outside some clothing store there was a group of 4 people.

good point, what happens to cricket if they go tits up

oh dear

If they were desperate they could on-sell the rights to 7 or 10.
I doubt they would though, they need something to sell ads during and NRL is a pretty safe ratings winner.

Cricket is up for grabs next year (?) and apparently 7 is keen on it. 9 might not be able to pony up the cash at this rate.

ok i am confused

That is weird. Like super weird. Journalists aren't well known for not leaking things either

Edit1:Wait you mean this picture?

https://twitter.com/3AW693/status/250808412412190721/photo/1/large

Edit2: Why isn't this link working. Here copy and paste like its the 90s

https://twitter.com/3AW693/status/250808412412190721/photo/1/large

Deeku

Hell Yeah! looks like a game I want to play. And it's apparently going to be free for eu ps+ peeps...:eek: Hope that includes au!

Rahk

Hell Yeah! looks like a game I want to play. And it's apparently going to be free for eu ps+ peeps...:eek: Hope that includes au!
I scrolled up trying to figure out what game you were talking about, and then remembered seeing the ad for it on Steam earlier. It does look quite nice.

You also get 10 2D classic Sega games if you pre-purchase on Steam.

Is it coming to Vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom