• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
given they're willing to go back home because they cbs with naru.

are they real asylum seekers?

(questions posed to me by some one else, i dont stick my nose in politics so i'm clearly not going to offer an opinion)

They have already gone through a whollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle lot of shit to get to Nauru in the first place. At this point I can understand why some of them are giving up hope and think that going back home to die in a constant state of fear is an option against being in the perpetual nothingness being an asylum seeker shuttled from here to there with no end in sight.

Dead Man

They have already gone through a whollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle lot of shit to get to Nauru in the first place. At this point I can understand why some of them are giving up hope and think that going back home to die in a constant state of fear is an option against being in the perpetual nothingness being an asylum seeker shuttled from here to there with no end in sight.

Awesome avatar.

rep kickin' it with the Psygnosis boxart.

Haven't seen Blood Money come up, though. For shame.

That was by Rockstar North (former DMA Design) and published by Psygnosis during their publishing agreement period. Also I like Peter Andrew Jones but I was trying to focus on Roger Dean covers as they are some of the most striking and distinctive I had ever seen and was a huge influence on me as a kid. I drew the fuck out of copying him. I even drew a whole lot of Sonic fancomics in his style, would love to find that!

Danoss

lol Marriage Festivity points. Seems like that Crusader Knights game x1000. Would benefit greatly from a digital version that makes rule checking a breeze with technology.

It would work nice digitally, but then you don't have the pleasure of seeing the other players face as you screw them over. That and all the bits and bobs are all part of the fun.

Did you also see the "Jilted by Elizabeth" table? That's funny and awesome all on its own.

Also, one of the comments on Twitter about that episode is "That video is either 7 minutes of Quinns trying to cry, or trying not to cry. We don't know which." Haha.

Shaneus

That was by Rockstar North (former DMA Design) and published by Psygnosis during their publishing agreement period. Also I like Peter Andrew Jones but I was trying to focus on Roger Dean covers as they are some of the most striking and distinctive I had ever seen and was a huge influence on me as a kid. I drew the fuck out of copying him. I even drew a whole lot of Sonic fancomics in his style, would love to find that!
That's weird... I could've sworn Roger Dean did Blood Money. Sure looked like his work (at least, the landscape sure did). I know the BM font is meant to look like his style. You've schooled me pretty hardcore there, though. You bastard!

Other thing I love about that game: I had it on PC, but it's awesome that the Amiga version was two disks, with one being JUST FOR THE INTRO. So fucking cool.

Love my monitor ;)
20120925_213859drj0i.jpg

Awesome avatar.
My final tip of the hat to Psygnosis. Huge part of my gaming years and it was really painful to find out about their axing. Enjoyed every single game they put out. Really blew my mind with the audio visual orgasm that was the Wipeout series, as well as the incredible feeling of piloting around the city in G-Police. I wouldn't have loved the PSOne as much without the thousands of hours I poured into their games on there.

Apparently we're going to have a bacon shortage next year. Prepare yourselves.
That's horse shit drummed up by the Collateral Council. In any case I am well prepared with my connections to the pork industry through my in-laws :)
No I did not marry her just for her parents pig farm. We also had a child anyway.
*badum tish!*

Also, one of the comments on Twitter about that episode is "That video is either 7 minutes of Quinns trying to cry, or trying not to cry. We don't know which." Haha.
Seemed like 7 minutes of trying to convince himself he was man enough to take on the challenge and one day laugh at that child like attempt at complexity. Highly entertaining as always.

That's weird... I could've sworn Roger Dean did Blood Money. Sure looked like his work (at least, the landscape sure did). I know the BM font is meant to look like his style. You've schooled me pretty hardcore there, though. You bastard!
It was before the breakout hit of Lemmings so at the time it was easy to mistake them for an offshoot of Psygnosis. Great stuff even in those early days!

Clipper

Played a mix of fun, short games with my regular board gaming group tonight. Airships (with 3 players), Attika (with 4 players) and Fjords (with 2 players). I'd played Airships before, and was itching to play it again, and it was still fun. We managed to complete the Hindenburg, which was a first for the game owner. The other two are fun strategic games, and I'd definitely recommend Fjords as a good, quick 2-player-only game for people to try out (it's a mix between Carcassonne and Go).

I'm also planning to play Battlestar Galactica for the first time with some work friends on Thursday, which should prove interesting...

Labyrinth is a relatively light wargame compared to a lot of them out there, but it's also a bit heavier than some of the other entry-level ones like A Few Acres of Snow that I recently ordered. It's exactly what I was looking to try out, just to get my feet wet and see if I like it and want more.

Once that arrives (AFAoS), I'd be really interested in meeting up with you to play it sometime. I'm on a bit of a Martin Wallace kick lately with Discworld: Ankh-Morpork still one of the favourites in my collection, the Doctor Who Card Game having really weird, but fun, mechanics that I haven't totally figured out yet and The Hobbit Card Game on the way...

Can't believe I am arguing FOR the ban on Carmichael Hunt. But the logic has decided me. Sorry guys.

I understand since this is an international board. I rarely use it anyway in real life any more, dipshit/fuckwit are much more hilarious terms of endearment going around my mates these last few years.

Slightly off topic, well really off point, today we were watching Homer Goes To College and my son yelled out with delight, "Doctor Mo!" when the african american nuclear inspector appeared on screen wearing a white coat. Doctor Mohammed is a Doctor at the clinic down the road that he has seen for check ups. Thought it was cute how he made the link even though he hasn't been influenced by racial stereotyping through society yet, was just because they looked similar and he thinks highly of his Doctor (who is actually a terrible doctor really, he is fine for getting me antibiotics or just a general checkup but his understanding of medicine is very low).

Shaneus

So rep... did the Psygnosis/Psyclapse thing confuse you as much as it did me?

I understand since this is an international board. I rarely use it anyway in real life any more, dipshit/fuckwit are much more hilarious terms of endearment going around my mates these last few years.
It's a single syllable, though. That's where it's power is... to get it out quickly. There's no other personal insult I can think of that can be expressed so rapidly and with so much impact.

So rep... did the Psygnosis/Psyclapse thing confuse you as much as it did me?
It did initially but then because the logo was virtually the same I assumed (thankfully correctly) that they were the same company. I just wrote it off as maybe a localisation issue where the Psygnosis name was trademarked in a certain region or something :/

Still don't really understand the thought process behind it.

Just six hours of observations has led to the prevailing conclusion that AusGAF is the greatest compilation of non sequiturs known to man.
Hey, thanks for the tip!

Do you know of any other AusGAFers whose usernames result in Google Image Search goodness???
Well sir, I shall make it my foremost priority to find out! Pleasure to meet you Kaptain! May your planet be forever occupied by dinosaurs and excellent British dialogue featuring this guy:
3401763.jpg

Nice to see a new face!

Do you do Steam? Jump into AusGAF chat. I hope you like bacon and scotch too.
Hello!~ Thank you for your kind words sir (I imagine it'd be somewhat probable that I'm safe to default my addresses to everyone as "sir"?). I do Steam but not with enough frequency to warrant something of the sort at the moment. The idea of a Chatroom does appeal so I shall have to poke by some time thank you very much!

I do NOT like bacon. I am of the firm conviction that the pig provides the lesser of all the common meats and is subservient to the chicken and the cow. Please send all relevant hate mail to the sad, dead corpse of Sega World.
I do NOT like alcohol because I'm STUPID and HATE FUN and am a goody-two-shoes. Please send all relevant hate mail to the sad, corpse of Wonderland.
Damo recognises talent. you guys are just jerks.
My dearest friend, I have only been here a few hours and I can say you are the Syd of AusGAF topic making. Other people are just jealous because they're Millie or Olly or something and they don't get to be the best mascot
and I'm running out of coherent nostalgic references
. Also, you may or may not be the best Happy Meal gift in Australian history.

However, lacking exposure to your capabilities as a Queensland fullback (and for even more hilarity, five-eighth) it is difficult for me to judge your proficiency at being Karmichael Hunt. Apologies. You are very free however, to be our complimentary Braith Anasta? That occupation is always open!
Hey, someone ask the new guy the required AusGAF questions, which I would do but I'm on an iPad.
wait. what.

Again, terrifying questionnaire outstanding, thank you again for your very warm welcomes! Hoping to reciprocate your kind hospitality one day~ =)

Hello!~ I usually like incorporating a reference into my greetings but I'm not entirely sure what a "Shanshan" is other than a kingdom and google images just presents numerous scantily clad women. So, um, you get a reference to Dunkaroos or something. Because they're cool and I'm sure you are too! (Also, I endorse your census endorsement!)
Dude! I wonder if they still make those!
I am okay with this, as long as they're not actually pictures of shanshan310.
As for Gosling vs Reynolds, Gosling looks better dressed, Reynolds better naked, and they both seem as interesting as a bag of rocks.
pretty much. Reynolds has some nice abs, but both of them just look boring. Boring faces.

Finished 4 seasons of Dexter. Someone was saying CSI episodes have shock value? Dexter is way ahead in that department.

The first 3 seasons were basically a mirror copy of each other with different characters, and then they add the twists in season 4 to keep the audience hooked.

Also I've heard that the seasons after 4 are worse? Should I keep on watching?

Clipper

Also I've heard that the seasons after 4 are worse? Should I keep on watching?
Season 5 is a little meh, but I really enjoyed 6. Season 7 looks like it will be very interesting (it just started airing, but I hold off until the Blu-Rays are out) and they already announced that Season 8 will conclude the show, so I'd stick in there as you can be sure there won't be an abrupt, unexpected end or anything.

My dearest friend, I have only been here a few hours and I can say you are the Syd of AusGAF topic making. Other people are just jealous because they're Millie or Olly or something and they don't get to be the best mascot
and I'm running out of coherent nostalgic references
. Also, you may or may not be the best Happy Meal gift in Australian history.
But Fatso was clearly the best...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Yeah, he was, but only because the role called for a good looking autistic person. I found Drive to be disappointing after Bronson. I know that is a minority opinion though.
Definitely liked Drive more than Bronson. Mainly because the latter felt like a inferior clockwork orange.

senahorse

"I know there are many things people are upset about and at the end of the day that was always going to be the case," he said.
Advertisement
"...I know if public servants come on a journey with me and my team now, then in two or three years' time, at the end of it, people will be saying 'jeez, it's just so much better'.

Oh Campbell, just shut up.

HARVEY NORMAN has scored the poorest customer service rating of Australia's major retailers, in a new survey by consumer advocate group Choice.

Maybe Gerry, the problem with your ailing business, isn't just with online.

Maybe Gerry, the problem with your ailing business, isn't just with online.

Strange since I have nothing but nice things to say about their customer service from all the online purchases I have made, even kept me in the loop when stuff was out of stock locally until they could get it shipped from another store. Much better than JB Hifi in that regard.

senahorse

Well to add more anecdotal evidence with Harvey Norman.

I recently purchased a new TV for the bedroom from Harvey Norman. I ordered it on a Sunday and was told it would be delivered the following Saturday, with a call during the week to confirm. No call came. I called them back and they put me on hold for 10 minutes while they looked into it, got back on the phone and told me it won't be available for 6 weeks.

A couple of weeks later, I noticed that there was a promotion (there was a 10ft wide LED display at the front of the store) advertising free delivery and a free blu-ray player for "ANY" (this bit is important) TV over 46". Needless to say I called about said promotion. I was told that there was no promotion. Promptly I told told the sales person to go and have a look at the huge sign out the front of their store and maybe they should check their own website (which had a big ad on the main page), so I was put on hold. Sales person gets back, tells me there is a promotion but my TV isn't eligible , I am getting rather irritated at this point and ask the sales person what part of "ANY" they don't understand, they go away again and come back again and say it's all fine and they will sort it out.

I ended up getting the TV delivered, and still got charged delivery, at this point I really can't be fucked arguing the point.

Rahk

It's kinda the main point of CSI. Dexter may be gorier, but it's not going to be on during prime time. Also CSI is 12 years old now.
Yeah, it's also not on a cable network. I've only seen a couple episodes, which seemed relatively tame, and I've never heard anyone describe it like that, but fair enough.

Jintor

By the way, thanks for the link shan. I have to obtain some motivation first but I'll try and get this at least applied for

Fredescu

I've only seen a couple episodes, which seemed relatively tame, and I've never heard anyone describe it like that, but fair enough.
Just for my own sanity, I checked the wikipedia entry and it says "they use physical evidence to solve grisly murders in this unusually graphic drama, which has inspired a host of other cop-show "procedurals". "

jambo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=42515924#post42515924

This is the best thing on GAF today, along with his response a few posts down the page.

i use a car, like any decent man with success..... i'm not one to be reliant on technology to live my life or plan a route or get anywhere in this city.

some people here are so quick to argue online. don't you have a life? geez..

the car isn't a symbol of my status, haters.
it's a status of a MAN that can take his family out on gatherings.
it's a status of a man that doesn't rely on some minimum wage paid laborer to drive him down a predetermined path just to run errands.
it's a status of a man that isn't held back by the concept of bus stops.
i can travel where i want, when i want, how i want. any time of the day, to any road or highway across the country. stopping when and where i please.
try to do that on a bus. with four passengers. and shopping bags.

then come back to insult me (and the billions of people throughout history) for using a vehicle that i OWN and can use however i so choose.

and yes, i do have a bigger than average dick. but that's got nothing to do with this topic.
i'm done. out!

qO3dG.gif

Just for my own sanity, I checked the wikipedia entry and it says "they use physical evidence to solve grisly murders in this unusually graphic drama, which has inspired a host of other cop-show "procedurals". "

The original CSI (vegas) is the worst. CSI Miami is good till season 4, but then it goes downhill. CSI NY is the best of the lot, first 3 seasons are really well done.

jambo

Can't decide whether or not to go to Paul Oakenfold this Friday night.

$50 and there's a good chance he'll play a bunch of mainstream and non trance stuff.

I think I'll spend my money on Above & Beyond tickets for next January, mainly so I can see Andrew Bayer live.

jambo

Borderlands 2 patch on Steam

Borderlands 2 Update 1.0.2
-Fixed issue with trading negative credit values.
-Fixed issue regarding pre-order incentives.
-Fixed issue regarding connectivity problems involving routers with restricted Firewall UDP settings.

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom