• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did Deveney order that was supposed to be out today?

I take it that her kids must have put up a real shit fight for the response she has given on Twitter.

Very over the top in the end when EB were doing damage control to the point of asking if they could send a branch manager out to her house with a free copy of the game today.

Maybe FIFA 12 won't get to them from the online ordering by tomorrow? DSE have it for $69 tomorrow!

Choc

Banned
without knowing just how much EB fucked it up its hard to comment

but you know, when you have a preorder system......

I take it that her kids must have put up a real shit fight for the response she has given on Twitter.

Very over the top in the end when EB were doing damage control to the point of asking if they could send a branch manager out to her house with a free copy of the game today.

That woman has a real mouth on her.

Also the fact that she has retweeted Ricky Gervais has managed to push her even higher up the people who annoy me list. I didn't think that was possible.

Deeku

I scrolled up trying to figure out what game you were talking about, and then remembered seeing the ad for it on Steam earlier. It does look quite nice.

You also get 10 2D classic Sega games if you pre-purchase on Steam.

Is it coming to Vita?
Dunno about vita, but I doubt it. Would be cool though eh!

Nice steam deal too, would get if I actually used steam lol.

r1chard

You don't have kids? Dunno. I only know from mine and experience with her friends (all around 8yo) that they can get very excited and worked up about something that's planned and be extremely upset when it doesn't work out. This isn't about kids that are spoiled either (mine is far from spoiled) it's just a part of being a kid. Of course, it's reasonable that they should be disappointed some of the time - it's part of life after all - but I can only imagine that Deveny's kids had saved and scraped and pre-ordered so they could play something special on the school hols and now the dream has been ruined (sure, delayed, but in the eyes of a kid "ruined").

Wow. I typed more than I was going to there :)

You don't have kids?
A two year old boy :)

Also in that situation how many kids would want to wait for the post man to arrive? MUCH MUCH MUCH more retail-therapy-endorphin-releasing to go into the store and talk shop with the register monkey about the game you are hyped about and pre-order it over the counter so you can wake up at 5:30am the morning of release so you can drag your parent through their morning routine so you can be standing out the front of the store at precisely 9am to shove that puppy into your console at 9:05am to play all day with your cheetos and slurpee.

Why the hell would you have your kid order by post anyway, you are at the whims of many middlemen to get that game into your console and the time frame is basically moment of street date + a number of hours or days. Damn mailman could have even lost it or stolen it if he was having a bad day where he realised that his best mate at Australia Post that he talks bullshit with across the lockerroom every morning before work has been banging his wife for the last 9 months behind his back when you notice his socks look oddly like the random ones he has been finding trapped down the end of his bed under the covers.

ANYWAY, all I mean is that when kids get hyped as a parent your natural instinct is to plow a path through to the best way to avoid them getting shitty that day. She learnt a great leason and now they will buy all their games that they don't need at 9am release day from OzGameShop or Dungeon Crawl.

13 is the new one. 12 has been out for a year.
>_< I can never be 100% right with the stupid year-ahead numbering system even though it makes the most sense.

jambo

Well fuck, double post.

I blame the rest of AusGAF for not posting for 10 minutes.

wait. what.

Again, terrifying questionnaire outstanding, thank you again for your very warm welcomes! Hoping to reciprocate your kind hospitality one day~ =)

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your children has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

Ah, fun times ahead! :)

Actually, I can see a kid (mine especially) getting pretty damned stoked by the idea of getting the game in the post. A VIDEO GAME. In the MAIL. That would be FUCKING AWESOME.

Seriously, we adults, we get jaded :)

The idea of Steam would blow their minds :)

And then the pain of slow downloading launch days would bring in the jade all too fast :(

Jintor

choccers I can get Tokyo Jungle on AU PSN right

tell me about remote play

do I need my PS3 on? I assume yes. Not that TJ works with it yet I hear

Choc

Banned
images

Dead Man

Channel 10 is in the black even with the low ratings

9 is not.

the olympics has destroyed 9, its the first channel in the history of broadcasting that made a loss on olympics coverage lol

Because it was the worst fucking coverage ever seen, that's why. Hope it kills them off. Fuckers.

markot

Banned
I still prefer 9 to 7. I hate 7.

I hate today tonight more then ACA, I hate cochie, I hate their news, I hate their showses on the tv.

Not that 9 is much better, but its not worse.

10 is awful. Their news, their shows, everything.

Hell, I dont even watch tv anymore so who cares >.>

I hate today tonight more then ACA, I hate cochie, I hate their news, I hate their showses on the tv.

7 is the worst channell ........ in the world. (might be ok if you watch AFL?)

I dont really watch much TV outside of sports either and its NRL and Cricket

remz

I was kind of baffled the other day when i realised exactly how badly the main 3 commercial channels suck ass. I seriously cannot see a reason for watching them unless you care about whatever flavour of the month reality show that's on.

Dead Man

Yeah. Footy, cricket, motorsport. That is pretty much all I watch that isn't SBS or ABC. I miss SBS not having ads though.

Jintor

SBS is consistently fascinating no matter what you tune in on. It might be weird, or slightly gross, or just plain freaky, but it's always interesting. I cannot say the same for any of the commercial stations.

midonnay

sbs is becoming abit obsolete

20 years ago it truely was an ethnic channel

But its programming has been watered down to the point that its pretty much ABC4

I,m not sure that it,ll be here in twenty years

The coalition are looking for any opportunity to sell it or merge it with the ABC

Dead Man

sbs is becoming abit obsolete

20 years ago it truely was an ethnic channel

But its programming has been watered down to the point that its pretty much ABC4

I,m not sure that it,ll be here in twenty years

The coalition are looking for any opportunity to sell it or merge it with the ABC

I think it is more that ABC has stopped being UKTV and shows more shows from different areas.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
wueTw.jpg

That poor guy married to Brynne, all he wanted was a fuck and some big tits. Now he's on a TV show following the dumb bitch around.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm dumb, so forgive me, but RE: CCTV Jill Meagher case.

Given they now have a location and exact time of where she was that night, can they not acquire (with a permit) CCTV and security cam footage of all stores/cams in the area, localise the time, and try to trace her steps? Especially if she was dragged into an back alley with no footage. Could they not pinpoint all possible exits (eg: blocks), work on the above time, and go through footage from there?

I mean, they're probably already doing this. Maybe my big brother paranoia isn't as much of a reality as I thought. I just imagine there's footage captured from pretty much everywhere, even if just store security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom