• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrixx

Banned
Two people asked me about FIFA 2013 today. That's an infinite percentage more people than ever before.

I still don't care about soccer!

Choc

Banned
I'm dumb, so forgive me, but RE: CCTV Jill Meagher case.

Given they now have a location and exact time of where she was that night, can they not acquire (with a permit) CCTV and security cam footage of all stores/cams in the area, localise the time, and try to trace her steps? Especially if she was dragged into an back alley with no footage. Could they not pinpoint all possible exits (eg: blocks), work on the above time, and go through footage from there?

I mean, they're probably already doing this. Maybe my big brother paranoia isn't as much of a reality as I thought. I just imagine there's footage captured from pretty much everywhere, even if just store security.

They have she does not appear on any other and neither does the blue shirt guy

Kinda scary that

I got selected to be on a jury for a criminal case. Oh dear. I don't get off until at least next Friday when the sentence is handed down.

Also Borderlands 2 came today! Huzzah!

I liked being on the jury. I got to be foreman!

I am lucky to unlikely to be ours because we have two people who have been on the jury before, and one has been forewoman already.

There is a girl who is orange in face colour, has gigantic boobs she is clearly very aware of and has the most annoying voice and personality I've ever experienced.

I was very much hoping for an Alan Shore type legal attack, but alas. The prosecutor speaks as slowly as I intend in my old age on purpose to irritate people.

Jintor

He's trying to ensure that you sucky jury buggers understand the dry legal points he's making

just remember, beyond reasonable doubt in criminal trials!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Maybe I've been watching too many cop dramas lately and this will sound cryptic, but if they haven't found her yet, there is a good chance they won't find her alive.

Yeah, that's what I figured from the get go. Missing girl, no ransom, no threats. Either held captive alive with no intention of release, or dead and dumped somewhere.

Slower than our PM?

Yes.

He's trying to ensure that you sucky jury buggers understand the dry legal points he's making

just remember, beyond reasonable doubt in criminal trials!

Nah, he just talks slow. Also yeah, they reiterated that point about four hundred times. I might share details about the case in Steam chat at some point. It's not an interesting case. Just wrong and indecent.

Well fuck, double post.

I blame the rest of AusGAF for not posting for 10 minutes.

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your children has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

thank fuck. i went looking for this but every time i tried to quote it gaf wigged out on me

Ausgaf channel 9 would be great. Especially if we had a panel.
WANT
we should do a podcast again but like, just a normal podcast. screw talking about topical stuff.

D D D DOUBLE POOOOOOOOOSSSSTTTTT!!!!!!!

Huh? I was referring to the website whose Behind-the-Scenes documentary was funded by Microsoft.

OH THATS what that is
yeah ok everything makes sense now and
YES
thats kinda fucked

not a triple post. :(
nor quadruple :(

i think its time for bed instead of just re editing this thing a 5th time

sbs is becoming abit obsolete

20 years ago it truely was an ethnic channel

But its programming has been watered down to the point that its pretty much ABC4

theres an abc 4
i didnt know they had more than 1
is that where they moved bananas in pyjamas?

how does everyone spell that the internet tells me pajamas but sometimes the internet is wrong. at least thats what all my teachers said. except for my year 12 chem teacher. she was fine when we quoted wikipedia because and i quote here "its alive" as soon as someone posts something thats wrong someone else on the other side of the world fixes it. i believe that too, at least for science as thats pretty hard to fake.

Well, good morning to you too Mister Banana Man!

jambo said:
Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your children has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time
... oh this is gonna be bad.
Will give awkward attempts at wit and exhibit general "dodging the question" expertise tomorrow!
On the other hand, I managed to catch up on following the multitude of non sequiturs contained on this topic. The traditional strategy for mingling seems to be attaching yourself to the most alike and/ or sane person but none of you seem to meet this requirement.

You are doing excellent work gentlemen!~ ;) (and ladies? I'm pretty terrible at guessing online demographies. SHANSHAN ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE LADY FOLK)

Well, good morning to you too Mister Banana Man!

... oh this is gonna be bad.
Will give awkward attempts at wit and exhibit general "dodging the question" expertise tomorrow!
On the other hand, I managed to catch up on following the multitude of non sequiturs contained on this topic. The traditional strategy for mingling seems to be attaching yourself to the most alike and/ or sane person but none of you seem to meet this requirement.

You are doing excellent work gentlemen!~ ;) (and ladies? I'm pretty terrible at guessing online demographies. SHANSHAN ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE LADY FOLK)

dodging questions isnt cool man
is it rude to take bets on how long this guy lasts? i miss those other people :(

is it rude to take bets on how long this guy lasts? i miss those other people :(
excuse me sir but i'm right here.

JAIMMMEEEEEEEE ROGERS here. I hope you're enjoying AusGAF VII, don't forget that you can bet live on "Damo Yoshi banned by Friday".

My general inactivity on GAF and a predilection for lurking suggests that I'll place a Banjo Patterson on two more days.

Also, are you on AEST Mister Banana Man? Because 4:08am sounds like a nice time to sleep.

~~~
On an unrelated note, is there a lot of overlap between AusGAF members and members of the local sites contained in the first post? Gotta remember to join the VOOKS cult one day.

Kreunt

Banned
well my brother wants his PS3 back to use as a bluray player, which means i need to buy one to play the few games i bought while i had it.
anyone have any recommendations of where to import a PS3 from? or should i just man up and pay aus prices :/

Man

Two people asked me about FIFA 2013 today. That's an infinite percentage more people than ever before.

I still don't care about soccer!
EB Melbourne Central had a combined midnight launch for Fifa 2013 and PS3 Ultra Slim last night. They were playing soccer on the store floor when I was traversing to the train from work (~11pm).

The Obsidian kickstarter sounds better and better.

Tell me about it. The wait for the game is going to be excruciating though!

While I'm here, and since AusGAF is so knowledgeable - I need to buy a new monitor, what would be the best deal for something that is 24 inches and not a piece of poo?

well my brother wants his PS3 back to use as a bluray player, which means i need to buy one to play the few games i bought while i had it.
anyone have any recommendations of where to import a PS3 from? or should i just man up and pay aus prices :/

the new SlimSlim ones are about $250-ish with the 12GB flash drives. You might even find one of the older ones for less if you look around.

If you find it a lot cheaper to import, you may need to budget for a voltage converter as well depending on where you bought it from. also local DVD's and Blurays may not play. etc.

So I started playing They Bleed Pixels. I can't say how good it is in the long run, but the first hour or two were fun! Cute character designs, interesting gameplay. If you like platformers and have a spare $10 you should check it out !

Everyone here is on AEST, but some people never sleep. It's a waste of time you know.
Or, if you're like me, you sleep for three more hours than you wanted to and miss all the potential assignment time you had for the day. ;.; Its okay... I didn't want to finish this assignment anyway...

WANT
we should do a podcast again but like, just a normal podcast. screw talking about topical stuff.

YUS!!! IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

SHANSHAN ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE LADY FOLK

Perhaps :p

Kreunt

Banned
the new SlimSlim ones are about $250-ish with the 12GB flash drives. You might even find one of the older ones for less if you look around.

If you find it a lot cheaper to import, you may need to budget for a voltage converter as well depending on where you bought it from. also local DVD's and Blurays may not play. etc.

yeah leaning towards getting one of the 12GB's now, looks like its still possible to swap in a real HDD if needed (presumably voids the warranty though, since you now have to open the new consoles to get to the HDD).

Man

Posted this in gaming but worth sharing here:
Just picked up my PS3 Ultra Slim. The 500GB is a Fifa 13 bundle in Australia too despite being previously advertised as barebones. EB is also throwing in Borderlands 2 (or LBP + controller) for free!

I traded Fifa 13 back in and basically got the 500GB + BF2 for 364aud. Nice surprice bonus!

Fredescu

While I'm here, and since AusGAF is so knowledgeable - I need to buy a new monitor, what would be the best deal for something that is 24 inches and not a piece of poo?
What budget and purpose? For gaming, a 120Hz monitor would be the way to go. I don't have one, but then I don't play games. If it's for general not-gaming, get an IPS panel. I love my Dell U2410. If that looks a bit too much, you can wait for a sale, they have them semi frequently. If that looks a lot too much, Asus make a reasonably priced one now: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1368&products_id=21119. It's also 16:10 which everyone knows is the superior ratio. Want a 120Hz IPS? So does everyone else.

Also, the Obsidian Kickstarter is pretty much my dream game that I would never have expected to exist. It will probably be better than anything I could dream about too, since those guys really know their shit.

jambo

Because it was the worst fucking coverage ever seen, that's why. Hope it kills them off. Fuckers.

Foxtel coverage was godly. 8 channels, direct feeds from UK.

Tell me about it. The wait for the game is going to be excruciating though!

Sack up and get a 30" =P

1600P Master Master Race

What budget and purpose? For gaming, a 120Hz monitor would be the way to go. I don't have one, but then I don't play games. If it's for general not-gaming, get an IPS panel. I love my Dell U2410. If that looks a bit too much, you can wait for a sale, they have them semi frequently. If that looks a lot too much, Asus make a reasonably priced one now: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1368&products_id=21119. It's also 16:10 which everyone knows is the superior ratio. Want a 120Hz IPS? So does everyone else.

Also, the Obsidian Kickstarter is pretty much my dream game that I would never have expected to exist. It will probably be better than anything I could dream about too, since those guys really know their shit.

Sack up and get a 30" =P

1600P Master Master Race

Thanks for the responses guys...

It's for gaming, but the problem is I can't really spend more than a couple of hundred dollarydoos.

So maybe I should rephrase; for around $200-$300, what is the best budget monitor available these days? I'm not too fussy to be honest.

senahorse

Huh, when did this happen?

Choc

Banned
the main reason why Channel 9 lost money on the olympics were they were the first channel to not onsell the non Australian rights to SBS.

That was a dumb dumb move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom