• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

midonnay

if foxtel had coverage.... how could c9 onsell it? >_>

I assume they bid as a partnership...

I wonder how much ratings have to do with gold medals....

the swim team kinda underperformed when that is where most of the interest is in

Choc

Banned
if foxtel had coverage.... how could c9 onsell it? >_>

I assume they bid as a partnership...

they can onsell the free to air rights of the events australians were not expected to medal in, just like 7 did

Foxtel had 2008 as well you know

They did not bid as a partnership. They bid for the FTA and Pay rights.

Kritz

Banned
It was only a matter of time until AusGAF wanted to make the 4th AusGAF Podcast.

It's impractical, but melbgaf should totally physically get together and do the podcast. >_> Skype podcasts suck.

midonnay

not according to wiki....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympics_on_Seven

Seven has exclusive Australian free-to-air, pay television, online and mobile telephony broadcast rights to the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. The live telecast of the XXIX Olympiad was shared by both the Seven Network and SBS Television. Seven broadcast the opening and closing ceremonies and mainstream sport's including swimming, athletics, rowing, cycling and gymnastics. In stark contrast, SBS TV provided complementary coverage focused on long-form events such as football, road cycling, volleyball, and table tennis.[1]

Choc

Banned

yes

and they onsold some of the exclusive rights to SBS

Hmmm i am fairly sure Foxtel had 2008? Might be wrong. 2010 winter wasnt fox's first was it? Well there you go, 2010 was fox's first.

Guess they couldn't on sell. Nine got fucked then because they paid more than 7 did and could not onsell those which it didn't want to show. No wonder its going broke

Aon

Looking at the games discussed list for the new idle thumbs ep, they might have read my email :)

I sent them one like ten years ago when I was drunk that they wisely did not read xD

Choc

Banned
Police would not confirm reports that new CCTV footage has emerged showing a man in a blue hooded jumper running after Mrs Meagher along Sydney Road in Brunswick just moments before she vanished.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/n...ill-footage-20120927-26m8r.html#ixzz27dJZb66n

eep

Angela said she was walking along Hope Street late at night when a man in a silver Mercedes attempted to abduct her.
"I just had this weird feeling and I turned around, there was a silver Mercedes following me and he stopped the car. It was obviously still on, but he pulled over and he’d opened the passenger side door and tried to pull me in, so I just ran," she told Fox FM.
Angela said she attempted to seek help at the closest house but the person who answered the door refused to let her in, so she hid in the bushes.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/n...ill-footage-20120927-26m8r.html#ixzz27dKVD4v8

what a karmichael hunt

Shaneus

Also, the Obsidian Kickstarter is pretty much my dream game that I would never have expected to exist. It will probably be better than anything I could dream about too, since those guys really know their shit.
What did Obsidian make? I know they did Alpha Protocol (which I loved, despite being flawed) but having a look at their KS, I don't think I've played anything else of theirs.

They mention CRPG. I don't know what that means. I do know that I liked other party-style RPGs in the AD&D universe from SSI, but that's about all I could say.

What did Obsidian make? I know they did Alpha Protocol (which I loved, despite being flawed) but having a look at their KS, I don't think I've played anything else of theirs.

They mention CRPG. I don't know what that means. I do know that I liked other party-style RPGs in the AD&D universe from SSI, but that's about all I could say.

CRPG is Computer RPG (I think) it was used for the basic style of making computer games similar to pen and paper RPG

Fredescu

What did Obsidian make?
KOTOR 2, NWN2, Fallout: NV, Dungeon Seige 3. They have key writers and designers from Fallout 1 and 2, Planscape Torment, Icewind Dale, etc.

They mention CRPG. I don't know what that means.
Computer RPG. Started with Ultimate and Wizardry. Basically attempts at D&D adaptations. It's sort of what people call WRPG now, but CRPG suggests a more technical strategic game as opposed to the watered down stuff that gets made for consoles.

Off the top of my head - New Vegas, NWN2, KOTOR2

And the dudes that work there are pretty much all ex-Black Isle and Interplay so Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Fallout etc.

I think.....

EDIT: Damn you Fred!!!

well my brother wants his PS3 back to use as a bluray player, which means i need to buy one to play the few games i bought while i had it.
anyone have any recommendations of where to import a PS3 from? or should i just man up and pay aus prices :/
The new 12GB one is $250. Top loading disc tray! Just chuck a cheap HDD in it.

I would have sex with my Dell IPS monitor if it had a big enough hole.

Alpha Protocol and New Vegas are in my top 10 games of this generation easily. Kickstarter is finally giving me the game I have wanted since Torment, so hyped.

what a karmichael hunt

I hope this case is wrapped up soon, bunch of folks on facebook and twitter telling tall tales about seeing this man and or Jill. Then police ask them to come forward and tell more they say no. Social Media is sometimes depressing for watching the lengths some people will go to attention. Wouldn't be surprised if I could go on kickstarter or indiegogo and see scam about pledging money to find her or to give to the family. It was unbearable during the Aurora shootings too.

Clipper

Hey, with BanShunSaku back with us (at least temporarily), perhaps we can get a Sydney day going too. What do you say, Ban, has your schedule for weekends opened up again?

And in gaming news, one of my board game packages arrived this morning. Mansions of Madness seems awesome, with the rest of the package being expansions for Arkham Horror, which is hsipping in a totally different package :p.

Also should be playing my first game of Battlestar Galactica tonight. Should be 5 players, which seems to be the optimum amount, given the 2 Cylons vs. 3 Humans. I just hope that my total lack of a poker face doesn't give me away if I end up being a Cylon...

Hey, with BanShunSaku back with us (at least temporarily), perhaps we can get a Sydney day going too. What do you say, Ban, has your schedule for weekends opened up again?

Hrrmm not really unfortunately :(

Life is kind of getting back to normal (at least for the time being) but I can't really plan things at all at the moment...

Long story short, a family member is very ill and undergoing treatment and I've been doing a lot of travelling to visit on weekends etc.

As such its probably best not to plan anything that requires my involvement... sorry :(

Vince hasn't posted in 2 days. You guys chased him away.
LLShC.gif

Edit: My bad, I think he has seen the 39/40 famitsu paid review of RE6 and suffered a stroke.

But it's not gotten up to 88mph so how is it going to go back in time to get to Warrnambool?

Also those weird "collect your stuff" boxes Auspost is going to be putting in sound... weird.

midonnay

Vince hasn't posted in 2 days. You guys chased him away.
LLShC.gif

Edit: My bad, I think he has seen the 39/40 famitsu paid review of RE6 and suffered a stroke.

Maybe he'll do a Shaneus (tm) and come back when he's done something productive like cure cancer or something >_>

midonnay

not sure why gaf was going mental over the PS3 price when the base model is only 250 bucks o_O

I doubt tightwad buyers will care about harddrive space that much....

pretty competitive considering WiiU's launch titles aren't really that spectacular.

Thanks for the responses guys...

It's for gaming, but the problem is I can't really spend more than a couple of hundred dollarydoos.

So maybe I should rephrase; for around $200-$300, what is the best budget monitor available these days? I'm not too fussy to be honest.

i like my asus vw266h kritz has a similar one if not the same
its a 26" and was like 400 but pretty much dropped in price the second i got it

not sure why gaf was going mental over the PS3 price when the base model is only 250 bucks o_O

pretty competitive considering WiiU's launch titles aren't really that spectacular.

The US (the only place that matters for anything in the world ever) isn't getting the 12GB cheapo pack

Fredescu

Don't heaps of PS3 games have mandatory installs? I imagine you could chew through that 12GB pretty quickly. $250 for a bare bones six year old system does seem like a lot.

midonnay

^^ can't you hook up a hard drive?

250 bucks isn't really that much for a console...6 years old or not. and it has a pretty great library of exclusive games....or so I've heard

The US (the only place that matters for anything in the world ever) isn't getting the 12GB cheapo pack

ahh..... that makes more sense I guess...

still haven't got a PS3 so its tempting to complete the collection....and some of the games are only 25 bucks o.o

im busy the 30th
whats with melbgaf always happening when i have other things on. you know i dont go out much so its a real trick that we manage to get it on all the days i do

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
These Wii U Titles will be playable at EB Expo

New Super Mario Bros.™ U

Nintendo Land™

SiNG Party™

ZombiU™

RAYMAN® LEGENDS

Darksiders® II

Batman: Arkham City™ Armoured Edition

Assassin’s Creed® III

Scribblenauts™ Unlimited

Just Dance® 4

Game Party Champions

Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed

And I won't be there :(

How about we aim for a megaMelGAF in November, say 10th or 17th? That way it should surely be easier to more people to clear some diaries to make it another big one. Can always do mini impromptu ones in the meantime anyway.

unless it is the weekend we are planning to get away for our anniversary
Your wedding anniversary can't be in November because mine is!

Omikron

Your wedding anniversary can't be in November because mine is!

MY BIRTHDAY IS TOO!!! NERRR

How about we aim for a megaMelGAF in November, say 10th or 17th? That way it should surely be easier to more people to clear some diaries to make it another big one. Can always do mini impromptu ones in the meantime anyway.

Yah sounds good, later in the month works better for me I believe at this stage. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom