• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

^^ can't you hook up a hard drive?

250 bucks isn't really that much for a console...6 years old or not. and it has a pretty great library of exclusive games....or so I've heard
Who sells it for $250 anyway? Seems everyone has it for $300 or thereabouts. Add another $50 for a hard drive, you're getting up into Wii U launch prices territory. People managed to complain about those.

But yeah, it does have a good library. Worth getting if you've never had one. I'd hold out for a good bundle or price though. Looking at the EB prices, it's $100 extra for the 500GB with an extra game. If they were two games you wanted, it would be better to go for the 500GB.

$250 in the KMart catalogue I read yesterday.

Also anyone who whinges about WiiU launch price is an idiot. Premium pack for $400 would be amazing if you really wanted 5 launch titles. Hyped to see that Epic Mickey 2 is at launch!

midonnay

wiiu price is great too.... its just that I'm struggling to justify a purchase when there aren't any games that I really want to play (or can't just get on the x360).

Nintendoland :/

modern 2d mario....not the greatest fan of.

I guess Zombiu could be interesting .....but thats a wait and see

edit: oh yeah, theres that platinum game.....is that a launch title?

edit2: nope launch window....whatever that means.

Who sells it for $250 anyway? Seems everyone has it for $300 or thereabouts. Add another $50 for a hard drive, you're getting up into Wii U launch prices territory. People managed to complain about those.

Like has been mentioned K mart, JB has it for 260. Storage not that different to the WiiU so if you would be going the HDD route for one i don't see why you woyldn't for the other.

Luanch lineup is the only thing really holding me back from a WiiU, theres Mario and not really anything else I would want to drop the extra cash for to pick one up.

edit2: nope launch window....whatever that means.

Between luanch up to march 31 i think

Pffft. I picked up a Gamecube from Cash Convertors for $50 back in 2005, before any next gen consoles had launched.

That's the kind of price I expect the current consoles to be going for second hand. Okay, maybe that's a little ambitious, but they've been on the market for 5+ years. They should be $199 brand new max. Hell, I picked up my PS3 for $350 from Catch of The Day over 3 years ago!

Off to see Looper tonight with $20 gold class tickets (usually $40 each!). Pretty keen, the word is good.

If anyone is interested, you can get $20 gold class tickets through Optus rewards. I'm not even an Optus customer...

Rezbit

Lol@MelbGAF trying to organise a meetup.

Edit: I think the launch line up is bloody good for a new console. Most recently have been a lot shitter.

Kreunt

Banned
might even just get a pre-owned ps3, its only going to be used to play the few decent games i cant play on my pc (red dead redemption, catherine, vanquish, valk chronicles).

Shaneus

If someone's looking for a PS3, I'm looking at getting rid of one of mine that has some slight case damage. Bought it to use for CFW but I barely use my regular PS3 as it is, let alone that one.

Oh guys, the new Carrier Command game is out today. It's by the Arma guys. I'm kinda looking forward to it, though not at RRP :/

Rezbit

If someone's looking for a PS3, I'm looking at getting rid of one of mine that has some slight case damage. Bought it to use for CFW but I barely use my regular PS3 as it is, let alone that one.

Oh guys, the new Carrier Command game is out today. It's by the Arma guys. I'm kinda looking forward to it, though not at RRP :/

How much

Frawdder

PaxAus.png

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/09/pax-australia-is-heading-to-melbourne/

senahorse

Sometimes I don't know if having a decent sized yard is more of a con than a pro, just under an hour to mow but goddam I am pooped, summer is certainly on the way.

Shaneus

Choc

Banned
1 month after e3 is the most interesting thing

Assuming next gen is playable in LA (i assume nothing on this btw), its feasible it could be at pax.

MS more likely.

markot

Banned
Nokia's started its world tour of local announcements in Australia, letting slip that the Lumia 920 is coming to Telstra's LTE network down under. Those with an eye on the cheaper Lumia 820 are in luck too, as it's going to be carried by both Vodafone and Optus Business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom