• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a gate for the little guys room wasn't the easy solution to our sleeplessness issue at all. It stops him tearing the house to pieces but now he just stands there at 6am wailing for us at the top of his lungs, running his drink bottle along the bars :(

ZOMG SALES?!?
F25t1.png

Yakuza Dead Souls on PS3 for $20 delivered from PlayAsia

Sleeping Dogs on SteamPC for $30 from Amazon (key seller)

ZOMG GREENMANGAEMING SALE!

Use code GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO to get the below prices at the times below!

$8 - Binary Domain is 75% off until 1100 UTC September 28th
$6 - Sonic Generations will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 28th for 24 hours
$6 - Total War: Shogun 2 will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 29th for 24 hours
$4 - Aliens vs Predator will be 75% off from 1100 UTC September 30th for 24 hours

hamchan

Dudes on whirlpool also said they got a message from JB that it's out now.

Just saw a Gangnam Style ad on channel 9, crazy. I never would have imagined it would get this popular when it first came out. The Hallyu wave is actually real.

THE LURE OF A STREET BREAK IS MAKING ME CONTEMPLATE RESI6 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just saw a Gangnam Style ad on channel 9, crazy. I never would have imagined it would get this popular when it first came out. The Hallyu wave is actually real.

Other admin got to work early yesterday so she had Bay FM (or Coast FM or whatever the fuck the main advertising/popshit station is down here) on and had to endure, for the first time, that song 3 times yesterday. Was doing well to never hear it before then.

Also got a massive migrane from that station. Along with her mumbling along to the songs half a second off. So glad she doesn't work Fridays otherwise I would top myself.

Rahk

Dudes on whirlpool also said they got a message from JB that it's out now.

Isn't it also one of the top songs on AU iTunes?

Kritz

Banned
Isn't it also one of the top songs on AU iTunes?

shit was on one of those attrocious morning shows a week ago.

Following my rule that anything is dead once it appears on television networks.

EDIT: ... this was also unintentionally the most horrific joke I've made all week, considering the news last night.

So I saw Looper last night. It's pretty good! I enjoyed it more than other blockbusters I've seen this year (Batman, Prometheus).

It's not really amazing, but it's pretty solid outside of a couple of issues and definitely worth a watch.

I think GAF are going to lose their pants over it, so be wary of hype.

Also, Jambo... sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that album is pretty bad.

I really hope it's good

yXZWrl.jpg
LOVE THE SHIT out of Panic Station. Just awesome Queen/INXS/Prince/Pink Floyd still rock. Album is pretty spotty though. The more fun stuff is great but a few get way up their own arse too much.

So I saw Looper last night. It's pretty good! I enjoyed it more than other blockbusters I've seen this year (Batman, Prometheus).

It's not really amazing, but it's pretty solid outside of a couple of issues and definitely worth a watch.

I think GAF are going to lose their pants over it, so be wary of hype.

Trying to go see it tonight if we can get a babysitter. Must watch any Rian Johnson movie basically.

Also the GAF thread already lost its shit when Expendable was glowing about it.

jambo

LOVE THE SHIT out of Panic Station. Just awesome Queen/INXS/Prince/Pink Floyd still rock. Album is pretty spotty though. The more fun stuff is great but a few get way up their own arse too much.

Very spotty indeed. Survival could be an awesome song, but it has god awful lyrics. I also enjoyed Supremacy, but Madness didn't click with me and Panic Station felt off. I suppose if I frame it as a Queen/INXS style tribute then maybe...

Onwards!

Trying to go see it tonight if we can get a babysitter. Must watch any Rian Johnson movie basically.

Also the GAF thread already lost its shit when Expendable was glowing about it.

Panic Station is quite catchy! Supremacy is decent, I even don't mind Madness. But... too much cheese and boring songs that don't really go anywhere. Meh. Also add U2 to the list of bands blatantly aped on the album.

Expendable and Sculli both raving about Looper. God, it's already overhyped.

92% Rotten Tomatoes rating out of 110 reviews is hype enough for me.

I'm telling you, dial the hype back or you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment!

It is almost certainly the greatest time travel film of ALL TIME though
Joking, thats actually Primer, followed by the first two Terminators

Not a real spoiler, if anyone was wondering.

I heard it is a fucking piece of shit. Overhyped by affluent types who think that Len Wisemen is a capable director.

It is a lot like the Total Recall reboot.

Change hype train course!

Still make sure to go see it though! Today if possible, skip work.

jambo

The new Muse album is way too eclectic. That dubstep track near the end is awful and I don't know why Chris sang on a couple of songs. It makes them sound like a run of the mill alternative rock band. Muse needs Bellamy's vocals.

GO STORM GO!

wet day in melbourne

<<< WORKING IN A KITCHEN OUTSIDE UNDER A TENT
POSITIVITY!!!!!!!

Victoria Police
To all our Facebook followers. PLEASE remember that it is inappropriate to post speculation or comments about matters before the courts. We ask you to refrain from posting anything on social media which could jeopardise or endanger the presumption of innocence, as this has the very high potential to interfere with the administration of justice

Choc

Banned
Ferrari want Webber imo but Webber doesn't want to go yet because he feels he can win the World Champ. Fernando would love Mark to drive with him i think.

at Ferrari he would be no 2 behind Fernando for sure. Webber to go to Ferrari for a 1 year swansong.

imo.

Could be completely dreaming though, would be so good for Mark and perfect way to finish his F1 career.

There was crazy speculation Kimi was going to go back to Ferrari.

Also by the way the Skysports F1 crew are talking on twitter, they know osmething about lewis and he is moving.

Frawdder

Wow, big news! Rumours atm point to Perez moving to McLaren.

Also, why the fuck would Ferrari want to keep Massa for another year?!
Ferrari said Perez isn't ready yet which is code for Perez might be decent competition for Alonso. It would be good to see someone like Perez get a top seat drive rather than the same few drivers switching seats between them.

Also, Mercedes is about to come into a lot of money. They have signed/will sign the concord agreement and will be given historical team status which entitles them to the same benefits Ferrari and McLaren get. Hamilton plus more money and a new commitment to Formula 1 for the next few years could make Mercedes a very competitive team.

The new Muse album is way too eclectic. That dubstep track near the end is awful and I don't know why Chris sang on a couple of songs. It makes them sound like a run of the mill alternative rock band. Muse needs Bellamy's vocals.
Yeah second half of the album wasn't great, ignored it already.

I'm willing to share my fabricated Optus log in details if anyone wants to see it in Gold Class for $20 (including booking fee).
Can't get a babysitter, bro-in-law broke up with his gf for the second time this month lol

We got given free tickets for the wife's birthday to the local "cinema", wouldn't give them money otherwise. Place is a shithole. Even funnier is that when you look on the Village site you can't even check session times, you have to go directly to a unique website for them. Ticket prices aren't astronomical at least. Would be nice if they ran movies at better times and more than twice a night.

Aaaaand some idiot decided to post 'come to Shan's party tonight!' on facebook. I am not longer excited. I want to crawl up in my room and cry. ;.; This is the worst day ever. 20 people is going to become 200, I just know it.

There was a large group of folks in the court doing something embarrassing to the tune of Gangnam Style on Wednesday afternoon.

I was prepared to feel massively embarrassed for you, but you weren't among them.

lol. Oh dear. Maybe I should have gone to Griffith =/ I am embarrassed that you thought I would do that
I might have.

Pikachu is the first episode of Pokemon is a real dickhead.

Isn't he a jerk for most of it?

You guys need to try some proper bacon. You won't be saying that smack talk then.

Also SUPER DUPER SLIM PS3 for $242 delivered.

Also lol Subsidence, I bet that was put in by a Kojima fanboy.
I know what it really references, jeez

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Aaaaand some idiot decided to post 'come to Shan's party tonight!' on facebook. I am not longer excited. I want to crawl up in my room and cry. ;.; This is the worst day ever. 20 people is going to become 200, I just know it.
Pfft the more the merrier!
I wish over 200 people came to my birthday party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom