• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone with Dreamhost and never had a problem. A lot don't like them (but they don't have the hatred reserved for Godaddy) but they've been fine for me for around 5 years I guess? Wouldn't use a business or ultra-important personal account with them, but for general personal stuff they're fine.

Salazar

Bj9aL.gif

Choc

Banned
Anyone have much experience registering a domain. Specifically can I just put in "false" info into the Whois bit?

You can't do that but what you can do is pay $20 extra and make it a private whois. Then people have to go to the registrar and have a very good reason to know the info

you won't find a host that does private whois for free, it adds an admin burden to their business.

Jintor

I've never been in PoliGAF before but it's the most entertaining thing I've experienced today, and I played ACIII for three hours in the morning.

(Not to be dismissive of ACIII! But stabbing dudes in the face and neck is only oddly satisfying when you can take the savegame home)

Kritz

Banned
I've never been in PoliGAF before but it's the most entertaining thing I've experienced today, and I played ACIII for three hours in the morning.

(Not to be dismissive of ACIII! But stabbing dudes in the face and neck is only oddly satisfying when you can take the savegame home)

How's the fist fighting, if you can say? Was the best thing about AC2.

Choc

Banned
So this is all alleged but...

apparently AIE shipped RE6 without embargo stickers on the game or boxes.

That, is going to be one MASSIVE FUCKING SHITSTORM if true

Spent the last 3 hours playing Lost Cities. Took about 2 rounds to get the hang of the rules, still not 100% on them since the supplied rule book was vague on a few things until we took what made most sense (like not inserting expedition cards into already active ones even though the wording makes it sound like you can). By the end of the 3 hours I can already see how a bad run of luck makes a round annoying as fuck :/
The wife scored 111 one round, most of mine were conservative and around the 30-50 mark as I would focus on making 2 good runs while avoiding negative expeditions.

Here was the first round where I realised that taking the last draw pile card means no more turns so all those 10's don't mean shit unless I plan out the endgame first!

Nice Google doodle today, sort of makes up for no indigenous people on the new money I guess.
hehe doodle

Can you tell me why Ubisoft don't want me to play this game on my birthday on my glorious PC machine?

Choc

Banned
Check something like this, but more generally on the cardboard boxes that ship the game. and you usually have to open that sticker to open the box so you can't miss it

medium_precrack2.jpg

I've seen prereleased games given a price tag of $9999 so no one would buy them. But that's obviously ob the retailers end not the distributor.

And Jint I can't bring myself to read more than about two pages of the excommunicate thread. Is it fair to say most of the complaints in there are that firacos hasn't just given the old game modern graphics?

I still see places like Big W or DSE leave the DO NOT SELL stickers on games long after the date. I even saw one on a copy of Crackdown at EB earlier this year! Laughed my arse off.

Big Square sale on at GOG. Picked up Anachronox for $2.40! Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver games for $2.40!

AIE is the company Gaz used to work for. Embargo stickers are usually "DO NOT DISPLAY BEFORE XX/XX/XX". I've had them on a few games that were big preorder titles... FM4 was one, I think Crackdown might've been another.

Pretty much every Microsoft game has them - especially the bigger stuff (Halo, Fable, Gears). Those are the only ones I've seen them on.

Unfortunately, I can't add to the story - since I wasn't given a sealed copy (which more than likely would've had that sticker on there).

midonnay

I don't get why Apple didn't know about the problem beforehand.....what happened to beta testing?

or did they know it and made a calculated gamble that users would just put up with it.

Jintor

Can you tell me why Ubisoft don't want me to play this game on my birthday on my glorious PC machine?

Dev guy said that they focus on console first because of cert procedure for Microsoft and Sony is more onerous... and also Ubisoft makes them do it for reasons unknown. ("But probably piracy")

fallbackpants said:
And Jint I can't bring myself to read more than about two pages of the excommunicate thread. Is it fair to say most of the complaints in there are that firacos hasn't just given the old game modern graphics?

streamlining is bad! complexity ftw! dumbing down! rarr rarr rarr

Choc

Banned
It just gets worse and worse

"Meagher had fallen asleep in front of the television late on Friday night and missed a text from his wife saying, ''Meet me at the pub.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/police-feared-more-killings-20120928-26qql.html#ixzz27mLWOi42"

Its seriously like a whole bunch of events and planets aligned for this tragedy to occur.

Its really quite fucking crazy when you think about it

Dead Man

It just gets worse and worse

"Meagher had fallen asleep in front of the television late on Friday night and missed a text from his wife saying, ''Meet me at the pub.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/police-feared-more-killings-20120928-26qql.html#ixzz27mLWOi42"

Its seriously like a whole bunch of events and planets aligned for this tragedy to occur.

Its really quite fucking crazy when you think about it
Not to diminish the tragedy (proceeds to diminish the tragedy) but most events are like that when looked at under the same scrutiny this is getting,.
Haven't slept. Got work in an hour. Kill me.

No.

Edit: LOL

Quite the classy joint.
OH MY GOD WHY DID NOBODY STOP HIM OH MY GOD GOD IT HURTS FROM MY EYES TO MY BRAIN WHY DID THEY ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED HOW CAN WE PREVENT THAT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN WHY WHY WHY AUSGAF WHY DID THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?!?!?

On a much different topic, I did happen to view that Looper movie, last night. It may be the first time in a very long while that I've seen a film knowing absolutely nothing about it before walking in. Using the Rotten Tomato style grading scheme, I would give it the thumbs up. Not ohmygoshnessitsthebestest but not pooperfodder like Inception. Could be worth a second viewing down the line to spot more paradoxes.

Creepy fucking kid, yo. Kill it with fire.

On a much different topic, I did happen to view that Looper movie, last night. It may be the first time in a very long while that I've seen a film knowing absolutely nothing about it before walking in. Using the Rotten Tomato style grading scheme, I would give it the thumbs up. Not ohmygoshnessitsthebestest but not pooperfodder like Inception. Could be worth a second viewing down the line to spot more paradoxes.

Going to use up tonight going to see it since the little guy is out of town, should probably use the time cleaning/studying/rearranging house but eh. Will smuggle in a thermos of scotch and some pop rocks.

I hate gift cards
I will take any horrible, offensive gift cards from your possession and save you the pain. Because I like you. And because I'm just that type of guy.

You're welcome.

Going to use up tonight going to see it since the little guy is out of town, should probably use the time cleaning/studying/rearranging house but eh. Will smuggle in a thermos of scotch and some pop rocks.
Clean now, watch later! Win/Win. Net/Net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom