• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
THE Fair Work Ombudsman has warned companies that bosses who try to attend their employees' doctor appointments would be in breach of the Fair Work Act.
The warning comes after unions expressed fears that a growing number of managers were attending doctors' appointments with ill workers - and in some cases tried to alter medical certificates to bring them back to work sooner.
''The Fair Work Ombudsman does not consider that it is reasonable for an employer to seek to attend a medical appointment with the employee for this purpose and views this as a breach of the employee's privacy,'' a statement said.
''[The ombudsman] does not condone or support this behaviour … unless specifically requested to do so by the employee.''
Advertisement
Yesterday, law firm Maurice Blackburn's industrial law principal, Kamal Farouque, said he was ''troubled'' by what he saw as a rise in cases in which employers communicated directly with an employee's doctor.
''I've seen instances where employers have sought to go along to those appointments, or in fact have rung the doctor directly and tried to talk to the doctor,'' he said.
He had also noticed a growing trend in companies using medical testing to weed out unproductive employees.
''I don't think there are enough protections for workers and we need some examination of this issue,'' he said.
ACTU assistant secretary Michael Borowick welcomed the ombudsman's comments.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/d...-work-warns-20120927-26o73.html#ixzz27jOzutl4

lol whichever company that is can go fuck itself in its anus

You guys need to try some proper bacon. You won't be saying that smack talk then.
Truer words were never spoken.

✘
pictures-from-the-computer-003-e1324055625558.jpg

✔
crispy_bacon_4.jpg

THE Fair Work Ombudsman has warned companies that bosses who try to attend their employees' doctor appointments would be in breach of the Fair Work Act.
Wut.

in lighter news Andrew Johns is the 8th Rugby League immortal

QLD will be furious

Just to necro this. Joey is great and deserves to be there, but I think it's a bit soon for him.

I mean Mal and Provan were amazing players who I still think deserve Immortals, Mal especially. And whenever this happens again they'll have to take on modern greats like Lockyer (who should get in too). It should have been Mal this time and then Joey and Locky together next time. They were always on field rivals, would have been only right.

I think the Queensland outrage (which hasn't really happened, at least around me) is less about Mal and more about how feel Queenslanders have been named Immortals. And what in god's name does Alfy have to do to get a mention?

legend166

Isn't the whole immortal thing just some moniker given by a magazine? Or have they actually turned it into a legit hall of fame thing now?

Deeku

There was a large group of folks in the court doing something embarrassing to the tune of Gangnam Style on Wednesday afternoon.

I was prepared to feel massively embarrassed for you, but you weren't among them.
:lol

I don't think I've heard the song yet. I just know a dude walks down a horse shed.

Dead Man

The warning comes after unions expressed fears that a growing number of managers were attending doctors' appointments with ill workers - and in some cases tried to alter medical certificates to bring them back to work sooner.
''The Fair Work Ombudsman does not consider that it is reasonable for an employer to seek to attend a medical appointment with the employee for this purpose and views this as a breach of the employee's privacy,'' a statement said.
''[The ombudsman] does not condone or support this behaviour … unless specifically requested to do so by the employee.''
Advertisement
Yesterday, law firm Maurice Blackburn's industrial law principal, Kamal Farouque, said he was ''troubled'' by what he saw as a rise in cases in which employers communicated directly with an employee's doctor.
''I've seen instances where employers have sought to go along to those appointments, or in fact have rung the doctor directly and tried to talk to the doctor,'' he said.
He had also noticed a growing trend in companies using medical testing to weed out unproductive employees.
''I don't think there are enough protections for workers and we need some examination of this issue,'' he said.
ACTU assistant secretary Michael Borowick welcomed the ombudsman's comments.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/d...-work-warns-20120927-26o73.html#ixzz27jOzutl4

lol whichever company that is can go fuck itself in its anus

What the fucking fuck? Speaking of a sense of entitlement. Jesus christ. I hope all the doctors they tried this with told them to go suck a fuck.

A business owner came into my work and was advising my boss that he should do this
WHAT THE FUCK?

senahorse

Just to necro this. Joey is great and deserves to be there, but I think it's a bit soon for him.

I mean Mal and Provan were amazing players who I still think deserve Immortals, Mal especially. And whenever this happens again they'll have to take on modern greats like Lockyer (who should get in too). It should have been Mal this time and then Joey and Locky together next time. They were always on field rivals, would have been only right.

I think the Queensland outrage (which hasn't really happened, at least around me) is less about Mal and more about how feel Queenslanders have been named Immortals. And what in god's name does Alfy have to do to get a mention?

I agree with everything you have said here. I was surprised, not that Joey got in, but that Mal didn't.

The song has become cancer, I hate it. You know something's been done and dusted when JAY LENO makes a joke about it on his show.

It makes me really sad, because its kinda catchy :( But it seems like its only popular because "LOL FAT ASIAN MAN IS DANCING" and now its really over-saturated.

There was this random drama on the Korean station last week where the family was eating dinner and then they just started dancing to it. Then the scene ended and they never spoke of it again. It was so dumb, 'hey look, lets put a popular reference in!!'.

It makes me really sad, because its kinda catchy :( But it seems like its only popular because "LOL FAT ASIAN MAN IS DANCING" and now its really over-saturated.

There was this random drama on the Korean station last week where the family was eating dinner and then they just started dancing to it. Then the scene ended and they never spoke of it again. It was so dumb, 'hey look, lets put a popular reference in!!'.

I don't really like k pop (or the song) and I have a bunch of mates who love the song and love it because of the film clip. But not because he's a fat asian man, but because his dance is fuck off rad and the whole thing is ridiculous.

midonnay

I just find it funny that the breakthrough korean hit in the West is a fat asian man doing a horsey dance :3

like the record companies in Korea must be scratching their heads....

Fusebox

Banned
The Stephen Colbert of k-pop, lol hadn't heard that one.

They did a good skit about it on SNL this week, complete with the actual guy coming out at the end and doing the dance. I was amused.

I don't really like k pop (or the song) and I have a bunch of mates who love the song and love it because of the film clip. But not because he's a fat asian man, but because his dance is fuck off rad and the whole thing is ridiculous.

I'm sure that's how it got popular, and most of my friends seem to like it for the same reason. I guess since it hit airwaves though the more erm.. bogan population has come into contact with the song and it seems to have gone a bit that way.

Rahk

Rahk, are you getting DJMax vita now or waiting for the US release?
I haven't quite decided yet. I'd get the JP version but I'm thinking the DLC will be more expensive and I also need to get around to ordering another memory card. I might just end up waiting since I have a lot of other stuff to play in the meantime. What about you?

Its not going to result in K Pop becoming popular outside of Korea. Its called a novelty hit or one-hit wonder.

See also: shaduppa you face, sucker DJ, put another log on the fire, star trekkin, stutter rap, save your love, etc.

Deeku

Oh so kpop won't take over the world? Phew!

Rahk said:
I haven't quite decided yet. I'd get the JP version but I'm thinking the DLC will be more expensive and I also need to get around to ordering another memory card. I might just end up waiting since I have a lot of other stuff to play in the meantime. What about you?
I dunno, I was just asking for your expert opinion!

But yeah I'm undecided too. I probably won't get DLC since it's a hassle to deal with multiple accounts and stuff (main account is au), so I might just wait a bit as well. Won't miss out on anything if we wait though, right?

Salazar

Its not going to result in K Pop becoming popular outside of Korea.

Kpop is already stupidly popular throughout Asia. To the point where cultural departments of different S.E. Asian countries get enormously pissy and try to hold it down, and Japanese nationalists freak the fuck out.

And the shows in Europe do better than ok. It's highly possible for it to be popular around the world without "cracking the US".

Korean variety tv is the real gem, though. The West has a fucking lot to learn from them in that respect.

Rahk

But yeah I'm undecided too. I probably won't get DLC since it's a hassle to deal with multiple accounts and stuff (main account is au), so I might just wait a bit as well. Won't miss out on anything if we wait though, right?
As far as I'm aware they both have the same song list, but I could be wrong. I guess they could have Japan specific DLC, but every previous JP DJMax release hasn't had any Japanese music in it so maybe not! I presume all versions will be pretty much the same.

Deeku

As far as I'm aware they both have the same song list, but I could be wrong. I guess they could have Japan specific DLC, but every previous JP DJMax release hasn't had any Japanese music in it so maybe not! I presume all versions will be pretty much the same.
Cool, I'll just wait then. Need to play more Miku anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom