• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez that Adam Goodes, in the last few minutes he had two crunching hip and shoulders on the half backline within about 5 seconds. Fantastic stuff.

I am now not using the term Knut, but will instead use Alan Jones.

A382wZOCYAAkVIL.jpg

And news printed it. Awful.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY FUCK

How does that get approved? Like at all? I am literally stunned.

Does journalism even mean anything any more? I'm not going to tar everyone with the same brush but there is no way you should publish anything like that. ESPECIALLY when it is the Prime Minister! The PM is shown less respect than criminals in the country, what a disgrace.

Jintor

Jeez that Adam Goodes, in the last few minutes he had two crunching hip and shoulders on the half backline within about 5 seconds. Fantastic stuff.

Does journalism even mean anything any more? I'm not going to tar everyone with the same brush but there is no way you should publish anything like that. ESPECIALLY when it is the Prime Minister! The PM is shown less respect than criminals in the country, what a disgrace.

Did you know that dead people can't sue for defamation? Their estates might be able to though.

What Jones said is bullshit. But as a journalist if he said that to me you'd bet I'd fucking report it. Why shouldn't the public know that he is an insensitive prick? The man is a well known public figure, he has influence, people should know he's a gigantic nob

Edit: the story isn't agreeing with Jones. The story is making public his outrageous comment. Look at the poll on the website: has Alan Jones finally gone too far? That story needed to be published.

What Jones said is bullshit. But as a journalist if he said that to me you'd bet I'd fucking report it. Why shouldn't the public know that he is an insensitive prick? The man is a well known public figure, he has influence, people should know he's a gigantic nob

Edit: the story isn't agreeing with Jones. The story is making public his outrageous comment. Look at the poll on the website: has Alan Jones finally gone too far? That story needed to be published.

Yeah, I mistook it as a column or something, didn't realise it was something he said at a Young Libs gig. It should absolutely be reported on, though perhaps with a more appropriate headline like Karmichael King Kontinues.

Just a pity he wasn't trying to pull his own Jonestown with the Young Libs.

Headline should have been something like Alan Jones with disgraceful comments, not bringing out the 'died of shame' line again.

Glad the article is calling him on his shit though, couldn't read anything with the tiny picture.

Choc

Banned
Ray Hadley started stop the trolls because he got an insult about his dead father

the daily telegraph is a fucking disgrace and their smug focus on ABC mediawatch in todays paper was disgraceful as well

'12 months for media watch to apologise'

ok karmichaels, how about apologizing for all the rubbish you print just once?

Shaneus

There shouldn't be a place on this Earth for people that espouse such vitriolic nastiness, let alone continue to allow them an elevated place in the media.

The story should actually be "Bitter Asshole Spouts Shock To Try and Remain in Public Eye".
That reminds me, what ever happened to Doug Mulray or Kyle Sandilands?

Because Carmageddon just got released on GOG and I need put all that in-game practice to real-life use.

On another note, I just found out that Jesper Kyd did the soundtrack to Darkstalkers 2. Is it any good?

That reminds me, what ever happened to Doug Mulray or Kyle Sandilands?

Because Carmageddon just got released on GOG and I need put all that in-game practice to real-life use.
Mulray has retired and has withdrawn almost completely from the public's eye.

Sandilands still exists, probably in too many places, making far too much money for being, let's face it, nothing more than a "nob of note." He does, however, only currently appear on radio, which allows him to be offensive to only one of the senses.

Shaneus

Fuck, I keep typing Darkstalkers. I remember doing it on Twitter a few months back as well :/

Jase: You know far too much about either of those guys. Seek help, please. It's for your own good.

Fuck, I keep typing Darkstalkers. I remember doing it on Twitter a few months back as well :/

I do it all the time, so you're not alone. It was even worse when we were doing some promo stuff for Darksiders II, and I swear everytime I did it, I wrote Darkstalkers.

Shaneus

Hey guys, just reading through some comments on Kotaku on PAX-AUS next year, and just wanted some clarification: Is it another PAX that runs as well as the regular PAX in the US, or is this the only PAX that is run in 2013 *at all*?

I suppose it could be a travelling convention, as with a lot of conferences. I very much doubt it though, and expect it'll be in addition to PAX Prime and PAX East.

Shaneus

Straight over your head, eh? I was referring to the fact that that was news Choc had delivered us numerous times this week, so was Chocing out to mock Holy for his Choc'd post.

Dang, quickly read across the thread and Jintor's post threw me off and made me think you guys were being serious. Oh well!

Still don't enjoy farmers markets. I guess I'm still too young. They had a bitchin' arcade machine though!

Homemade hotdogs and new Big Bang Theory made for a delightful lunch too!

Eh, I don't see anything overly terrible about it. It has become rather repetitive and has boring stretches but is one of the few remaining family entertainment shows that we can have on in the background while we have a meal and chat, like Modern Family.

Futurama has gone to shit recently which was the other.

The Walking Dead laughs in all your faces. You probably like TL2 for the excessive achievement list. ;)

Heh, loved the first episode but waiting 1-2 months between episodes sucks balls and ruins the flow of the narrative for me so I am waiting until they are all released to play them in a row.

The first Borderlands game didnt really grab me when i first got it (would have been in early 2010). I got about 10 hours in before i got sidetracked by other games and decided to sell it. But with BL2 coming' i decided to give the first one a few more hours and rebought it to play. My intention was a few more hours of BL1, then Sleeping Dogs and then BL2.
Well, 3 years later, the first game finally clicked with me. So much so, that i started BL2 the day after finishing the first one, despite the grindy nature of the game- something i normally hate. To me the thing that elevates it is the humour. The first game didnt eally do a great job of conveying the slightly fucked up situation on Pandora. But they guys they had writing BL2 have done an excellent job. Its funny as all fuck, in a way that most sitcoms could only aspire too- have you watched that show with the girl with the big boobs that isnt very funny, you know the one i'm talking about?
actually thats pretty much all of them but im not complaining
. Definitely the best 'funny' writing since Portal 2.

I also tend to like more SF-oriented RPGs.

Shaneus

Futurama has gone to shit recently which was the other.
How recently? I've found that a really good episode of the most recent series is on par with a slightly above average original run episode. You didn't like the one with Oktoberfest etc.?

PS. That Nexus 7 looks My-T-Sharp, but my next tablet *will* be a mini iPad so I can still use all my iOS shit when I ditch the phone to get a Lumia 920.

Jintor

My hat is in the ring for XCOM, Tokyo Jungle, Journey, FTL, and The Walking Dead. Honorary mentions to Kid Icarus and Spec Ops and... uh... Tribes Ascend?

Can't wait to check ACIII properly and Dishonoured and Hitman...

Also Dark Souls released on PC this year, what about that

hamchan

I think I can start playing Dota 2 again with my assignments nearly done and the amazing looking 6.75 patch coming out soon.

GOTY? I think it's been a pretty weak year so I can only think of:

Walking Dead
Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6 (Went in with low expectations so it's a surprise I enjoyed it so much)

...That's it. I didn't play much this year apparently.

I predict we'll see a lot of Sleeping Dogs on people's lists.

Kritz

Banned
Mine will be something like a mix of Journey, Walking Dead, Spec Ops, The Darkness 2, Sleeping Dogs, Max Payne 3 and some other stuff.

But I'd need to think on it for a bit longer. Instead of making a website to enable me to think about it for a bit longer.

hamchan

What are the things you liked?

A greater variety of environments compared to RE5. Some really creepy ones too.

The stop and aim gameplay is gone and it feels much better as a result. Camera is a bit wonky though.

It's more challenging even with the better controls and even with the return of slow zombies. These enemies hurt so much.

3 campaigns, each around 7-9 hours long, with a 4th, shorter, secret campaign. So that's great value for money right there and then there's mercenaries, agent hunt (You invade other people's games like Dark Souls and play as the bad guys), replays on higher difficulties, and all the collectables.

Negative are the QTEs. Some of them are a bit much and didn't need to be QTEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom