• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rk2ZT.jpg

Vandals have graffitied the State Parliament building in Melbourne with swastikas. The Nazi symbols were spray-painted on three light columns at the Spring Street entrance to the parliament.

Hmm, thought they would have proper security to prevent this kind of thing.

Thanks for the nappy tips gents! Maybe I ought to start off with a selection of different ones. It's too bad you can't get nappy sampler boxes with different varieties and stuff.

Is there a Costco in Brisbane?

Also, that movie What to Expect When You're Expecting is way funnier than I gave it credit for. The trailers made it look like a pile of crap starring Cameron Diaz. Also, a lot of the jokes are starting to hit a lot closer to home, which helps.

The guy who did absolutely nothing on our group project from last year posted this on his indie studio's Facebook:

I'm meant to be working on the U.I. but that guitar is just -asking- to be re-stringed!

~Rohan

I really want to post something scathing like "But the question is, you never used to do work, so why would that change?"

Shaneus

Rk2ZT.jpg

Hmm, thought they would have proper security to prevent this kind of thing.
24/7? It was done some time early this morning and by the time I went for my lunchtime walk there was absolutely zero trace of anything there. The guards who were on the first shift noticed as soon as they got there and there's CCTV footage. Not sure what else you'd expect...

Hit up whatever baby related shut us near you, community centres, etc. You will end up with a bunch of one off samplers, for lack of a better word.

Also couldn't stomach that movie as someone who now has a kid.

Deeku

So dinner with friends I haven't seen in yeeeeears was weird, but wasn't too bad. Finding out people are getting married and getting a sympathy probably non-serious invite was...yeah lol.

Changing unis really screwed up my previously neat circles of friends:(

Clipper

Board Game AusGAF, I just backed a new project designed to make transporting games a hell of a lot easier, called The Keep. It's a guy doing a modular bag with customisable casing to hold cards, boards, pieces and everything else. They were originally going with molded plastic for the whole thing, but are now going with a textile approach for the outer bag and board bag, and it seems pretty cool. They still have molded plastic for the smaller containers for holding cards and tokens/dice/etc, and you can configure them how you need them via dividers.

I also managed to get in on the early bird tier for one of these things for once! Here's the KS link for those interested.

Exactly. How could they possibly prevent that happening around the clock? 24hr guards? Which buildings should they guard, given the graffiti appeared on two buildings in the CBD?

Well security there is non existent, I used to go past there while walking from uni to parliament station and never saw a single person after 7-8pm.

Darklord

Banned
Why are there Magpies awake at 2am? They keep doing this and wake up at like 1am warbling or whatever that noise is they make. You are not owls, go the fuck to sleep!

Shaneus

Well security there is non existent, I used to go past there while walking from uni to parliament station and never saw a single person after 7-8pm.
But why would they have security stationed there 24/7? I'm sure there's patrol cars that go past every few hours or something (maybe), but to say that a specific government building doesn't have guards out the front for every hour of the day is a little bit much, isn't it?

I'm sure our divorce papers will read, "won't stop doing annoying shit like blowing bubbles with saliva or pretending to breath underwater like a fish"

jambo

Found this at my parents last night, so stoked. Thought I'd lost it!

lp7wNl.png

Also found my old Tarzo collection and my HR Giger Necronomicon book.

Kritz

Banned
I still have the Tarzo of bart flashing his pooper, somewhere.

... I was mostly into the Dragonball Z tarzos, though. I bought so many fucking chip packets.

Deeku

I'm forever blowing bubbles. Just sayin'.
Bubbles are rad! Did a lot of bubbling last week while I had a kid staying with me. She couldn't figure out to blow softly for more bubbles, so I just went to toys r us and bought like a bubble gun thing. UP TO 1000 BUBBLES A MINUTE is what it said on the box lol. Good fun.

Also they had nerf miniguns:O

Kritz

Banned
Bubbles are rad! Did a lot of bubbling last week while I had a kid staying with me. She couldn't figure out to blow softly for more bubbles, so I just went to toys r us and bought like a bubble gun thing. UP TO 1000 BUBBLES A MINUTE is what it said on the box lol. Good fun.

Also they had nerf miniguns:O

I have a photo somewhere of me and my friend's nerf armoury. We have two of the miniguns, five stampedes, an ungodly amount of recons and marvericks. And some other assorted battery powered or other guns.

I will try and dig it up later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom