• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why atheist communities tend to be circle-jerks is because the primary shared experience that they have is persecution (across the entire spectrum of severity).

Well, that's what I think, anyway.
Religion - "I believe and have faith that this is true!"
Atheist - "pics or gtfo!"

Religion - "I believe and have faith that this is true!"
Atheist - "pics or gtfo!"

Hahaha..

I'm really surprised at the number of people I know in Melbourne who are atheist or non-religious. There is a stereotype about Australia that it prides itself on being a white and christian nation, and people ask me all the time if I get racially abused. When I tell them otherwise, they don't believe it.

Choc

Banned
There are no words.......

A4VbWOSCcAEi8ec.jpg:large

I could not disagree more with Jasmin's overall stance.

Her views on ducks, however, regarding their threat to humanity are completely in line with my own.

Oh yea on my macbook air. Woo etc

I'm broke now. $1200 on a machine and $300 on the dentist this morning. I also need to buy lunch. Ruh-Roh.

I should be doing work but too busy messing around with this thing.

For the ausgaf mac lovers, Any particular applications I should get for this thing?
I think you have a pretty good handle on this stuff don't you? But some things of the miscellaneous things I use:
  • Flip4Mac (Windows Media codecs)
  • LittleSnitch (for checking outgoing network connections)
  • MacTubes (for keeping YouTube vids)
  • Pastor (for encrypting sensitive data - haven't tested it with 10.7 or 10.8 though)
  • Perian (libav codecs for QuickTime)
  • Phoenix Slides (simple slideshow program)
  • TheUnarchiver (for working with compressed files)
  • Transmit (best FTP interface I've ever seen)
  • VLC (Perian renders it a little bit redundant, but good as a backup)

Their reign will usher in a period of great human suffering. Blood will be spilled. Cries of anguish will echo throughout the streets. The tears of humanity will not sway them from their goal, it will all be like water off a duck's back to them.

Edit: You will rue the day you mocked this, jambo. They will overthrow humanity and those that they do not kill will be set to work as slaves. They will have no power. Ducks will have all the power. Their Bill of Rights will be afforded to us.

jambo

Edit: You will rue the day you mocked this, jambo. They will overthrow humanity and those that they do not kill will be set to work as slaves. They will have no power. Ducks will have all the power. Their Bill of Rights will be afforded to us.

I know a few doctors, I'll be protected.

senahorse

"If a woman walks into some bar in Sydney, she will be ogled, she will be treated as an object and that's the way it is. She doesn't have to walk into those bars."

Fordham finally interjected: "What? What? Gary, are you serious? You are saying when a woman walks into a bar, so if my wife and some of her colleagues were to go out tonight and have a drink, they can expect someone to say s ... me off you dumb dog?"

Nice...

Shaneus

That was fantastic. Will now endeavour to obtain as many of the episodes as possible. At least, the ones hosted by Brydon.

Thanks for the heads-up, my previously scarce TV-viewing schedule has now been filled slightly :)

Edit: That comment from the Jaycar guy. If he just said "If a woman walks into some bar in Sydney, she will be ogled, she will be treated as an object... it's sad but that happens. I'm not going to defend these blokes but..." then he might've gotten away with it. But to actually use that as an excuse, what a fucking dolt. Another thought: Jaycar's CEO is a woman! Very weird that he'd make that statement.

Choc

Banned
What the bulldogs said is ridiculous and bad

BUT

if it is indeed true that channel 9 was using some high tech fucking listening devices to listen through walls rather then just hear it with ears etc.

then channel 9 can go fuck itself.

Fredescu

They're animals, but that kind of reporting is pretty seedy. I remember reporters requested via the celebrant to talk to me after my wedding (nothing special, just the date it was on). I said no, but they came anyway and tried to talk to me. I was pretty annoyed about that. If I had the disability of being a rugby league player, I reckon I might have reacted similarly.

Choc

Banned
Tinfoil hat in me says channel 9 sent a female reporter on purpose, and on purpose to the bulldogs on a morning they clearly would be very hungover and likely to say bad things.

why is mad monday even covered in the media anyway, seriously.

Fred it was 10/10/10 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom