• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Très Bien do it as well - morose dudes with stupendously awful hair

lXzQM.jpg

Nothing beats ASOS, tho.

Deeku

Nah Sune's (lol I can't believe I know his name...) alright. At least he looks at the camera! And doesn't have weird dopey eyes.

That coat's pretty nice, I'm in the market for a long coat/parka at the moment.

Deeku

I just ate a really crummy apple:/ I hate it when it looks/feels all crunchy and delish from the outside, but when you bite in it's just soft, kinda mushy and...not crunchy.

Frozen oranges sound...chills running down spine inducing.

Today: Went to Game Tentaiden, THREE separate Super Potatoes, Mandarake Grandchaos (bought what I hope is a complete FC Zelda cart) and drank and played video games at Space Station (a bar with consoles and a shitload of games to play) while listening to obnoxiously loud chiptunes and the Brit working lamenting Melbourne got a PAX before UK/Europe.

And other stuff, but you don't care about that. Unlikely to be heaps of video game stuff for the next week or so.

Yeah apc's alright too, quite like some of their stuff. Arrgh really want to go to london/europe, seems like a good place to go with someone...just need to find that someone first!

I tried on a pair of church shoes, bad idea, now I need a pair.

Its not too bad by yourself, but a 2nd would be nice.

Stackboy

Neighbour is using a circular saw at 12:32 am

Fuuuck, man. Let that shit wait. It ain't safe.

Go tell them to shuddup.

Signing in as a christian here. Don't really care if we don't share the same spiritual beliefs, or you disagree with mine. I still like you guys.

Hooray for this time of year when lots of cool good games come out!

Last night in Borderlands 2, within 30 minutes I picked up a teleporting grenade that catches things on fire (mostly flesh) and gives me health back, also a pistol that seems to shoot explosions. Not rockets, explosions. It's really inaccurate though, but I can forgive that.

Raxum

Last night in Borderlands 2, within 30 minutes I picked up a teleporting grenade that catches things on fire (mostly flesh) and gives me health back, also a pistol that seems to shoot explosions. Not rockets, explosions. It's really inaccurate though, but I can forgive that.

A friend and I killed Pimon and Tumbaa last night and got some awesome legendaries, he got a tediore shotgun that when you throw it, it homes in on an enemy and shoots at them while flying towards them. Damn funny to watch and does a fair amount of damage. I got a shield that has an almost 40% chance to absorb ammo, and recharges itself from shock damage.

BL2 is fun.

Omikron

Desperate times for Tony Abbott and his opinions / treatment of women, he has dragged his wife up on Channel 9 this morning.

Salazar

Yar. So nice.

My next pair are Mark McNairy blue suede loafers with a sort of yellow trim. I kind of need to earn them somehow, in a non-financial sense, though. Need to achieve something.

Desperate times for Tony Abbott and his opinions / treatment of women, he has dragged his wife up on Channel 9 this morning.

She sounds like she suffers from the preliminary stages of a Janette Howard ego.

Mrs Abbott, who runs a community based childcare centre, will add that "I am an ordinary person, who experiences life's satisfactions and tribulations no more and no less than the next person, however, I do find myself in an extraordinary situation.

"Our lives are not extraordinary, they are very ordinary, it's just that we now happen to be in an extraordinary situation."

Omikron

Its like: Hey, I really really like my husband, he is a great guy.

Pretty sure my wife likes me just a bit as well. Doesn't discount me from being a complete Knut.

Did anyone see ABC News 24 Breakfast this morning?

The sports guy was asked who his favourite Bond is (in honour of Global James Bond Day).

His answer?

"Matt Damon"

Awkward gold ensued.

Jintor

Go tell them to shuddup.

Signing in as a christian here. Don't really care if we don't share the same spiritual beliefs, or you disagree with mine. I still like you guys.

dead to me! You're excommunicated from the glorious athiest church of ausgaf! you're a loose canon, stackboy, hand in your badge!

Stackboy

You are playing on PeeCee Stackboy? Whats your Steam linky?

Blocked at work, will post tonight. I have a lvl 21 commando running solo if you want to party up and a level 18 Gunzerker I'm playing with friends.

dead to me! You're excommunicated from the glorious athiest church of ausgaf! you're a loose canon, stackboy, hand in your badge!

Oh man, I didn't even get to spend time with my badge!

Deeku

And other stuff, but you don't care about that. Unlikely to be heaps of video game stuff for the next week or so.
I care! Screw games, make me jelly about you seeing all the cool japanese culture stuff!

bodyboarder said:
That's how they get you. "Maybe just try them on and see how they look"

Salazar said:
My next pair are Mark McNairy blue suede loafers with a sort of yellow trim
Ooo yeah McNairy. I wouldn't mind a pair of those suede derby shoes that they seem to make a lot of.

I have become a fan of Tod's. Driving mocassins!

senahorse

AusGAF beer drinkers.

So it's coming into summer and my beer intake has increased nearly exponentially, so I am trying to find a decent beer that doesn't break the bank. I usually have expensive tastes but I don't mind cheaper beer, and I like most kinds e.g. ales, lagers, pilsners etc (probably nothing really sweet so I guess ciders are out and I don't really like dark/thick beer) so have it ausgaf, some suggestions.

Hey, Sega fans.

It's an awesome day to be a fan of Sega. Why?

Nights and Sonic Adventure 2 just came out on PSN (with an XBLA release on Friday or something and PC as yet unknown (but coming!))
Project Hell Yeah! has been released
JSR HD has been out for a little bit now, is good.
There's a new Zaxxon game out on iOS.

Yup, feelin' pretty good right about now.

Is JSR HD actually good though? I saw a thing and apparently it don't play so good

edit: also wtf is project hell yeah. what systems is it on. what type of game is it? the ot and the site tell me nothing.

Project Hell Yeah is free on PSN+ right now, pretty sure it is on Steam right now too. Try the demo!

AusGAF beer drinkers.

So it's coming into summer and my beer intake has increased nearly exponentially, so I am trying to find a decent beer that doesn't break the bank. I usually have expensive tastes but I don't mind cheaper beer, and I like most kinds e.g. ales, lagers, pilsners etc (probably nothing really sweet so I guess ciders are out and I don't really like dark/thick beer) so have it ausgaf, some suggestions.

Cheap cheap? Like beer pong cheap?
12053_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569835766829.jpg

Usually goes for $30 for the block. Not salty. Not watery. Notbad.jpg

senahorse

Project Hell Yeah is free on PSN+ right now, pretty sure it is on Steam right now too. Try the demo!

Cheap cheap? Like beer pong cheap?
12053_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569835766829.jpg

Usually goes for $30 for the block. Not salty. Not watery. Notbad.jpg

Looks interesting, as in an aldi branded beer lol. I might grab a couple as a taster. Also I bought Hell Yeah on Steam, played a bit last night, game is really fun and the music is fantastic.

So yeah anything up to $50 is fine, but the cheaper the better.

Hollandia, a Heineken rip off is pretty good. $30 as well.

Was looking at that one as well as Oettinger.

Omikron

AusGAF beer drinkers.

You can pickup imported Becks fairly cheap on sale. I would go that. Don't listen to rep's recommendation. Cats piss is being kind.

:(

Also Aldi currently have 6 packs of imported Becks/Stella for $10 so $40 for a slab isn't too bad considering how damn tasty they are (Stella especially).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i own 2 pairs of shoes.

one is a black pair i wear maybe once a month for meetings.

the other pair i wear every day, work ,weekends, everywhere.

does that hurt you.

does it.

i will wear them until they fall apart too. then buy another pair.

Shaneus

:(

Also Aldi currently have 6 packs of imported Becks/Stella for $10 so $40 for a slab isn't too bad considering how damn tasty they are (Stella especially).
Okay. I was close to buying some of these the other week, but saw they were from the UK and apparently the UK stuff isn't a pinch of shit against the Belgian-brewed gear. Is it not even worth the 6 for a tenner?

Oh, and if you guys aren't hard-set on sticking to beers, I can heartily recommend the Twin Oaks (or Two Oaks? Or Dual Oaks?) apple cider. It's surprisingly good and also, surprisingly cheap.

senahorse

You have to have dedicated lawn mowing shoes or you turn your regular shoes green.

Stop mowing in the wet :D. I just used it recently as an excuse to get new shoes, "I can get some cheap shoes, OR, how about a I retire my current ones and get a new pair and use the old for mowing". Worked a treat :)

Also did I tell you I picked up a new husqvarna blower/vacuum and whipper snipper, my garden shed is becoming quite equipped :)

Also Boags Draught: http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_378990/james-boag-s-draught-cans-30-block

Not great, but if I am forced to drink from a can, not the worst! Also, cheap.

Kingfisher isn't that pricey: http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_904993/kingfisher-lager

Awesome, I have quite a few beers to try. And if all else fails I have a slab of Coopers Pale Ale and Hoegaarden at home to help wash them down.

One pair of $17 black shoes from KMart, replaced every 6 months or so, for work.
One pair of cheapo surf brand "shoes" from Torquay for yardwork
One pair of skate shoes for getting around casual in

Probably should get some runners though

Also Shaneus I thought the Becks/Stella were brewed in Germany/Belgium and imported through there?

Fredescu

Stop mowing in the wet :D. I just used it recently as an excuse to get new shoes, "I can get some cheap shoes, OR, how about a I retire my current ones and get a new pair and use the old for mowing". Worked a treat :)
Man, not being able to mow the lawn because it's wet is like excuse #1 on the list. It gets used frequently. My old yard had one part of the lawn that stayed wet for a while though so it was hard to avoid. I also use retired shoes for mowing.

Also did I tell you I picked up a new husqvarna blower/vacuum and whipper snipper, my garden shed is becoming quite equipped :)
Link? Been thinking about a vacuum.

Jintor

I can't believe we're on the doorstep of XCOM, Dishonoured, Hitman, Far Cry 3, and Assassins' Creed 3, but the thing I most want to play right now is the new goddamn Sim City

it just looks awesome

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can't believe we're on the doorstep of XCOM, Dishonoured, Hitman, Far Cry 3, and Assassins' Creed 3, but the thing I most want to play right now is the new goddamn Sim City

it just looks awesome

VIDEO

GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom