• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're open to the possibility.
All I know is my gut says maybe.

What the bulldogs said is ridiculous and bad

BUT

if it is indeed true that channel 9 was using some high tech fucking listening devices to listen through walls rather then just hear it with ears etc.

then channel 9 can go fuck itself.
Reads that they were across the road and the players were yelling out the window at them.

Nah, a few years earlier, but something like that.
01/01/01?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'll let you know about the rest on Friday.

Is there some sort of ticket I can buy that will just cover everything for two days in Melbourne?

buy a myki card for $10

then put $20 credit on it

also don't catch a bus as the system will get you lost.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'll let you know about the rest on Friday.

Is there some sort of ticket I can buy that will just cover everything for two days in Melbourne?

Get a myki and then throw a 2 day pass on it. Don't bother with the money, it will chew through it like mad.

Look at how far you intend to travel out. if you're just in the city then get a zone 1 2 day pass on the card. Should do you fine.

As for the Application. Make sure you're not using the metlink app that attempts to figure out where you are. Get the classic applications, it's a fucking million times more usable.

This is the application you want - http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/public-transport-victoria/id523398723?mt=8

:D

Glad you liked it, I was actually half expecting a "wtf is this shit" reaction to the place lol.

Haha. The apc store across the road was pretty nice as well. Never ventured over Dover st last visit, some very nicen stuff over that way.

Oh yea on my macbook air. Woo etc

I'm broke now. $1200 on a machine and $300 on the dentist this morning. I also need to buy lunch. Ruh-Roh.

I should be doing work but too busy messing around with this thing.

For the ausgaf mac lovers, Any particular applications I should get for this thing?

Paragon ntfs.

They certainly are diversifying.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
oh my world Tokyo Jungle is really good

and so is Borderlands 2

and Dishonoured will be good!

videogames you guys! videogames!

Shaneus

All I know is my gut says maybe.
If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello".

Fake edit: Vooks is going to be in Melbourne this weekend? Or next or something?

Bah, he's ditching us :(

Real edit: Dead Island for $8. That's cheap, innit?

Edit #2: I don't need that love muscle toner thingy. I use full-size weights. Though it would be funny to order one and just use it to exercise your mouse/trigger finger.

I told you about that Dead Island deal a few days ago Shaneus :/

Also it seems to be heavily flawed but I really enjoyed the opening first few hours but it has a few issues that has lead to me not picking it up. I know that I will never finish it because of the levelling system of the Zombies and a few design issues that broke the back.

Complete run of Daria on DVD for $25 at KMart

Shaneus

I told you about that Dead Island deal a few days ago Shaneus :/

Also it seems to be heavily flawed but I really enjoyed the opening first few hours but it has a few issues that has lead to me not picking it up. I know that I will never finish it because of the levelling system of the Zombies and a few design issues that broke the back.
I don't remember. But, however, I have just remembered that I haven't finished Dead Rising 2 and haven't even startedOff the Record or either of the Alan Wakes :/

Okay, Modern Family is pretty good
Eh, it's become something of a caricature of it's former self, I find. Tends to repeat similar plotlines... at least, that's what I've found when I occasionally catch new eps on TV.

Now Louie, that's a good show.

Jintor

Community is still all out my favourite series... for one season. S2, not as great. S3, don't know yet. But S1... S1 is fucking sublime.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The worst part is that according to the census, the atheist community is pretty sizable. Most people I know who identify as Christian don't even go to church, let alone read and follow the teachings of the bible. The politicians seem to be pandering to some 'silent majority' that doesn't even exist! But they all do it, so we can't vote for some other party and show them with our votes =/
I've found that in my personal experience most of the people I meet on a daily basis are non-religious / atheists, plus the number of christians I do meet and befriend are fairly liberal who actually support gay marriage, accept basic science etc.

I don't even think australia has a huge conservative religious scene compared to america.;p we are pretty damn secular.;p

Gazunta

Lousy smarch weather.

I walked into a games retailer tonight, intending to buy a game, and then ten seconds later thought "what the hell am I doing?" and walked out again.

Videogames!

New Converge album is continued godtier from them. Haven't put a step out of line in the past decade. So good.

I also vote that all funding should go into cloning Daniel Day Lewis so future generations can have the best actor too.

I'm hoping this EB expo thing is decent tomorrow night. They have the Wii U there so that's a plus, I'm also keen to check out Halo 4, AC3 and FarCry 3...

Shaneus

Awesome. I assume PSN? I'll be waiting for 360 at least (but yeah... PC, depending on when they announce a date for it). Glad to know it plays okay.

There seems to be speculation as to whether it's a genuine port or a port of the PS2 version (apparently that and the Saturn one have some subtle gameplay/difficulty differences). Any idea as far as you can tell?

Awesome. I assume PSN? I'll be waiting for 360 at least (but yeah... PC, depending on when they announce a date for it). Glad to know it plays okay.

There seems to be speculation as to whether it's a genuine port or a port of the PS2 version (apparently that and the Saturn one have some subtle gameplay/difficulty differences). Any idea as far as you can tell?

Yeah, PSN. Was a toss-up between which version to get but my 360's been having connection issues and its fridge is getting full so with the PSN version already available I figured I'd just go for it.

I would assume it's based on the PS2 version simply because that would be the more obvious version to go for given the higher quality visual assets, and it seems to be basically the same feature wise. It plays more or less the way I remember the Saturn version playing, but I never really played at a high level so the more subtle differences would likely be lost on me.

Deeku

Haha. The apc store across the road was pretty nice as well. Never ventured over Dover st last visit, some very nicen stuff over that way.
Yeah apc's alright too, quite like some of their stuff. Arrgh really want to go to london/europe, seems like a good place to go with someone...just need to find that someone first!

I will play this game. Free on psn+ too...I think! Edit: yep free on au psn+ wooo. And like RE5 is supposed to be free soon as well! Been meaning to play it for soooooo long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom