• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

I'm pulling the list from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_video_gaming. I can add whatever you want to the database, though.

The great thing about not having a job, or responsibilities besides assignments and study upkeep, is that I have a lot of time for doing stuff. Also, it helps that I've learned a really great truth about programming and projects. The more projects you complete, the better you get at making projects. Though I'm still guilty of starting new projects before I've finished the previous one. My 6 month game project, Vlander, hasn't been touched in a month.

God damn it KRITZ is giving me a lecture about getting things done, I'm in a God damn bizarro world.

:p

Train Defense on iOS. Honestly my GOTY.

Aon

I do not have an ex all I have is a gf. Pointless statements aside am I now sober from my correct grammar/spelling?

Kritz

Banned
God damn it KRITZ is giving me a lecture about getting things done, I'm in a God damn bizarro world.

:p

Train Defense on iOS. Honestly my GOTY.

Ask me again in 2 months when I've dropped the GOTY site to make my next project, where I create a text adventure visual toolkit for generating complex branching choices and interactions that both produces text adventure games and creates code to let you plug in these story states into existing game logics.

Because I'm pretty sure there's no way I'll ever finish that. Also, yes, that is a real thing I want to create.

Also, Train Defense. Unfortunately, giantbomb does not have that game in its database. So the graphic is completely off.

Aon

I am drunk enough to sell leeks. I I assume, and aside from the "sell" typo, I am sobering up via these posts

Jintor

internet drunk is wasted drunk. I know I can come across as relatively normal on the internet, it's real life I need alcohol for

see what happend was.
some asshole said "hey you fuckers have an extra hour, by which i mean dont have"
fucking wa knows where its at
not acknowledging that stupid ass system

Ain't no-one can do late-night drunkAusGAF like drunkWAGAF.

On account of the extra hour and the ennui and all.

Deal with it / wanna fight about it / perfect drunk spelling SON.

senahorse

Good thing he threw out that coat lining eh?

No... don't be that guy... :(
There's some jerk across the road from my boyfriends place who whipper snippers his lawn at 8am on a sunday, and then uses his leaf blower to blow the grass clippings off the grass.

haha, no I am not that bad. I usually only do it once a month and at a reasonable time, like 10 or early afternoon. The leaf blower is just for the vacuum part to clean up a collection of leaves around the pool that I can't get to easy with a broom.

Its gone from coat and scarf weather to too-hot-to-wear-anything weather in like three weeks, and because its been so fast the pool is still way too cold to use =/ I seem to recall it still being fairly cold (or at least rainy) around this time of year though. This is weird..

35 today, will you brave the water?

senahorse

eggs benedict with a caramel latte

edit:

Controversial broadcaster Alan Jones is losing his $250,000 sponsored Mercedes-Benz, with the car dealer vowing to never again support him or his radio station again, it's been reported.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/ent...ed-mercedes-20121007-276ru.html#ixzz28Z80rH8o

ROFL

edit2:

"If the Labor Party persists in this idea that there's some kind of problem with women, Margie will be out there correcting the record again," Mr Abbott said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opi...eapon-again-20121006-275pl.html#ixzz28Z8PPLhV

Oh fuck off TA, using your wife to fight your pathetic battles, we all know you're a sexist pig.

Hot Chocolate

Also War for Cybertron is one of the best games of the generation. Probably the best licensed game I have played, they did an even better job than Rocksteady did with Arkham. If you like the 1986 Transformers movie you will love the fuck out of the game. Thanks Jase!

Jintor

Not sure whether to grab Sleeping Dogs for $22 or wait until Christmas since I probably wont' be able to play it until then anyway

Shaneus

Hot Chocolate

Also War for Cybertron is one of the best games of the generation. Probably the best licensed game I have played, they did an even better job than Rocksteady did with Arkham. If you like the 1986 Transformers movie you will love the fuck out of the game. Thanks Jase!
Can you compare it with the other one? I mean, the sequel has Grimlock!

You're welcome and thank you. I couldn't pass it up, either. After getting the cheap points, thanks to you, it meant the game cost me just over $6. That's pretty bloody good.

Not sure whether to grab Sleeping Dogs for $22 or wait until Christmas since I probably wont' be able to play it until then anyway
You should play Sleeping Dogs today!

Can you compare it with the other one? I mean, the sequel has Grimlock!
Haven't played the new one. I will do a quick review once I am done. It is no nonsense, fantastic third person shooter. The art design is making me think less of Space Marine as I go along. Guns are delicious.

MelbGAF 19th October 5pm onwards
PJ Obriens

Confirmed:
HolyCheck
BananaArnie
EvlCookie

Not attending:
ReptileScorpio (I'll be fresh off the plane, up in Gold Coast)

Dead Man

Hot Chocolate

Really? Really? I so want a good Transformers game, and love the movie. You better not be lying to me.

Borderlands 2 turns into the most awesome
Ratchet and Clank
game when you get to the
high tech environments with loaders, especially in Opportunity

536144_10151082578711659_438119552_n.jpg

Shaneus

Haven't played the new one. I will do a quick review once I am done. It is no nonsense, fantastic third person shooter. The art design is making me think less of Space Marine as I go along. Guns are delicious.
I don't actually need a review because I already have it on PC (and the patch to unlock it from 30fps, ffs), I just like to know what others think :)

The problem with dynamically sourced content is that you often don't get what you expected.

In other news, the voting system is about 80% feature complete. I only need to add some statistic pages, an actual GOTY rankings thing, and a user directory. And fix up the image generation by moving a large part of it server side.

If you recusively spider and don't use names from Wikipedia and images from giant bomb, and just use both names and images from just Wikipedia you'll be fine. I'm going to just use Wikipedia for everything since using different sites for different content dies lead to disrepencies like differing names to boxart. As you obviously found out haha. I'll post my thing at some point during the week if you're interested.

Kritz

Banned
If you recusively spider and don't use names from Wikipedia and images from giant bomb, and just use both names and images from just Wikipedia you'll be fine. I'm going to just use Wikipedia for everything since using different sites for different content dies lead to disrepencies like differing names to boxart. As you obviously found out haha. I'll post my thing at some point during the week if you're interested.

Problems:

1. Wikipedia has 10% of the images that Giantbomb has.

2. Wikipedia's images are not ordered or named in any sensible way

3. I'm already going to move the URLs of the images server side, so it no longer dynamically generates except in cases where I don't already have an image of the game. This will also allow correction of images as I can just change the URLs to arbitrary values.

Problems:

1. Wikipedia has 10% of the images that Giantbomb has.

2. Wikipedia's images are not ordered or named in any sensible way

3. I'm already going to move the URLs of the images server side, so it no longer dynamically generates except in cases where I don't already have an image of the game. This will also allow correction of images as I can just change the URLs to arbitrary values.

Then why not just get your data from gb then? That's what I'm saying, using different data sources for different things leads to disrepencies. If you have a DB entry for images you're hosting server side, then you can dynamically rehost' even via imgur or something. Come to think of it that's probably what I'll do. If you can search gb for games released in 2012 then let me know.

Kritz

Banned
Then why not just get your data from gb then? That's what I'm saying, using different data sources for different things leads to disrepencies. If you have a DB entry for images you're hosting server side, then you can dynamically rehost' even via imgur or something. Come to think of it that's probably what I'll do. If you can search gb for games released in 2012 then let me know.

Problems:

1. Giantbomb's API is fucking rubbish

Really? Really? I so want a good Transformers game, and love the movie. You better not be lying to me.
It is really really good. All killer no filler. Awesome story, awesome characterisation, awesome voice work, the gameplay is constantly mixed up while still letting you play as the big two, environments looks awesome.

are you interested in doing a qld-gaf thing rep or will you be busy with stuff?
Interested, yes. Possible, probably not. Fly up at lunchtime on the Friday, sisters 21st on the Saturday, fly back on Monday. Staying in the same hotel and using the same hire car as the parents so I wasn't expecting to get to do anything anyway. Will be happy if Dad will ply me with alcohol the whole time since I haven't done our tax yet so we can't really afford to do much (plus it would be a waste to go to all the theme park stuff with the little guy so young). I'll see what happens though!

Ferga

D: I put some washing out at 11 and its already dry. Its too hot!

Sydney weather is just cray cray

Wednesday: cool, calm weather.. mmm.. so nice....
Thursday: SUDDENLY HOT
Friday: OH GOD WHY IS IT STILL SO HOT
Saturday: why is it raining...?
Sunday: SO HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom