• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Alan Jones having a meltdown, apparently its because of cyber bullying and cyber terrorism that his sponsors left.

Sorry you are losing your quarter mill car Alan.

Edit1: Now Bishop is on the wagon suggesting the whole Alan Jones thing is censorship? wtf is going on. My brain is hurting.

Edit2: Opposition is also making more uncosted promises. This time 50mil for cctv.

Fusebox

Banned
So if I'm reading that right, Macquarie Radio Network is spin doctoring what has happened to the effect of "People are boycotting businesses that support Alan Jones causing businesses to pull their sponsorship. This is in effect censoring the voice of Australian business and bullying them out of advertising and therefore making money."

I wonder if they came to Kyle Sandilands defence with the same reasoning.

I don't think he's worth my time writing a bio, so here's Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
Alan Belford Jones AO (born 13 April 1941 (some sources also claim 1942 or 1943)[1][2]) is an Australian radio broadcaster. He is also a former coach of the Australian National Rugby Union Team and rugby league coach and administrator. He has worked as a school teacher, a speech writer in the office of the Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser and in musical theatre. He has a Bachelor of Arts from Queensland University, and completed a one year teaching diploma at Worcester College, Oxford. He has been a recipient of various civil and industry awards.

Jones hosts Sydney's most popular breakfast radio program, on radio station 2GB.[3] Like his former colleague and competitor John Laws, the popularity of Jones' program (a mixture of talkback, interviews, opinion and commercial endorsements) has made him one of Australia's most highly paid media personalities. Jones is highly politically motivated and sometimes uses his program and his popularity to advocate his conservative views; he has been described as one of the most influential broadcasters in Australia.[4][5]

His on-air conduct has attracted numerous adverse findings from Australia's media regulators, and one on-air incident resulted in Jones being charged with contempt of court, of which he was found guilty of breaching the law but the charge was dismissed. [6][7] In October 2012, the NSW Administrative Decisions Tribunal upheld his conviction for inciting hatred and for vilification of Lebanese Muslims[8].

Kritz

Banned
That ratings icon is the best.

PS. Gaz will be pissed:
OXpWr.png

I'm already worried about having rereleases in my game list in case a game from 2011 wins the game of the year awards.

Let alone a game from 2007. :(

I picked it up around release for about $30 from JB, should be able to pick it up off eBay for less than that.

It is a pretty great remake of the first game, it is proper survival horror with the hook that you can see what the shibito see which allows you to freak the fuck out.
I think it's on special on the PSN at the moment for less than $30 (make sure you check before next Wednesday night when the PSN updates).

It's proper survival horror and fantastic at it: provided that's definitely what you want then it's the game to get. The part where you play as Bella is the most terrifying experience I've had in a videogame.

So I'm probably going to buy a Nexus 7 in the next week or two. JB looks to be where I'll grab it from. Online prices seem to be roughly the same price, after factoring in shipping.

midonnay

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-an...g-hypocrisy-of-alan-jones-20121008-278a9.html

Perhaps the most amusing part of this morning’s shouty lecture was when he called his critics bullies. The hypocrisy of this is so breath-taking it is actually, in its own way, quite awesome. Almost admirable in its scope.

Readers may remember I was verbally abused by Alan Jones at the anti-carbon tax rally he led outside Parliament House last year. I approached Jones from the back of the stage (he was taking a break as shadow Enviroment Minister Greg Hunt addressed the crowd), introduced myself so he knew I was a reporter, and asked him whether he was being paid to address the rally.

I had a vague feeling beforehand that he wasn’t going to respond well but I made myself do it anyway, because I thought it was a valid question. And yeah, he didn’t respond well. I could tell from the way he turned puce.

It was telling that after shouting a few choice lines and ordering me: ‘‘You just stand there so we can let people see who you are!’’, he grabbed the microphone.

Because if you’re Alan Jones, there is no point in sorting out a dispute one-on-one, where there might be some semblance of an equal playing field. You must broadcast the outrage, and rally your followers behind you. That’s how bullies roll.

He abused me in front of the crowd, and then heckled me for cowardice as I left the area with my colleague Richard Willingham. I don’t know what would have happened if I’d stayed. I only know I felt the sort of rush of blood to my head, the racing pulse and the pure upset that reminded me of when I was bullied by two boys during a mercifully brief but miserable period at primary school.

‘‘Where is she? Can’t stand and front! Can’t stand and front!’’ Jones shouted as I retreated to the safety of Parliament House.

I can’t claim to be anything but heavily biased against Jones given this fracas, which really did ruin my day. But I think I can pretty objectively state that I was bullied by him. This puts me in esteemed company.

The reason why we are seeing such a strong out-pouring of criticism against Jones (and while it is far from the lynch mob he sought to turn on me that day, it is what you might call a gleeful stacks-on) is because people love to see a bully taken down.

Jones uses his power to push his views, rally votes for his favoured politicians, and do enormous amount of charity work. He also uses it to vociferously and mercilessly bully his opponents with violent language and ad hominem attacks.

Now we see a truly populist social media campaign challenge his power and call him out on his bitter hatred of women. It is manifesting real results, however short lived they may be. And Jones is - to use a vulgar phrase - absolutely losing his s***.

Stackboy

Anyone else seen Looper yet? Was well impressed. Is Taken 2 worth seeing?

Stayed inside all weekend out of the heat and played Borderlands 2. In 5 hours me and my friends did nothing but sidequests. Glorious.

Did anyone at the EB expo over the weekend see Yug talking about PAX Aus at the Gamespot Aus booth. Any worthwhile deets?

Looper is a really well crafted movie. The hype has gotten over the top. It is less about scifi or action and more about understanding our place in the world.

Raxum

Did someone increase the draw distance in Hobart or have I just been playing too much dayz?

This sounds like my thought when I saw bad gunplay in an old movie and thought "Wow, what bad gun animations" because the guy's recoil happened about 1-2 seconds after the gunshot effect and noise happened. Then I realised they were actual people.

Exam next Tuesday will be an even more spectacular train wreck for me now.

Yay! At least it will be impressive.

Edit: Also $5 copy of Call of Jaurejeux Tha Cartel on 360 turned up today. HYPE!

If EB register monkey will sell me a copy today I will grab Dishonored on 360. I shall beat it out of him.

Also Monfries in, Primus to Gold Coast, lol. What a strange fucking trade period.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
$45 at GMG with the 25% off code. Fourty five bucks.

Shaneus

So, Dishonoured. What's the core gameplay like? Third-person ARPG? Obsidian-style borefest? I'm picturing something in the vein of Dave Perry/Shiny's Messiah.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, Dishonoured. What's the core gameplay like? Third-person ARPG? Obsidian-style borefest? I'm picturing something in the vein of Dave Perry/Shiny's Messiah.

BioShock-like hub levels with NPCs, secrets, and side quests. Main objective to dispatch a target. Freedom of play (stealth/action, lethal/non-lethal) in how you accomplish that, and any other, goal. First person. Basic skill building system through discovered relics (unlocks/upgrades powers).

A bit of Thief. A bit of System Shock. A bit of Deus Ex.

Anyone else seen Looper yet? Was well impressed. Is Taken 2 worth seeing?

Stayed inside all weekend out of the heat and played Borderlands 2. In 5 hours me and my friends did nothing but sidequests. Glorious.

Did anyone at the EB expo over the weekend see Yug talking about PAX Aus at the Gamespot Aus booth. Any worthwhile deets?

I didn't see Yug at the Gamespot talk, but happened to catch up with him afterwards. Kept kinda mum about most of the details, but was reppin' pretty hard.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
how does one add funds to the 3ds nintendo store? (imported american)

it tells me invalid when i try, i assume because of my postcode on my CC (i put a 0 in front of it.. which is how it used to work)

edit: set region to canada, put 0's at the end

yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom