• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
What the hell happened in that cunt thread. D: Mumei demodded, and a whole bunch of posters I liked perma'd. I think I'll just stick to ausgaf for a while, things are always nice here.

Also we were doing ages? 20! (I feel late to the party in more ways than one...)
What posters got perm'd? I haven't been keeping up with the thread.
the PC brigade were banned. I think this means you're associating with troublesome types.
I have no problem with the PC brigade as not a single one of them has infringed on my rights as a poster!

Blood in the nappy means late night at doctors, hopefully it isn't more than a cold :(
Maybe it's a sign that you're partying too much, Rep?

But seriously, all the best for the little one.

I'm glad it took you three goes to get that right. It shows you're trying. Good effort there, kiddo!
Aw, thanks! I appreciate it.

What the hell happened in that cunt thread. D: Mumei demodded, and a whole bunch of posters I liked perma'd. I think I'll just stick to ausgaf for a while, things are always nice here.
Jeepers. Why was Mumei demodded?

Oh fuck off. I want that game NOW, but fucking fuck :(

No way we can buy it online and send it to our console or whatever?
Apart from creating an American Account? Nopes.

For those that missed the cheap Allards last time, the guys currently has two listings up. 4000 MSP $39 and 4800 MSP $45.

Best one yet

taxidriver.gif

senahorse

Oh wow, JG's speech really has gone viral, great stuff. Surely TA's days are numbered now, it's great ammunition for the next election.

'An epic speech on sexism ... (by a) badass motherf***er' - Jezebel
'A brilliant political pivot, defending the indefensible' - The UK Telegraph
'Best smackdown I've ever seen. Advance, Australia Fair!' - Chris Addison

Great write up about it on The Punch

Here is what Mr Abbott said: “I must allude to the vile anatomical references to which this Speaker appears to be addicted in his text message… Should (Gillard) rise in this place now to try and defend the Speaker, she will shame this parliament again… And every day the prime minister stands in this parliament to defend this Speaker will be another day of shame for this parliament, another day of shame for a government which should already have died of shame.’‘

Let’s replay that last line one more time for emphasis, as they often do on talkback radio.

Abbott wants Slipper sacked. So he said:

“And every day the prime minister stands in this parliament to defend this Speaker will be another day of shame for this parliament, another day of shame for a government which should already have died of shame”

Can you believe Tony Abbott used that phrase? Can you believe, after every drop of water that has flowed under the bridge since Jones’ ill-advised speech to the young libs, that the would-be Prime Minister of Australia still thinks it fitting to poke further fun at the death of the sitting Prime Minister’s father. Can anyone believe that?

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/gillard-wins-a-verbal-stoush-and-maybe-an-election-too/

I would like to think of Steam as a user interface to products that I own. In reality, though, it's more of a service like a Netflix queue, in that it's a service for a specific set of rental properties that I can access.

Raxum

ok so new eula and crap aside.
what do you personally call steam
a platform, service, program, hub?
you own preferred term?
im interested.

Program or service, depending on what I'm trying to explain about it. "It's a DD service, but you need to install the program" etc.

Also new EULA? How new? Are you talking about the one there was a big uproar about a month or so ago?

Shaneus

For those that missed the cheap Allards last time, the guys currently has two listings up. 4000 MSP $39 and 4800 MSP $45.
You're awesome etc. Didn't realise you actually save almost 50% when buying those. Kinda feel like stocking up!

I wonder if they're hot or something...

Edit: Holy shit, just realised I could use said points to buy Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 on PC! Sweet!

ok so new eula and crap aside.
what do you personally call steam
a platform, service, program, hub?
you own preferred term?
im interested.
Catalogue of games I'll never get to play.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i know orayn(tulio) and razek did, and fiction decided to leave because evilore was making rape jokes. Haven't really been keeping up myself, it's like 70 pages long @_@

evilore didn't make a rape joke. He made a PC brigade are too PC and need to calm down, look i mentioned rape joke

Bought Dominion and Carcassone the other day, been having a great time with my housemates :D

Which expansions would you guys recommend for either?

Also should I buy Ticket to Ride?

Omikron

Bought Dominion and Carcassone the other day, been having a great time with my housemates :D

Which expansions would you guys recommend for either?

Also should I buy Ticket to Ride?

TTR is fantastic, if you are likely to play with 3 or less players, get Nordic Countries.

As for Carcassonne expansions, I recommend the following: Inns and Cathedrals (we ALWAYS play with the rules of this one), The Princess and the Dragon and The Tower

The latter two are definitely better with more players and not really recommended with 2. But we play with the tiles from the majority of the expansions and just switch in and out the rules we want to play with. Setting a time limit of the game, otherwise it can go for a long time :p

Edit: And if you don't have it, get this mini expansion: The River II

TTR is fantastic, if you are likely to play with 3 or less players, get Nordic Countries.

As for Carcassonne expansions, I recommend the following: Inns and Cathedrals (we ALWAYS play with the rules of this one), The Princess and the Dragon and The Tower

The latter two are definitely better with more players and not really recommended with 2. But we play with the tiles from the majority of the expansions and just switch in and out the rules we want to play with. Setting a time limit of the game, otherwise it can go for a long time :p

Edit: And if you don't have it, get this mini expansion: The River II

Thanks heaps! Will be grabbing those and Ticket to Ride.

Got a $10 voucher for LOGS, might finally grab those board games I was talking to Danoss about! The wife really loved Lost Cities even if I am a poor loser :)

Also LogitechShop sale
Pokemon Black/White 2 for $42 at BigW

Also this Twitter account is goddamn amazing!

Same. I might tweet Major Nelson, ask him why he hates Australia. Or you could do it.
Yeah! Ah how bout you do it, I should be doing work probably.

I made the right call for my manhood on XCOM.
Fixed ;)

Shaneus

Yeah! Ah how bout you do it, I should be doing work probably.
Same same.

BTW appreciate the heads-up on that eBay MSP dude. Within 30 seconds (almost literally) I had the codes for those points. So cheap.

Off to tweet Major Nelson. But that's definitely the case, yeah? I had no idea it was even on GoD, let alone on sale (let alone not here).

I was up until midnight last night writing something that is the very definition of frivolous, because preserving the esoteric arguments that go on between Zelda fanboys on the Internet is something I apparently care that much about.

It was meant to be a throwaway summary, darn it, but the more I got into the bits I wanted to explain, the more I felt I had to talk about the background of it to provide context to the uninitiated.

Now it's turning into a 300 page beast of a thing that's eating up months' worth of spare time. I'm sure it will be very useful for all two of the people that care :/

tl;dr - I need to realign some of my priorities.

Jintor

hahaha

two guys discussing Brazillian steam prices in Gaming just found out by accident that they work in the same building

lololol

Choc

Banned
dear julia gillard

here is your next election campaign in one sweet, short paragraph

"On women:

4. ‘The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.’

5. ‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’

6. ‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’

7. ‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’"

i'll take my cheque in the mail

Choc

Banned
I know! What if he catches my madness?

If I'm writing about copyrighted material though, won't I get into trouble from the Nintendos? Besides, if I'm putting it up for free on my blog, why would anyone pay for it?

why put it on your blog for free then? maybe release it as a book for 3 months then publish it, just as a trial?

what copyrighted material are you writing about? i mean journalists write about nintendo all the time and investigative journalists blow shit out all the time, so i am confused?

Choc

Banned
No way I'm reading the cunt thread at work. As it is, I'm having trouble following AusGAF an PoliGAF on my breaks.

do what i generally do

subscribe to thread, have daily email to work, skim through it once a day

edit

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Question 1 in Question Time ? Carbon Tax

Tony, going back to old material ISNT GOING TO WORK

he is dead man walking now

Choc

Banned
Opposition tabled a $1500 pensioner electricity bill from WA for a month

Government found that its not a monthly bill LOL

man, seriously tony lol

opposition just said bills are being raisde by 70% due to carbon tax. For fuck sake if that is true (which its not) the ACC would be destroying the power companies.

What IS true is that the power companies all put up prices significantly july 1 blaming infrastructure. It just so happens this is the first bill....

Choc

Banned
and to top it all off Tony just called the Speaker, the deputy speaker

and she isnt that as of last night. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL man after yesterday that shit doesn't help

gillard looks @ bill, finds statement that says 'bill has gone up 9.13% due to carbon tax' from the electricity company

GOLDEN

TONY KEEP DOING THIS, KEEP DIGGIN THAT HOLE

why put it on your blog for free then? maybe release it as a book for 3 months then publish it, just as a trial?

what copyrighted material are you writing about? i mean journalists write about nintendo all the time and investigative journalists blow shit out all the time, so i am confused?
Zelda timeline, which necessarily contains plot elements and the like. Unless I commission someone to do fanart or get permission from Nintendo or whatever, though, none of the images I used can be sold as part of a commercial product (I don't think). I'm kind of ignorant on these things.

As for holding back content in order to sell it, I've already committed to finishing what I started with this post series. I'd say I'm about halfway through now and on this topic, is there really enough content there to justify charging money?

Choc

Banned
haha

also government now accusing tony of delibrately misleading the parliament (which is EXACTLY what he just did).

That could be a real big problem if thats sent to committee for tony. Because he clearly just did mislead the parliament.

Liberal member tries to table bill from 'constituent'. Gillard reminds her that person is not in that Liberal MP's electoral boundary

this, is hillarious to watch

Tony just called JG a piece of work

he iwll never, ever, ever learn

Arksy

haha

also government now accusing tony of delibrately misleading the parliament (which is EXACTLY what he just did).

That could be a real big problem if thats sent to committee for tony. Because he clearly just did mislead the parliament.

Liberal member tries to table bill from 'constituent'. Gillard reminds her that person is not in that Liberal MP's electoral boundary

this, is hillarious to watch

Tony just called JG a piece of work

he iwll never, ever, ever learn

It won't be sent to committee.

Choc

Banned
It won't be sent to committee.

Thomsons was and he was accused of the same thing. ALP is unlikely to push it as harder as dickhead did though back then

Every day Tony has days like this is every day closer to Malcolm becoming LOTO and PM

Arksy

Thomsons was and he was accused of the same thing. ALP is unlikely to push it as harder as dickhead did though back then

Every day Tony has days like this is every day closer to Malcolm becoming LOTO and PM

Parliament in the eyes of many people at the moment is just a farce. They really need to re-establish their credibility as the elected representitives of the nation. Krudd and Turnbull would go a very long way towards doing that.

Choc

Banned
Parliament in the eyes of many people at the moment is just a farce. They really need to re-establish their credibility as the elected representitives of the nation. Krudd and Turnbull would go a very long way towards doing that.

Finally something we both agree on :)

edit: Every question in question time today is fucking electricity bills. LOL

liberals trying to go back to the well.

pyne just said bloke is sexist. What a fucking cunt that man is. Anyone who votes for him should be shot.

Choc

Banned
Pyne mocking sexism in parliament

Good move mate after yesterdays display. Seriously if they had a brain they'd be lonely.

lol Tony Windsor just asked the Coalition why they keep hitting themselves in the face

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That Gillard speech is incredible. One of the best speeches I've seen in years.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thank you for raising the price of our cable, Otpus, even though I doubt you have any justification for what we're paying in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom