• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join Orbi, Choc and myself on Steam chat as we laugh our arses off at this session of QT.

Thank you for raising the price of our cable, Otpus, even though I doubt you have any justification for what we're paying in the first place.

Their service has been absolutely atrocious recently. Horrendous.

Choc

Banned
Gillards reaction to Pyne saying bloke is sexist

669719445.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
JTheir service has been absolutely atrocious recently. Horrendous.

Agreed. Our cable is all over place too, suffers really badly between ~8am and 12pm. Gaming online during that time is basically a gamble, as it's probably at least one round I'll drop out of a round or two due to the internet completely cutting out.

It's why my girlfriend is attempting to get off Optus

I can't blame her. I really want to, but we're in a bit of a pickle as my housemate was the one who organised everything. Or I should say, she did about three years ago when I first got a place with her. She set up the internet herself, and decided to just drag across the internet she had at her last place. Which was, because she has no idea how internet services actually work and was probably conned by Optus, a cable installation.

Both the last place and now this one we had to pay to have a the cable installed. We'd look into going with someone else, but we then have to factor in setup fees, buying a non-cable modem, etc. And really, in the long run, I don't think it will be worth it.

jambo

Agreed. Our cable is all over place too, suffers really badly between ~8am and 12pm. Gaming online during that time is basically a gamble, as it's probably at least one round I'll drop out of a round or two due to the internet completely cutting out.

Have you thought about Telstra cable? If you get Ultimate level you can get up to 100 Mbps

Choc

Banned
US Politican on tv "it's a governments job to provide a safety net. It's not a governments job to guarantee happiness.

What say you ausgaf

Shaneus

Gillards reaction to Pyne saying bloke is sexist

669719445.jpg
If that's an image that's broken, do what I do. Download the imgur plugin, right-click on any image then "upload to imgur". Easy :)

VKS lots of people publish books about Nintendo all the time. GAF's own
Brendan Brewer
Chris Kohler started his career doing just that.

Power Up: How Japanese Video Games Gave The World An Extra Life.
Is Chris Kohler actually that bad? I heard him on an episode of Idle Thumbs the other day and he was quite good on that, and he's a contributing member of some Japanese gaming/music/media thingy (fake edit: Tokyopia) that has something to do with Mizuguchi and Yuzo Koshiro (Streets of Rage composer). Maybe he's a douche, I dunno.

Hang on, there's something there, something about your girlfriend and Optus doing it .............yeah I got nothing.
His name is Optus and he's talking about himself in the third person?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Meanwhile while I make terrible grammar and English mistakes often, these morons are getting paid for it.

Fredescu

Garrett at first t The Sunday Telegraph that Green Energy had no relationship with Manta, before admitting it was its payroll provider, be

Gazunta

Is Chris Kohler actually that bad?
Chris Kohler is actually that awesome. Seriously. Really genuinely nice bloke and he knows his shit.

I've worked with him in the past and he's a pal of mine.

Oh and I can't recommend the offbeat trivia podcast he's on, Good Job Brain, highly enough.

So yeah, I tease but I love :)

To be honest Brendan's mostly about how terrible a reviewer I was

senahorse

I think it is, but sometimes it pays to check some of the sites directly as well, msy, umart etc, I have found inconsistencies at times. Maybe they only scrape the data once a day?

Try the logitech shop as well.

hamchan

Thank you for raising the price of our cable, Otpus, even though I doubt you have any justification for what we're paying in the first place.

I also can't escape from Optus. Best I could do was change to their new 300gb + $5 phone for $90, since with their price increase they were charging me $85 for 120gb anyways. They're also giving me a free premium speed pack so hopefully my speeds won't be balls anymore.

Kritz

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PHP YOU FUCKING CUNTS GOLF HAM IT YOU FUCKING BASTARD WANKERS WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID $CUNT NOT FUCKING $_POST THROUGH WHAT THE FUCK GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I HATE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE BUT MOST OF ALL I HATE YOU.

AND PHP.

FUCK YOU!

Kirby102

Thank goodness I just got off of them just in time, then again, my first bill from Telstra came and it double charged me, one for the previous month and one for the month in advance.

After connecting to Telstra's home+internet bundle, Optus decides in their bundle that all calls made to mobile are included, Telstra's one is only to Telstra calls, others are charged.

So much sad.

Who is talking shit about the Fantastic Chris Kohler? Come on!

Also CamelCamelCamel is fantastic for tracking historic Amazon prices, like that Xbox website I linked to with the Catherine bargain. Love that stats/graph shit hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom