• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Great article in the mx today on the wii-u. Actually possitive while pointing out faults, and descriptive to those unaware of the wii u as to what puts it apart from the current gen

Also if we make ausgaf politics ot it gets made in the OT and we can link to this thread for new blood. As we clearly are too hidden as akrsy showed.

Vks, link up that article when/ if you decide to post/ publish it!
Also if we make ausgaf politics ot it gets made in the OT and we can link to this thread for new blood. As we clearly are too hidden as akrsy showed.
great idea!! There's usually something in politics happening too. Only downside would be the slow down here:(

He didn't respond when I asked where to find the best curry while in Kanazawa (where I am now), so he's a massive jerk.
Go to the restaurant on the roof of the Ana Crowne Plaza near the train station. Bring your credit card because it gets pricey, but you'll get Teppanyaki steak so tender it melts in your mouth.

Seriously, this is life-changing steak.

Vks, link up that article when/ if you decide to post/ publish it!

great idea!! There's usually something in politics happening too. Only downside would be the slow down here:(

Part one, but there are links to the others

HolyCheck

"great idea!! There's usually something in politics happening too. Only downside would be the slow down here:("

i actually think it will be off set by the influx of new members who will find ausgaf thru the link we post on the OP.. and every other page

Arksy

"great idea!! There's usually something in politics happening too. Only downside would be the slow down here:("

i actually think it will be off set by the influx of new members who will find ausgaf thru the link we post on the OP.. and every other page

The only reason I didn't find it is because I never check Gaming Community.

Jintor

Frankly, I only really knew hoops, and he bailed like a year back. but still, bad times.

I mean, the writing was on the wall for a while here, but that doesn't make it any better

Kritz

Banned
In addition to my meltdown between php, c++, xcode, glut, glew and a bunch of other fucking bullshit...

Telstra.

Telstra's data usage for my phone reports I have used up 85% of my monthly allowance. It reports my maximum monthly allowance is 4GB, despite me requesting it be reduced to 1GB from 3GB. (So, yes, they increased it by 1GB instead of making it equal 1GB)

But the individual data usage of each days adds up to only 409MB. 409 is not 85% of either 1GB, 3GB or 4GB. I call up telstra. That is to say, I am still calling up telstra. I am on hold. Telstra say I am in fact on 2GB usage. The website says 4GB. The percentage says 500MB (409mb / 0.8% is roughly 500mb). I asked for 1GB.

I am trying to teach this poor lady on the other side of the world how to operate microsoft excel to give a sum of my daily usage.

--

Okay, I have managed to convince her supervisor that I am correct.

Resolution:

I will be refunded $45 for the improper charges against my account
I will be reverted to 1GB of data allowance per month
I gained technical support experience, ironically, while requesting technical support.

Frankly, I only really knew hoops, and he bailed like a year back. but still, bad times.

I mean, the writing was on the wall for a while here, but that doesn't make it any better

True that. Hoops was good people. I kinda thought something was up when they lost the Disney and Capcom distribution, but seeing them at EB Expo...thought they were gonna last just that little bit longer.

Still real shitty.

hamchan

Listening to This Year Collection: Loveline. What a brilliant show Loveline is. Hilarious while also dealing with some really serious issues. Maybe I'll go find individual episodes.

Kritz

Banned
SMOa6.png

... for fuck's sake.

All within the past few minutes...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
SQUADRON 42 looks fucking hot.

I can't comprehend how exciting the future of gaming is right now - wasteland 2, project eternity, SQUADRON 42.. oh yeah.

Now it's inspired me to re-install freespace 2 sometime.

Arksy

SQUADRON 42 looks fucking hot.

I can't comprehend how exciting the future of gaming is right now - wasteland 2, project eternity, SQUADRON 42.. oh yeah.

Now it's inspired me to re-install freespace 2 sometime.

Is this a freespace 2 type game? If so WHERE? Fucking have been waiting for a space combat game for years. ;_;

Kritz

Banned
In other things that Kritz is annoyed about... this is how my readme.txt file appeared to me:

this is how it appeared to my marker:

We were told the assignments would be graded on the OS we developed them on at the uni. They weren't. Not that I should care because the extra marks were unlikely to have put me into the next grade group. I think I lost 5 marks, and my total grade was 73%. Versus the 80% I'd need for a HD.

Yes, my life is made up pedantic little issues like this.

We were told the assignments would be graded on the OS we developed them on at the uni. They weren't.

I have next to no respect for the teaching profession from my 20ish years exposed to it (special cases excluded of course Sal! Not all of them are lazy idiots). Never bothered calling tutors on their bullshit after the first time an assignment was incorrectly marked as if the tutor had read something completely different and nothing came of it.

Gazunta

Aw man, a new Chris Roberts game? TAKE ALL MY CASH AND MONEY.

It really is a fantastic time for a developer to sell their game directly to their audience without middlemen taking a cut and saying what you can and can't make.

Go to the restaurant on the roof of the Ana Crowne Plaza near the train station. Bring your credit card because it gets pricey, but you'll get Teppanyaki steak so tender it melts in your mouth.
D'oh. Too late. Thanks for the suggestion! We're in Takayama tomorrow and Matsumoto two days after. Been to either of those places?

You're the massive jerk! I want curry too:(
We ended up settling for Sukiya brand curry, I'm sure it's terrible but as we'd arrived in Kanazawa yesterday we didn't know there was a whole busy area further south of us! Seemed like everywhere was closed.

It was still
so bad it's
good.

Jintor

Man, Xenoblade is still so fucking good. I put it down a few months ago, picked it up again an hour ago and it just all comes flooding back to me.

It's a tad janky just because it's a Wii game so it's basically from, I don't know, 2006? But it's still awesome.

Man Squadron 42 does look good. After that "I am a PC game" starti was ready to write it off as massively wanky, but that looks sweet.

I'm really hopeful this boom if old genres from kickstarter will remind big publishers there is more to gaming than FPSes. That said I love FPSes.

HolyCheck

Man, Xenoblade is still so fucking good. I put it down a few months ago, picked it up again an hour ago and it just all comes flooding back to me.

It's a tad janky just because it's a Wii game so it's basically from, I don't know, 2006? But it's still awesome.

ugh i stopped like 45 hours in when i asked some one if i was near the end and they said maybe half way.. but just like i didn't care that much for the characters (for me thats a big thing :( ) i was so jrpg hungry tho i played that long

tried picking it up again recently.. couldnt do anything as i couldnt remember how the combat worked properly lol and cbs re learning :(

Jintor

I get that a lot of the delivery is kind of janky and screwy because it's just character models cycling through animation, but since half my rpgs are more or less visual novels i don't really give a fuck

and that music! goddamn

HolyCheck

I get that a lot of the delivery is kind of janky and screwy because it's just character models cycling through animation, but since half my rpgs are more or less visual novels i don't really give a fuck

and that music! goddamn

yhe the music is awesome, and just walking around those huge open fields and enjoying the view, so noice

The thing that makes that picture so funny is the serious/bored expression on the dude's face.

Air conditioner is broken at work. Heat comes out from the fryers and ovens and just sits in the store. I thought it was hot outside D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom