• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hopeful this boom if old genres from kickstarter will remind big publishers there is more to gaming than FPSes. That said I love FPSes.
Hopefully they remember that there are other types of FPS too! Rise of the Triad remake looks like balls out fun, which reminds me that I should jump into Serious Sam 3 on my backlog soon.

Air conditioner is broken at work. Heat comes out from the fryers and ovens and just sits in the store. I thought it was hot outside D:

Pro tip: volunteer to man the drinks fridge for the night!

Deeku

We ended up settling for Sukiya brand curry, I'm sure it's terrible but as we'd arrived in Kanazawa yesterday we didn't know there was a whole busy area further south of us! Seemed like everywhere was closed.

It was still
so bad it's
good.
Any curry is good curry really. Screw the curry snobs!

Kanazawa looks sooo nice, what with the castle and temples and stuff! I really need to see more of Japan.

Man, Xenoblade is still so fucking good. I put it down a few months ago, picked it up again an hour ago and it just all comes flooding back to me.

It's a tad janky just because it's a Wii game so it's basically from, I don't know, 2006? But it's still awesome.
Yeah, need to get back to this too. Someday:/

Axiom

Spent most of today looking for a suit because there is going to be a James Bond Aston Martin at Armageddon and if I'm going to get my photo taken with it then a t-shirt and jeans won't do. Since I have neither the time nor funds to get a properly tailored suit, I fear I'll actually look like an old awkward kid at a formal.

On the plus side I discovered I like wearing bow ties beyond just the Doctor Who reference.

Kanazawa looks sooo nice, what with the castle and temples and stuff! I really need to see more of Japan.
The castle is less than ten years old, but inside is all wood (cypress I guess) and smells great. The Kenrokuen Garden and old town are nice. Didn't know before coming that 98% of Japan's gold leaf comes from this region so EVERYWHERE sells gold leaf stuff (chopsticks, cakes, hand cream) and it's ultra cheap.

Highlight for me was the Myoryuji temple. It's notoriously hard to get into without knowing Japanese and when we arrived, sans reservation, they handed us a poorly worded set of instructions that made little sense. As we were about to give up and leave another couple rock up and the girl speaks Japanese really well. Because of her we were able to join a tour starting then and there and the inside of the the temple is awesome. Traps, hidden rooms, secret passageways and even a seppuku chamber with a door that once you close you can't open from the inside.

Deeku

The castle is less than ten years old, but inside is all wood (cypress I guess) and smells great. The Kenrokuen Garden and old town are nice. Didn't know before coming that 98% of Japan's gold leaf comes from this region so EVERYWHERE sells gold leaf stuff (chopsticks, cakes, hand cream) and it's ultra cheap.

Highlight for me was the Myoryuji temple. It's notoriously hard to get into without knowing Japanese and when we arrived, sans reservation, they handed us a poorly worded set of instructions that made little sense. As we were about to give up and leave another couple rock up and the girl speaks Japanese really well. Because of her we were able to join a tour starting then and there and the inside of the the temple is awesome. Traps, hidden rooms, secret passageways and even a seppuku chamber with a door that once you close you can't open from the inside.
Sounds awesome! Making a note of these places for future use:D

Shaneus

So, I went and saw that Queen Live in Hungary one-off thing at the cinemas tonight. Apart from some very peculiar editing choices, it was amazing as shit. Surprisingly good job was done on the restoration/HD conversion or whatever.

In other news, for some reason the fan on my HD5970 just doesn't work. It's not cactus because I've seen fans with stuffed bearings before. This just doesn't get power. And the bios says something like "PLUG POWER IN YOU MOTHERFUCKER" or something. I hope I don't need a new GPU :(

PS. I'm not surprised Gazunta is in a book called "Retro Gaming Hacks". lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Man, Xenoblade is still so fucking good. I put it down a few months ago, picked it up again an hour ago and it just all comes flooding back to me.

It's a tad janky just because it's a Wii game so it's basically from, I don't know, 2006? But it's still awesome.

I really need to get back into the game.:p despite enjoying the storytelling and characterization a ton, and being a big fan of xenogears/xenosaga. I find it very easy to put the game down, because I find the combat gets a bit to monotonous for my tastes, that said due to the whole design of the game, it's very easy to pick up again, even after leaving it for a couple of months.:p

If AusPoliGAF is created can we keep that shit out of here?

I know that I don't post often but I can't be the only one on AusGAF who fucking hates it with a passion.

I'm also fairly conservative and the fact that the majority of AusGAF isn't makes it a bit offputting.

Edit: To clarify, I don't have a problem with other people's opinions, but I would never debate politics on here and sometimes pages and pages of political stuff makes me want to cry :(

But then again I can just ignore it and STFU, I don't mind.

Edit: On the topic of video games, XCOM continues to be incredible. Got my arse handed to me time after time last night and still want more.

Shaneus

PS. I'm not surprised Gazunta is in a book called "Retro Gaming Hacks". lol
You know, this is a fucking GOLD line and I can't believe none of you cunts picked up on it. No wonder I abandoned this joint a few months back... nobody appreciates clever humour around hear. Least of all Jase.

Fredescu

If AusPoliGAF is created can we keep that shit out of here?
Nah. There was an AusPoliGAF once and it ended up being Salazar and Dead Man talking to each other the whole time, while most regular politics stuff got posted in here. I could be wrong, I don't think we're a big enough community to support multiple threads like that.

You know, this is a fucking GOLD line and I can't believe none of you cunts picked up on it. No wonder I abandoned this joint a few months back... nobody appreciates clever humour around hear. Least of all Jase.
Obviously we were all waiting for you to draw attention to your over-inflated sense of self-admiration by quoting yourself and pleading for praise before we commented on it. The lingering funk of a half-baked joke layered with the stench of desperation and sprinkled with a sprig of unrequited attempts at attention is like life-fuel for me. Your display today should keep me going for some months.

Because you've worked so hard for it: Bravo.

Omikron

Nah. There was an AusPoliGAF once and it ended up being Salazar and Dead Man talking to each other the whole time, while most regular politics stuff got posted in here. I could be wrong, I don't think we're a big enough community to support multiple threads like that.

Probably true tbh!

Bad luck Ban.

Rezbit

The people who post about politics in here will not stop posting about politics in here because of another thread. Mostly because they want people to see. 3 guys having a back and forth in a specific thread wont make a difference.

Happy birthday Mr Pants

~Happy Birthday~ October is the best month!

Well, there are a lot of Australians who don't post in here, but do in the OT. I think it'd be big enough.

Fredescu

Well, there are a lot of Australians who don't post in here, but do in the OT. I think it'd be big enough.
There might be more gaffers now that it could be self supporting. I guess I meant that the existence of a thread isn't going to stop politics popping up in here.

I'm not against the creation of one, I just don't want to make any guarantees to the likes of Syth, otherwise he'll be like "STOP TALKING ABOUT POLITICS" every second post. There are plenty of topics that come up in here that I don't want to be involved with but I don't get vocal about it because I don't care and I'd rather this thread just be organic general discussion rather than having a bunch of unenforceable rules.

Bad luck Ban.

Lost a lot of good men on Operation First Dawn :(

7BxNU.jpg

senahorse

Here here, we are actually in a gaming community forum and only sometimes talk about games, I say let the topic go whatever way anyone directs it. If you don't like it, don't enter the conversation or start a new one :D

Choc

Banned
Here here, we are actually in a gaming community forum and only sometimes talk about games, I say let the topic go whatever way anyone directs it. If you don't like it, don't enter the conversation or start a new one :D

just like Giant Bombcast

Stackboy

Was totally jonesing to play Retro City Rampage on PS3 and Vita yesterday, but it's not out in the Australian PSN store.

Before you say buy it on Steam, I want portable RCR!!

Choc

Banned
Just when i thought EA couldn't go any lower

They have just released a new trailer for the MOH Warfighter game which is in partnership with Linkin Park. Throughout the trailer you see a number of kids lose their parents to the horror of war and the effect it has on them

This my friends, is a trailer to promote a fucking video game about war. What the fuck does EA think? How the heck does that make me want to play that game ?

In actual fact, it makes me want to avoid it and also criticise EA for exploiting war so much. Yes COD does it, but perhaps just a tad more tastefully.

Some of you may remember I posted a sort of live commentary on here about MOH Afghanistan when i was playing it and how sick i felt and how different i felt because i knew this war was in progress.

It's just ridiculous.

edit: Stackboy its not classified here yet for PS release. You may be waiting a little while.

jambo

Some of you may remember I posted a sort of live commentary on here about MOH Afghanistan when i was playing it and how sick i felt and how different i felt because i knew this war was in progress.

It's just ridiculous.

So you're fine with playing WWII shooters?

Choc

Banned
So you're fine with playing WWII shooters?

I feel differently about those because the war has been and past. There are many films about the war and so the exploitation had already occured

a war that was IN PROGRESS as i played a video game version of it, made me feel sick

Shaneus

Was totally jonesing to play Retro City Rampage on PS3 and Vita yesterday, but it's not out in the Australian PSN store.

Before you say buy it on Steam, I want portable RCR!!
Buy a laptop!

Obviously we were all waiting for you to draw attention to your over-inflated sense of self-admiration by quoting yourself and pleading for praise before we commented on it. The lingering funk of a half-baked joke layered with the stench of desperation and sprinkled with a sprig of unrequited attempts at attention is like life-fuel for me. Your display today should keep me going for some months.

Because you've worked so hard for it: Bravo.
Over-inflated? C'est impossible*!

*It's always frustrated me that I can't somehow make "impossible" look French. Fucking Frenchies.

PS. As far as insults go, that was pretty fucking awesome. Seriously. So much bitter, if you were a Victorian a hard earned thirst would need a big cold Jase.

+1 for politics in its own thread. This thread looks like an ADHD-sufferers twitter feed some days making it hard to follow a conversation. Not to denigrate ADHD sufferers but anyhoo....

also- that Bond bluray set is gorgeous (Despite already having all the previous releases on Bluray, and before that DVD and before that VHS and before that...

Hey, when I was a kid, this is the best you had if you wanted a copy of a movie you liked

The Story of Star Wars Read Along Cassette

jambo

I feel differently about those because the war has been and past. There are many films about the war and so the exploitation had already occured

a war that was IN PROGRESS as i played a video game version of it, made me feel sick

There have been plenty of movies, tv shows and books about the current wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Are they ok?

I just don't understand how it's different. Yes WWII is in the past, but that doesn't change the fact that millions of people died in those wars.

Choc

Banned
There have been plenty of movies, tv shows and books about the current wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Are they ok?

I just don't understand how it's different. Yes WWII is in the past, but that doesn't change the fact that millions of people died in those wars.

You don't get how exploting something that is in progress right now is different to exploiting history?

hmm. Anyone else agree with me on this or is jambo right?

edit: Did you know it was Slippers vote in the Liberal caucus that got Tony the job over Malcolm

hollywood couldn't write this shit

midonnay

edit: Did you know it was Slippers vote in the Liberal caucus that got Tony the job over Malcolm

hollywood couldn't write this shit

There was a turnbull vote who was sick and couldn't get there in person....

yeah, you can't make this shit up :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom