• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Australians have the world's highest median worth according to a Credit Suisse survey.

Australians have a median wealth per adult of $US193,653 ($A189,225) the Credit Suisse global wealth report showed, the highest of 216 countries surveyed.

With plentiful land, sparse population, natural resources and high home prices, Australia's proportion of individuals with wealth above $100,000 is the most of any country and eight times the world average, the report said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/bus...-wealthiest-20121011-27enm.html#ixzz28xbN4q5w

LOL, understatement.

Choc

Banned
Julie Bishop a lawyer puts up suspension of orders to force Roxon to divulge when tehy knew of the texts

which if Roxon is forced to do so, would leave the Parliament in contempt of court

what a great fucking lawyer she is.....

edit: x3n that should say extreme house prices

Choc

Banned
The biggest tragedy is that soldiers name will not make it to the war memorial, because it was a peace time death

ridiculous i say

Arksy

Julie Bishop a lawyer puts up suspension of orders to force Roxon to divulge when tehy knew of the texts

which if Roxon is forced to do so, would leave the Parliament in contempt of court

what a great fucking lawyer she is.....

edit: x3n that should say extreme house prices

Incorrect. Parliamentry privilege is absolute.

Choc

Banned
Incorrect. Parliamentry privilege is absolute.

Guess ABC 24 was wrong then.

Division was lost anyway

Jase it was a division to try and get the Attorney General nicola roxon to be forced to divulge when she knew of the content of the ashby texts

yes QT has gotten this low, its pathetic really. I would say that if labor was pulling this antics as well. There was zero policy debate in Question time today, or probably for that matter, this week.

Pathetic waste of time

Stackboy

So flying to another country for a week is easier than going to Melbourne? =P

This year I met Ken Levine, Cliffy B, Jeff Green, Jeff Gerstmann and a bunch of other cool people. I hope we get the same visitors to PAX Aus, but I know how much fun this years was so I have to go back to Boston. Plus I have family and friends to see over their and I'm going to Disneyland!!

Arksy

Guess ABC 24 was wrong then.

Division was lost anyway

Jase it was a division to try and get the Attorney General nicola roxon to be forced to divulge when she knew of the content of the ashby texts

yes QT has gotten this low, its pathetic really. I would say that if labor was pulling this antics as well. There was zero policy debate in Question time today, or probably for that matter, this week.

Pathetic waste of time

That's correct. ABC 24 is wrong. Not only is Parliamentary Privilege absolute, but the matter is unjusticiable before the Courts because it happened in Parliament. It's for the same reason that Nick Xenophon earlier this year could have released Court suppressed information about the investigation into child sex offences.

Pathetic waste of time
Oh, I thought it was going to be something important.

Thank you very much, choc.

senahorse

I expect a dramatic change in those prices sometime in the future.

I think the time has passed for a major price correction. At a guess I would say the prices will just stagnate for some time and wait for wages to catch up a bit, there still seems to be a demand for housing there even now.

Arksy

I think the time has passed for a major price correction. At a guess I would say the prices will just stagnate for some time and wait for wages to catch up a bit, there still seems to be a demand for housing there even now.

The most likely scenario to be honest. A crash will only come if the economy collapses and we get a tonne of bankruptcies and foreclosures.

Arksy

Where's a good spot to get Vidya Gaems for console? I want to pick up a couple of older console games. Preferably within SA metro. I've been buying digital for ages for PC and nfi when it comes to console.

Shaneus

Is it you asking them to pay tribute to a joke that you made earlier?
No, just thank me.

When can I preorder PAX tickets more importantly, that shot will sell out quicker than a new years eve drugfest/music festival
We should combine the two. I'd pay good money to see what nerds are like on some truckie meth. By that, I mean I'd pay money to see THEM on it. Not pay to see them while I'M on it.

Jambo, insert your burnsauce here please
You're against me too? Oh man, that hurts :(

That's it. I'm not letting you in on any multi-packs ever again. On top of the fact that you seem to habitually skip out on them :/

You should just go to PAX East 2013 like me. Boston is pretty rad.
When is that? I'm planning an O/S trip next year around Sept.

No, just thank me.
Up to the 90minute mark. Too many interruptions today. Not long to go until your crappy question.

We should combine the two. I'd pay good money to see what nerds are like on some truckie meth. By that, I mean I'd pay money to see THEM on it. Not pay to see them while I'M on it.
Why not do both?

Edi: Oh, fuckit. I hit Reply instead of Edit. Muthafucka. Sorry for the double post.

Where's a good spot to get Vidya Gaems for console? I want to pick up a couple of older console games. Preferably within SA metro. I've been buying digital for ages for PC and nfi when it comes to console.

If you want to import, Ozgameshop and Zavvi/The Hut (UK), Play-asia (HK).

Or if you don't want to wait 2 weeks for transit, you can order local from Dungeon Crawl in Melbourne, free shipping anywhere is AU and their prices are great for a local retailer. (they import as well)

SA? Big W have awesome deals, they may still have some of their big sale stock around.
Also try DSE and Harvey Norman for sales.

You're against me too? Oh man, that hurts :(

Not against, it was just a snappy reply that deserved the props. Which you would have had to if you waited until lunchtime before getting annoyed no-one was on in the early hours of the morning!

Can someone buy me a Borderlands 2 Season Pass on GMG? It won't accept my VISA Debit card and PayPal doesn't authorise the transaction for some reason =/

There's a 25% off voucher atm as well, so I can DD or Paypal you back the $22.50 straight away

GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/rpgs/borderlands-2-season-pass/

Thanks!

I had an issue with my VISA debit card on GMG, if it's asking for you to verify it with VISA or something like that you need to put your details in exactly as your bank has them.

Mine failed cause I didn't put the area code on my number and used the short version of my name. After I did that it worked fine.

senahorse

My gf and I have had a number of issues with GMG, especially as we use shared accounts. If the prices weren't so good I wouldn't bother with them.

Can someone buy me a Borderlands 2 Season Pass on GMG? It won't accept my VISA Debit card and PayPal doesn't authorise the transaction for some reason =/

There's a 25% off voucher atm as well, so I can DD or Paypal you back the $22.50 straight away

GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/rpgs/borderlands-2-season-pass/

Thanks!
Would like to choose me as you savior?

Can I trust you? Have you made hundreds of posts on NeoGAF just to pull a $22 scam on me?

senahorse

Ruh-oh

art-CromwellCollegeIndig-620x349.jpg

The publication of a photograph of university students at an official college function dressed up to look like "traditional" Aboriginal people, with their faces and limbs painted brown, has forced an internal investigation and rapid re-education program.

The eight female students from the co-educational Cromwell College within the University of Queensland were depicted in the photo - taken last Tuesday - with wild hair, holding sticks and wearing material fashioned into makeshift loin cloths.

The photo made its way on to online social networking sites and quickly raised the ire of a number of indigenous Australians from around the country.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...inal-people-20121011-27f0e.html#ixzz28xz9P1zR

GAF OT thread being created in 3-2-1

jambo

Would like to choose me as you savior?

Can I trust you? Have you made hundreds of posts on NeoGAF just to pull a $22 scam on me?

Damn, I've been caught. Yes indeed, my 3 years of membership and 9,637 posts have all been building to this moment. And now for nothing. Alas.

█████████████████

Damn, I've been caught. Yes indeed, my 3 years of membership and 9,637 posts have all been building to this moment. And now for nothing. Alas.

█████████████████
Coolio. I'll make the purchase and move this to PMs?

Ruh-oh

art-CromwellCollegeIndig-620x349.jpg

GAF OT thread being created in 3-2-1

As a former UQ College student (not Cromwell though. Those guys sucked) this is no where near the first time. I saw people do it a bunch of times who thought it was hilarious. It was not.

I did dress up as a Scotsman one time. Come at me Serrells!

jambo

Mrs Squirrel is all over it - she's been sleeping on her side for a few months now. She is starting to show to the point where strangers who see her on the street will look at her belly and smile at her.

I wonder why people do that. Everyone loves babies, apparently

Because WOOK AT DA CUTE WITTLE BABY WID DA WITTLE FINGERS AND TWOES!!!

Coolio. I'll make the purchase and move this to PMs?

Sounds good!

Shaneus

Not against, it was just a snappy reply that deserved the props. Which you would have had to if you waited until lunchtime before getting annoyed no-one was on in the early hours of the morning!
I'm a busy man... you've seen how often I check this thread!

Up to the 90minute mark. Too many interruptions today. Not long to go until your crappy question.
To be honest, it is actually pretty crappy. But it's also thought provoking. It's just a shame it's such a one-way thing because I'd love to have elaborated.
That's why the live stream is so awesome. Well worth waking up at 4am in the morning to partake in.

BTW I wouldn't do it, either. Because then I'd be one of them. But I'll happily supply the dubstep, lasers and smoke machines. Nerds goin' orf!

As a former UQ College student (not Cromwell though. Those guys sucked) this is no where near the first time. I saw people do it a bunch of times who thought it was hilarious. It was not.

I did dress up as a Scotsman one time. Come at me Serrells!

eIQRa.jpg

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "SCOTCHTOBERFEST"?!?

I wonder why people do that. Everyone loves babies, apparently
As someone who fucking hated babies and children before my wife got pregnant I seem to be at the point now where even if I have had a terrible day and the little guy has been screaming his lungs out and telling me to go away and won't hug me I will STILL get all cutesy if a baby or little toddler is presented in the area.

No fucking chance of a second one for us though thanks, I value my sanity too much.

EDIT: Jacobs gone too !?! Hold me Jambo :(

Serious question: What's the main point of contention about this? A lot of people have dressed up as people in traditional dress (e.g. dressing up in traditional Scottish, German, Swedish clothes) for many silly reasons. No one seems to take offense at this. In fact, I can order many of those traditional dresses from Costume/Fancy Dress shops.

So does this mean that people are offended by painting their skin brown? I feel at times that people have a kneejerk reaction to people changing their skintone, just because we've been conditioned that way. So what I'm asking, is why do you (and by "you" I mean AusGAF feel what they did is offensive. What is the difference between what these students did to someone dressing up in lederhosen, or putting on clogs? If it is purely thechanging their skintone, what is it about that which personally offends you?

I'm really interested in what people have to say. I'm not making an argument for what they did being wither right or wrong, I'm interested in healthy discussion about why our initial reactions to such things is immediately negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom