• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the questionnaires r dumb

I think rep should update it! Went to do it and couldn't be bothered.

399483_392384864151501_775564512_n.jpg

just had my house warming party!!!

I like you.

Clipper

So, one more check. Is anybody interested in playing Discworld: Ankh Morpork over the net tonight? It's SydGAF's Board Gamers' favourite game and knowledge of the Discworld franchise isn't needed.

remz

It's so good. After watching the wacky craziness of UMvC3 it's kinda cool to go back to the basics.

Super Turbo feels crazier to me then MVC 3. MVC has so much shit going on it tends to just blend together, SF2 is simple, basic and intense

Even though I was terrible at aiming, by the end of Shadows of the Damned I was having a pretty darn good time. The unique weapons were different enough to encourage different approaches to groups of enemies, which were also interesting--especially some of the larger enemies--and being able to take them out in many ways kept things moving along nicely.

The ending was rather satisfying too (and in the credits
mentioned it was filmed on location
, which got a laugh from me). Gets Cods' "a bit janky but still entertaining and thus worth your time" seal of approval. 5/5 etc

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Shadows of the Damned is definitely worth a play through. There are so many cool little moments.

Deeku

OMG I'm totally playing SotD as well!!

I only just started and I like it. Aiming and camera is kinda wonky though! That late title card/game menu was pretty rad too.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I need to get back into SotD. Kind of found it boring tbh. But I'm willing to give it a another chance.

Something about the shooting and enemy design is kinda eh to me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I need to get back into SotD. Kind of found it boring tbh. But I'm willing to give it a another chance.

Something about the shooting and enemy design is kinda eh to me.

how far did you get into it?

"you need to subject yourself to more of something you don't enjoy" is never a good defense of something, I'll give you that, but the shooting really is just a means to an end after a while. Notch it down to easy or something and just enjoy the, uh, super-cool, like, vibe, dude.

Marvel's a bit too hectic for me, so much stuff going on at once. Flashy and fun to watch, though. I had the MK9 stream on most of today.

ST final was tight.

Omikron

How could you do this to us Choc! Oh wait, he can't reply here. :~(

Also: Think my son has rubella, booo. Dare I go to work tomorrow?

Fredescu

I am attracted to this Bern broad. Creeped out by the picture where surrounded by many large nerdy men, some that look way too British.

obscure, but I went for it

Jintor

Twist ending: they're all bern

So Vampire Bloodlines is still really fucking good. Holds up well. Character animation has suffered though. Fuck I wish Troika still existed. I would kill a man for something like it with modern tech. Maybe White Wolf will let Obsidian play around with it one day.

Bernbaum

did you have find my iPad installed?

Yes, it's WiFi only, and hasn't yet been connected to the internet. Did a precautionary password change for all the apps/weblinks I had loaded on the thing.

It was an iPad 2.

Very, very close to going out and buying a retina iPad this afternoon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Twist ending: they're all bern

So Vampire Bloodlines is still really fucking good. Holds up well. Character animation has suffered though. Fuck I wish Troika still existed. I would kill a man for something like it with modern tech. Maybe White Wolf will let Obsidian play around with it one day.

Best RPG team that ever existed, with among the best writers in the industry. Of all the shit that has happened in this industry over the years I've been gaming, Troika's demise was the first to have an emotional impact on me. I felt so awful, knowing that these magnificent, genre defining artists were no longer a team. To know I would never see anything from Troika ever again. Guh.

Bloodlines' character writing and dialogue is basically unmatched, in my opinion. Nearly the entire cast is memorable, and every line of dialogue they speak is interesting.

Bernbaum

a silly loss

It was.

I was showing someone something on it, put it down on top of my bag instead of inside it, and went back to drinking and forgot about it until I couldn't find it. Would have taken two seconds for me to have slipped it into my bag.

Rez, you owned an iPad 2 as well as a retina one, didn't you? Worth the upgrade?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It was.

I was showing someone something on it, put it down on top of my bag instead of inside it, and went back to drinking and forgot about it until I couldn't find it. Would have taken two seconds for me to have slipped it into my bag.

Rez, you owned an iPad 2 as well as a retina one, didn't you? Worth the upgrade?

do you use it to read eBooks, news and magazines? If so, definitely. Edge, for example, recently updated their digital versions from PDF scans to ground-up iPad versions and they're really, really nice.

As far as video content goes, I rarely watch anything in HD so I'm not the right guy to ask.

midonnay

wow!!!

murray - 30 - love up aiming for a tiebreak....

federer does a cheeky drop shot to steal a point and wins the next 3 to get the second set....

good time to go to bed I guess >_>

Bernbaum

do you use it to read eBooks, news and magazines? If so, definitely. Edge, for example, recently updated their digital versions from PDF scans to ground-up iPad versions and they're really, really nice.

As far as video content goes, I rarely watch anything in HD so I'm not the right guy to ask.
My iPad is (was) an iBooks, Comixology, National Geographic and magazine reader, with the occasional game.

Will go have a play at the Apple store and see if I want it bad enough.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Got today off. Thanks cough. EVO TIME!

I probably could go in but it's one of those coughs that when it starts, it just keeps on going, so you sound like you're dying 14 times over.

Bern, Just set up your iPad to remote wipe whenever it connects to find my ipad, they are bound to connect it to a wifi network at some stage. Unless you want to potentially find it then play that fun game.

If you are using the iPad for mostly reading then the retina probably is worth the upgrade. Easier on the eyes and all that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My parents still like bringing up the idea of me getting a cheap investment property while I'm kicking it at home.

It's tempting but feels so complicated. I know VOOK is the only youngish dude in here that actually does it. I'm sure Fred has one and I believe someone else does as well.

I might do it this year. See how it goes. How broke can I get?! D:

On the streets wanting socks in 4 months time.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
how far did you get into it?
Not completely sure I definitely played it for around 2 hours though.
"you need to subject yourself to more of something you don't enjoy" is never a good defense of something, I'll give you that, but the shooting really is just a means to an end after a while. Notch it down to easy or something and just enjoy the, uh, super-cool, like, vibe, dude.
The atmosphere and style is definitely awesome, and pfft in a way I'll haft to subject myself to more of it, considering I paid $20 for it!

Stackboy

I pop in from time to time here at Ausgaf, been doing so for the last couple of years but I've never answered the most important questions of my life, so here goes.

Steam ID?Stackboy
360 Gamertag?Stackboy Royale
PS3 thingy?Stackboy_Royale
Twitterer?stackboyroyale (notice a trend?)
How many of your children has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far? I haven't duped any women into having my face on their babies......yet.
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? Roger Moore. C'moooon, he's cheesy as!
Would you buy a Crackdown 3? Another collectathon? Sure!
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas? I'm always partying (if by partying you mean eating cheezels with no pants on)
iOS gamer or Android user? I'm on Android, but once my contract is done in January I'm going iPhone and Telstra
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM? As long as I can play the games I pay for, I'm happy.
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming? No, gaming grrrrls are.
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies? I enjoy all sweet things
UGG boots. Do you speak it? Nah, my feet get too sweaty
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips. Sure. I just like junk food, really.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY? Picked up a Vita in the states recently. Heaps pleased.
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan? Card games, Munchkin in particular. Play every lunchtime at work.
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here. Miranda Kerr. Hnnnnnnnngg
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole? Politicians are space jerks
Jalapeño man? Wat
BACON MAN? You had me at bacon
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider? Bourbon. But most booze, yes.
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge? Can take it or leave it
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez? Both, really into BF3 at the moment
Any glass eyeballs? I wish
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013? No, but I met Ken Levine at PAX East and I am now cool with waiting for Bioshock Infinite
Are you Mayan or can use Maya? Is this your sister or something?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time It's pretty heaps good, but UT2004 says hi.

LOVE ME AUSGAF

Clipper

OK, the Roll20 implementation of Discworld:Ankh Morpork was tested last night (thanks Fogz) and I'm almost certain it will work for a full game. Who's in for a game tonight and if so, what time is best?

I should mention it's free and you only need a web browser (preferably not Chrome due to some missing features, but it is suitable) and approximately 2 hours of free time. We'll likely chat through the AusGAF Mumble server rather than the app, but that's free to set up too if you haven't already done it.

Oh and if anyone wants a game throughout the day, I'm on leave this week, so I'm up for it. The game is best with 3 or 4 players, but does work with 2 if that's all we can get.

Jintor

So I dreamed I choked a guy to death and then spent the rest of the dream in an action movie. At some point I became convinced I was in some kind of version of Terraria except I was also doing Kung-Fu. Man, I love dreams.

Jintor

My parents still like bringing up the idea of me getting a cheap investment property while I'm kicking it at home.

It's tempting but feels so complicated. I know VOOK is the only youngish dude in here that actually does it. I'm sure Fred has one and I believe someone else does as well.

I don't have any insight here, but goddamn I wish I had an investment property!

OK, the Roll20 implementation of Discworld:Ankh Morpork was tested last night (thanks Fogz) and I'm almost certain it will work for a full game. Who's in for a game tonight and if so, what time is best?

I should mention it's free and you only need a web browser (preferably not Chrome due to some missing features, but it is suitable) and approximately 2 hours of free time. We'll likely chat through the AusGAF Mumble server rather than the app, but that's free to set up too if you haven't already done it.

Oh and if anyone wants a game throughout the day, I'm on leave this week, so I'm up for it. The game is best with 3 or 4 players, but does work with 2 if that's all we can get.

Yea i have some interest for this.

Also FYI RadelaideGAF. I fly down on the 9th August and leave on the night of the 13th. I am keen for a meetup if anyone there is.

I went halfsies with my parents when I was young 20's in an investment property and then ended up with a second one a couple of years later.

As long as the rental market is strong (which in Perth it always is) you can't go wrong. Even if the capital value of the investment doesn't go up that much the rent usually does so you have someone else paying it off for you, plus negative gear it and get something back come tax time.

Fredescu

What does negative gearing have to do with capitalism?

Personally, I'd be waiting a couple of years before buying an investment property. Prices have been on the slide for 18 months and rents are sure to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom