• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure are! Kicked off in Sydney the past two nights and by the looks of it are coming to Melbourne on the 14th.

If you can get a ticket and know enough about them: do it! Really hilarious show, they're incredibly funny.
$85 a ticket (plus handling)! What! I have a Ticketek voucher (given as a gift from the mother-in-law; only valid for 6 months - don't ever buy one of those) but it's Ticketmaster.

I'm a fan of their TV show and I guess by extension their music since both are intertwined. Is $170 (for the wife and I) worth it for someone like me?

JMizzlin

$85 a ticket (plus handling)! What! I have a Ticketek voucher (given as a gift from the mother-in-law; only valid for 6 months - don't ever buy one of those) but it's Ticketmaster.

I'm a fan of their TV show and I guess by extension their music since both are intertwined. Is $170 (for the wife and I) worth it for someone like me?

Probably not, no :( I paid for my ticket a while ago so completely forgot about the cost =/ But yeah, $170 is a bit much.

Rez: prepare for a great night.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
399483_392384864151501_775564512_n.jpg

just had my house warming party!!!

I think you mean what Sworcery is this (sorry, just finished Sword & Sworcery this week). Was this a MelGAF meetup, Holy? Are there more pics of Ani in compromising positions?

Jintor

Goddamnit Chrome why don't you save my tabs in the case of a forced shutdown

now I have to figure out which shitty legal firms I liked again

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think you mean what Sworcery is this (sorry, just finished Sword & Sworcery this week). Was this a MelGAF meetup, Holy? Are there more pics of Ani in compromising positions?

lol no ausgaf here

just a large number of friends from adelaide that all hapened to be over this weekend! was a good night

one of the lads has stormed off in anger after he knocked over a beer after i warned him and now we dont know where he is, and 2 others have gone to find him (they left an hour ago) im in bed avoiding responsibilities

lol no ausgaf here

just a large number of friends from adelaide that all hapened to be over this weekend! was a good night

one of the lads has stormed off in anger after he knocked over a beer after i warned him and now we dont know where he is, and 2 others have gone to find him (they left an hour ago) im in bed avoiding responsibilities

good jorb. im sure hes a big kid that can handle himself.

hamchan

I can't believe Running Man just keeps getting better and better. Episode 51 and 58 were amazing psychological battles between the cast members. Why can't Western reality/variety shows be as awesome as this?

Bernbaum

Of course, LondonGAF is held in the wake of a massive gay pride parade.

There's well-dressed young men and discarded alcopops cans EVERYWHERE.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As soon as my tax return hits, I'm churning the fuck away from TPG. Back in March, I posted on WP that my connection, since churning last April, had been practically perfect, but these past few months have been... embarrassing. For instance, here's my current Usenet speed (five connections; sync speed 6.3Mbit):

tlkn6.jpg

Having said that, I'd like to thank TPG for the ~12 months of bliss; I've bought four 2TB HDDs since April 2011 and have filled them all.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As soon as my tax return hits, I'm churning the fuck away from TPG. Back in March, I posted on WP that my connection, since churning last April, had been practically perfect, but these past few months have been... embarrassing. For instance, here's my current Usenet speed (five connections; sync speed 6.3Mbit):

tlkn6.jpg

Having said that, I'd like to thank TPG for the ~12 months of bliss; I've bought four 2TB HDDs since April 2011 and have filled them all.

Why only 5 connections? Have you tried a different location server and who is the provider?

tlkn6.jpg

give speedtest a go, it may be your usenet provider.

Rahk

I can't believe Running Man just keeps getting better and better. Episode 51 and 58 were amazing psychological battles between the cast members. Why can't Western reality/variety shows be as awesome as this?
Truth. I'm only up to ep 30 or so though.

Too late now, but I believe you can ctrl+shift+T to reopen tabs even after you've closed Chrome.

When that happens to me I just open a new tab and go to Recently closed down the bottom right. Will be one there that says '7 tabs' instead of a webpage and it will reopen all the tabs that were open at the time the Chrome process was killed. Even brings back half written GAF posts!

Will still be in your History too so just jump into the History page and find the entry with 'x tabs'.

midonnay

I actually like it when chrome does that....

better than have 200 tabs on firefox open, have it crash....

restart again and having to load 200 tabs at once >_>

Clipper

OK, so I have nearly finished adding all the stuff so we can play Discworld: Ankh Morpork (SydGAF's favourite boardgame) online via Roll20. I still need another hour or two to separate out the images of the final card deck, but then I'll be really keen to test out if this thing works or not. Anybody who has the arvo free and is keen to play should let me know in AusGAF Steam Chat.

OK, so I have nearly finished adding all the stuff so we can play Discworld: Ankh Morpork (SydGAF's favourite boardgame) online via Roll20. I still need another hour or two to separate out the images of the final card deck, but then I'll be really keen to test out if this thing works or not. Anybody who has the arvo free and is keen to play should let me know in AusGAF Steam Chat.

How long does it take to play? Still have the parents here but I love the fuck out of Discworld!

Kritz

Banned
Coming home to tassie today. I managed to get quiet sick between the wedding and hitting the gold coast again, so have spent the last 2 days sleeping in my hotel room instead of seeing the sights and meeting a few people I've not seen in a while.

Went to a coffee club to grab some food, but there's a 30 Mingus delay on food orders. And I have to leave in 15 minutes to catch he taxi from my hotel. :( guess there's always airport food.

So, was fun being here. Just a shame my hayfever hit me like it did, leading me to become sick with something else along the way. Wouldn't have happened if I'd put my suitcase in the correct van, or if the other van my family rented didn't take a 3 hour detour in maleny.

If it wasn't so hot here I'd be tempted to move here after uni. Unfortunately ( :p ) I will instead likely move to Melbourne instead. Or somewhere cold. I wonder if Canada needs a programmer.

Clipper

I've completed the upload of stuff for Discworld and will be ready to trial this in a few minutes.

How long does it take to play? Still have the parents here but I love the fuck out of Discworld!

It takes about an hour on a real board when you know what you're doing. I'd add an extra hour or so to learn how to play and for online weirdness, so let's say 2.

Fucking phone is playing up terribly. Started a week or two ago bringing up the message

Charging paused. Voltage too high.

After taking it off the charger overnight. Continually brings up the message every minute or so until randomly not doing it any more (I assume when the voltage goes down :/)

Does this mean the battery is fucking and needs replacing? Or would it be something internal to the phone as well? I have noticed today the keyboard is terribly unresponsive when trying to type out tweets.

Went to a coffee club to grab some food, but there's a 30 Mingus delay on food orders.
Best auto-correct error ever!

Also I thought the Canadian gaming industry wasn't so lucrative any more since they dropped some tax breaks or something?

Kritz

Banned
Take the battery out and see if it's bulging a little. Try spinning in on a flat surface. If it keeps spinning, replace it.

Also applicable if the batteries in your boiled eggs need replacing.

Reptile, Im pretty doubtful I will work in the games industry in any country. :( I think there's too high a talent bar, and he area is too competitive to ever attempt entering it.

My long term goal at the moment is to make a game that I feel is worth money to play. Which I probably won't. :p

But if I put a few programming years under my belt for software development, who knows where that will lead. Even if I have been told multiple times that game programmers are often the ones recommended to companies who look for uni students to hire.

But I was told that by my game design teachers... Grain of salt and all that

Also I thought the Canadian gaming industry wasn't so lucrative any more since they dropped some tax breaks or something?

The tax breaks differ by province. Quebec's are just better than say British Columbia or Ontario's which is why Vancouver seems to have studio closures and mass lay-offs while Montreal doesn't. However, if you want to go to Quebec, start learning French. Quebec has its own immigration laws. but they do have maple syrup so its swings and roundaboots

http://youtu.be/7osGfFTQVtU

or stay in Tassie, Kritz and make your own games.

Take the battery out and see if it's bulging a little. Try spinning in on a flat surface. If it keeps spinning, replace it.

No bulge, no spin. Now the damn thing after several restarts keeps thinking for a microsecond that I have it on a charger so it keeps dinging and bringing up the charge symbol....... fuck this is annoying.

Telstra had the expanded battery pack on sale for $25 not long ago, might have to look into grabbing one so if it is the battery the issue is fixed (and I get a longer battery!) or if it doesn't fix it I can give it to Optus to fix before I hit 12 months next month (and then have a longer battery when it gets back from Korea!).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why only 5 connections? Have you tried a different location server and who is the provider?

Because my connection speed is currently only 6.3Mbit; five connections is more than enough. I tried switching to Astraweb's EU server to no avail.

give speedtest a go, it may be your usenet provider.

To Internode's CA-based server:

2051458531.png

(Local speeds are fine.)

Although I want to churn, the only problem is that I'm stuck on a Zone 2 (regional) exchange with no non-Telstra Wholesale DSLAMs to speak of, so there aren't a lot of high-quota, short/no-contract options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom