• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1chard

Optus want to bump up the price of my cable Internet connection? They've finally pushed me over the edge. Enquiries now in with Internode as to whether their (much, much cheaper) services can serve as a replacement.

a key point around every piece of law i've read on this is that there has to be a gate or restriction around enabling and getting that content. Its going to be very difficult to haev R18 games on Live and PSN for download under the current systems and to meet the proposed laws.

We could be fucked :(
Make all PSN accounts require a credit card on the system to access any R18 content on the store, just like how PSN+ content is locked out from non-PSN+ people.

Fred i dug mroe. The RC 2 years jail is if a minor is watching.
I thought as much, seemed like a strange jump straight to 2 years.

I made a new avatar. I wonder how long I'll find it funny

edit: its already not funny. looking for a replacement

Segato Sanshiro
segata_sanshiro.jpg

Kritz

Banned
I am so relieved to have submitted that assignment. I know I won't get more than a credit, but screw it. Graphics and animation programming is the hardest and most useless thing I've ever done at uni.

Unless places are hiring for an OpenGL animation programmer.

r1chard

I am so relieved to have submitted that assignment. I know I won't get more than a credit, but screw it. Graphics and animation programming is the hardest and most useless thing I've ever done at uni.

Unless places are hiring for an OpenGL animation programmer.

OpenGL's the way of the future! (except on Windows and consoles but they're dead AMIRITE?)

Choc

Banned
see when you read the classification acts it would seem tha titunes and bigpond are breaking the law providing R18 movies to download directly to the house.

so clearly there are loopholes somewhere. Guarantee games get looked at differently. Cunts

Omikron

see when you read the classification acts it would seem tha titunes and bigpond are breaking the law providing R18 movies to download directly to the house.

so clearly there are loopholes somewhere. Guarantee games get looked at differently. Cunts

Steam provides unrated content...ie. Walking Dead.

Kritz

Banned
Hey, look at that. Tasmania has hipsters now.

Knee high jeans (cut with scissors), crocs and socks, a red and black checkered hoodie (covering most of his head with the hoodie), and some sweet neon yellow glasses that don't appear to have any glass in them.

So is Starfox 64 3D any good? Bear in mind that I've never played a Starfox game and am only considering buying it because it comes in a bundle along with Theatrhythm (and Nano Assault, OoT3D and MGS 3D).

The same applies to MGS3D, I guess, but I'm thinking I'd need the CPP to play that properly. The demo on a vanilla 3DS was not good.

Choc

Banned
Steam provides unrated content...ie. Walking Dead.

thats because its not illegal to digitally distribute unclassified games as its a digital import and its not illegal to import unclassified games

its different if the game is classified

Stackboy

With daylight savings in play, you guys drop off an hour early on Fridays.

This does not satisfy my entertainment needs and I'll need you stay back an hour later in the future.

Thank you.

A guy who lives in Queensland.

Arksy

Guys I wouldn't be too worried about this.

No Court is going to send someone to prison for any of this unless it's an exceptionally egregious case. Like showing Manhunt to a kindergarten class. At most it'll be a suspended sentence.

Choc

Banned
Hold up, that can't be right

What can't be right?

Arksy don't be so sure. The victorian law reads like mandatory sentencing. It says, that the penalty units for showing an RC item to a minor is changing from 20 penalty points to 240.

Basically they've gone from 0-100mph.

Just how it reads? I mean you may be right but you are going to get slapped harder if 240 penalty points is the minimum (which is how it reads)

Choc

Banned
Can you legitimately digitally distribute unclassified media?

hello itunes.

Yes jintor you can. Sony and Microsoft rate games to be nice (and because some of the time those games do end up at retail)

its a loophole. The classification law basically revolves around the selling at retail stores and focuses on that. It never took into account digital delivery (in 1995)

Arksy

What can't be right?

Arksy don't be so sure. The victorian law reads like mandatory sentencing. It says, that the penalty units for showing an RC item to a minor is changing from 20 penalty points to 240.

Basically they've gone from 0-100mph.

Just how it reads? I mean you may be right but you are going to get slapped harder if 240 penalty points is the minimum (which is how it reads)

Doesn't it change at the point of conversion. I.e Maximum year jail time per 50 penalty points or whatever.

Choc

Banned
Doesn't it change at the point of conversion. I.e Maximum year jail time per 50 penalty points or whatever.

no it says its changing the RC penalty points from 20 to 240

its written directly in the law so it seems mandatory 240 points.

midonnay

So is Starfox 64 3D any good? Bear in mind that I've never played a Starfox game and am only considering buying it because it comes in a bundle along with Theatrhythm (and Nano Assault, OoT3D and MGS 3D).

I got it on the 3ds but haven't got around to playing it yet.

I've finished it on the N64 though and its awesome.....just very short. However there are multiple pathways.

Rezbit

Starfox 3D was fun as hell, but is still short. Probably not quite as great a value proposition as Ocarina 3D, but if you love on-rails spaceship shooters with anthropomorphic animals GET IT INTO YA!

I've never played an on-rails starship shooter with anthropomorphic animals...

Is it similar in any way to the behind-the-ship levels in Nano Assault? Those were fun.

But if it's short on content, I might be better off getting Theatrhythm by itself.

Thanks for th replies!

Weren't you saying in irc that you disapproved of the word cunt?

no
i said i didnt like the word, same as i dont like the word pussy or some others the word moist
edit: the word itself. i dont give a shit about the meaning of it.
also i notice a common theme.

sixthsense

Neo Member
Hey guys, new aus gaffer here. Looking to pickup nintendo 3ds XL. Does anyone know where can I get the best deal here in Sydney or maybe import ? Is it region locked only to Australia game ?

Ydahs

Hey guys, new aus gaffer here. Looking to pickup nintendo 3ds XL. Does anyone know where can I get the best deal here in Sydney or maybe import ? Is it region locked only to Australia game ?

As long as it's PAL (basically from Europe), you should be okay with importing. With that said, the Aussie price is pretty good anyway so I don't think there's a need to import. JB Hifi has it for $230, but this is probably the best deal you'll find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom