• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syd-gaf! Would you be interested in having a meet up around November 23rd? I'll be down in Sydney over that weekend so we should do something fun. Would a day or night event be better? Day would probably be better for me but if people have work and stuff I can organise to stay in the city so we can do dinner/drinks/something.

Also Brisbane people, if you're free around the end of October it'd be cool to catch up again. Schnapps and/or boardgames?

That is all.

Turned on PS3 after work today, greeted with Tokyo Jungle ad that says $20 RRP, $15.96 for PSN+.
Bought PSN credit for Tokyo Jungle.
Navigate to Tokyo Jungle in store. $20.
PSN+ discount for Tokyo Jungle has ended.
Tokyo Jungle ad still says $20 RRP, $15.96 for PSN+.

Will wait until sale for Tokyo Jungle. Thanks Sony.

Shaneus

Turned on PS3 after work today, greeted with Tokyo Jungle ad that says $20 RRP, $15.96 for PSN+.
Bought PSN credit for Tokyo Jungle.
Navigate to Tokyo Jungle in store. $20.
PSN+ discount for Tokyo Jungle has ended.
Tokyo Jungle ad still says $20 RRP, $15.96 for PSN+.

Will wait until sale for Tokyo Jungle. Thanks Sony.
Fucking seriously?

Can I ask why you hadn't gotten it earlier? Not having a go (no kidding) just wondering.

Fucking seriously?

Can I ask why you hadn't gotten it earlier? Not having a go (no kidding) just wondering.

Just hadn't gotten around to it. I had $8 in my wallet so I didn't initially buy it and since the HDMI keeps dropping out I can't be fucked using the PS3 for more than 5 minutes until I try a new cable.

If I had money in the wallet I would have bought it on release day :/

Oh well, the wife has forgotten about it anyway, will pick up during Xmas/Easter/Whatever sale since I feel slightly slighted by the fact that it says it should still be on sale.

Buy it from the US store, at $12 it's cheaper than AU sale price :p

Edit: Sorry, 12 was sale price. Normal price is 14.99. Still cheap.

Issue there is that if I get a Vita I will have to switch memory cards and profiles in order to remote play with a US account won't I?

Also all my games and PSN monies are in my AU account :/

Gazunta

Got on the computer 3 hours ago to finally play XCOM, it's started re-downloading everything even though it said it had already pre-loaded it all before. Ten minutes to go now but it's too late tonight to start playing.

Blah. Master Race my ass. Kicking myself for not getting the 360 version.

20th Century Boys seems like the sort of thing some of you guys would already know about, but if you don't, maybe look into it. The first live action movie is on TV at the moment and despite having no idea what they're saying, I think I like it.

I mean, it's no Air Doll, but I'm sure there'll be a Hollywood remake before long.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Holy shit.

NBN Co. said:
Fibre | Work commenced - work commenced in your area on Sep 2012.

YES! I wasn't expecting work to commence here for at least another few months.

Jintor

Stressing out about xcom classic. That game keeps kicking you in the dick over and over and over again, especially at early levels

20th Century Boys seems like the sort of thing some of you guys would already know about, but if you don't, maybe look into it. The first live action movie is on TV at the moment and despite having no idea what they're saying, I think I like it.
Live action? Huh, I thought it would have been turned into an animated series first. I really need to finish reading the series at some point. Aaaaaand read the last two volumes of Pluto. Damn, so much reading I need to get around to.

Holy shit.

YES! I wasn't expecting work to commence here for at least another few months.
I hate you. They kept on pushing the Springfield Lakes date back until they just removed it completely from the plans. It was once on the "to be commenced within one year" and isn't even listed as "to being within 3 years" so I assume all plans have been quietly killed. We don't even have internet here. It seems like the NBN is more interested in bringing faster internet to those that already have it, not supplying it to people that have no options beyond mobile internet.

True story: I was in Borneo a couple of years ago. Middle of the forest. No towns around for a hundred or so kilometres. Little ranger shacks had broadband internet. Fucking Orang-utans in the middle of nowhere had better access to the internet than I did. 2 years ago. It's a fucking joke.

Rahk

I mean, it's no Air Doll, but I'm sure there'll be a Hollywood remake before long.
I watched the first movie when it came out, but felt some of the scenes didn't have as much impact as the manga. I haven't gotten around to watching the rest. Still worth a watch if you haven't read it.

Stressing out about xcom classic. That game keeps kicking you in the dick over and over and over again, especially at early levels
I learned from my first playthrough to buy satellites early, so two of those were the first thing I bought. I'm now doing considerably better, but I'm sure that will change at any moment.

Shaneus

True story: I was in Borneo a couple of years ago. Middle of the forest. No towns around for a hundred or so kilometres. Little ranger shacks had broadband internet. Fucking Orang-utans in the middle of nowhere had better access to the internet than I did. 2 years ago. It's a fucking joke.
Every time I hear "Borneo" the only thing I'm able to think of is a D-Gen sketch on one of their albums with Michael Veitch playing some grumpy, senile ex-WW1 vet. It's a bit funny.

I'd love it if it were possible for D-Gen and The Late Show to release every single episode they made. I know they can't but would really love to watch them all again.

It wouldn't be a problem in this day and age because the episodes would have been up on the internet within minutes of being broadcast.

Not that I'd be able to download them, of course... grumblegrumblegrumble...

I just left a passive-aggressive note on my shampoo bottle for my housemates telling them to buy their own damn shampoo... I feel dirty about it. I never thought it would come to this!

I'd love it if it were possible for D-Gen and The Late Show to release every single episode they made. I know they can't but would really love to watch them all again.

It wouldn't be a problem in this day and age because the episodes would have been up on the internet within minutes of being broadcast.

Not that I'd be able to download them, of course... grumblegrumblegrumble...

They had to leave off parts of The Best of the Late Show due to legal problems.... so it may be difficult. It would totally rule though.

Shaneus

If it helps, I discovered only the other day that the entire Fast Forward series is on DVD! Also, I have a mate who said a while back that a friend of his had every episode saved to VHS. Useless I know, but it's information... so there you go.

And guys. GUYS!

Coming to XBLA and PSN! Both TJ&E and Panic on Funkatron!
I'm yet to buy a "classic" Megadrive game on either platform (unless you count the MD pack that was released on PC as well for a stupidly low price) but I'll be damned if I'm not getting this. Hyped.

And if you didn't have it in your head before, you will soon:
The music of TJ&E (some of the best in any game of that era, on either console)
Surprisingly good live cover of TJ&E music

Clipper

SydGAF signal lit...

Syd-gaf! Would you be interested in having a meet up around November 23rd? I'll be down in Sydney over that weekend so we should do something fun. Would a day or night event be better? Day would probably be better for me but if people have work and stuff I can organise to stay in the city so we can do dinner/drinks/something.

Also Brisbane people, if you're free around the end of October it'd be cool to catch up again. Schnapps and/or boardgames?

That is all.

I'm glad your post made this page or else I would have missed this, actually...

But yes, we should definitely do something. For just food/drinks, we should definitely do an evening, I think, but I have no preference and will let you and others decide. I think we could also organise a board games day on one of the weekend days if you are interested and can make it. How does that sound?

If you have a full day to spare for us, we could even do the often proposed, but never implemented full day of SydGAF, with board games leading up to a full meetup. What do we all think on this one?

They were still on the disc though, Hidden away. Like russel crowe as shirty(?) the slightly agressive bear.
No, the parts to which fapp is referring are mainly legal issues relating to music. On the DVDs they replaced some music with royalty-free stuff or had to excise the whole segment completely.

Edit: If I remember my Late Show, each episode had a Toilet Break, where they would show either crappy clips of bad bands or were even musical acts from the how Pot Luck. None of those can be used for copyright reasons, so every episode would not be complete. There are other segments that would not make it to DVD, for similar reasons.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
No, the parts to which fapp is referring are mainly legal issues relating to music. On the DVDs they replaced some music with royalty-free stuff or had to excise the whole segment completely.

Edit: If I remember my Late Show, each episode had a Toilet Break, where they would show either crappy clips of bad bands or were even musical acts from the how Pot Luck. None of those can be used for copyright reasons, so every episode would not be complete. There are other segments that would not make it to DVD, for similar reasons.

Oh yea, There was a few of those that couldn't be shown. There was also some that "couldn't" but were also still on the disc.

A good amount of late show material will never see the day because of the legal issues, which is a shame.

Wow, the Late Show had its 20th Anniversary on the 18th of July of this year.

It simultaneously does and doesn't feel like that long a time ago.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The manga goes to shit past volume 15th though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
next melb gaf meet up!

oct 19th!
5pm, in the CBD

participants include
holycheck
bananaarnie
omi
aon
lafiel
evlcookie
man

maybe
eat children
Megadrive + lady megadrive
fappen

showing up later
aniseed

fuck you
cods

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hate you. They kept on pushing the Springfield Lakes date back until they just removed it completely from the plans. It was once on the "to be commenced within one year" and isn't even listed as "to being within 3 years" so I assume all plans have been quietly killed. We don't even have internet here. It seems like the NBN is more interested in bringing faster internet to those that already have it, not supplying it to people that have no options beyond mobile internet.

That's unfortunate. Google tells me that NBN plans for Springfield Lakes were temporarily shelved due to Telstra's infrastructure in the area and NBN Co's hesitance to use the Polaris Data Centre as an alternative FAN. You'd think that something as vital to the rollout as Telstra's existing infrastructure would have been investigated and approved prior to the naming of the region as a rollout site.

Similarly, iiNet was once planning to put its hardware in a few exchanges down my way, but this was quietly shelved. I enquired about this recently and inferred from the response that iiNet could use the competitive backhaul put in place for near-complete NBN sites (an FSA down in Mandurah is set to go live early next year) to create a viable environment for its DSLAM rollout, but I suppose with virtually all suburbs within the footprint of said exchanges now being, at most, 12-14 months away from having fibre (the remaining few being on the one-year plan, awaiting commencement), there's no need.

senahorse

YAY, today was VAX time for the cats, they really loved it. Next up I have to clean the pool, it has been very windy in Brisbane for the last few days and I can see more leaves than pool :/

Kritz

Banned
I think I might be going up to Melbourne again sometime in January. Should do another melb gaf.

I was going to go up around the 3rd of November, but I have an exam two days before and two days after. So that's a no go.

Shaneus

next melb gaf meet up!

oct 19th!
5pm, in the CBD

participants include
holycheck
bananaarnie
omi
aon
lafiel
evlcookie
man

maybe
eat children
fappen

showing up later
aniseed

fuck you
cods
Yep, I'm in. That's next Friday, yeah? Weather looking decent?

HolyCheck

next melb gaf meet up!

oct 19th!
5pm, in the CBD

participants include
holycheck
bananaarnie
omi
aon
lafiel
evlcookie
man
shaneus

maybe
eat children
fappen

showing up later
aniseed

fuck you
cods

weather forcast:
mostly sunny,22

Rahk

SydGAF signal lit...

I'm glad your post made this page or else I would have missed this, actually...

But yes, we should definitely do something. For just food/drinks, we should definitely do an evening, I think, but I have no preference and will let you and others decide. I think we could also organise a board games day on one of the weekend days if you are interested and can make it. How does that sound?

If you have a full day to spare for us, we could even do the often proposed, but never implemented full day of SydGAF, with board games leading up to a full meetup. What do we all think on this one?
I shoul be good for a full day or whatever if nothing comes up.

So, seems like I will be walking into an EBGames and picking up Halo 4 on launch day. Livestream is ridiculous even though the dude playing is terrible.

I just left a passive-aggressive note on my shampoo bottle for my housemates telling them to buy their own damn shampoo... I feel dirty about it. I never thought it would come to this!
Just keep your shampoo in your room, that's what we had to do living on Residence!

HolyCheck

daaamn

me and my housemate have issues (i get shitty at him for only cleaning up if i tell him to) but he;s getting bettter

but that';s low

if either of us did that we woudl tell the other guy straight up

"ey man i used your shampoo as i ran out today, buying some more tomorrow sorry"

thats just scummy :(

FUCK XCOM IN THE BALLS

man that game kicks you in the dick

Yup. Those fucking aliens are just the epitome of arsehole and know just how to get at you.

Like this one time they killed a dude I was supposed to protect, made that dude spawn as a zombie, and that zombie fucking got a crit hit on my main dude, killing him instantly. If I wasn't capturing footage for a review, I would've thrown my Xbox out the window. Goddamn it's evil and yet so fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom