• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like fun, how do you sign up?

really?
umm kinda just putting feelers out to see how many people would be interested and what states those people are in.

id imagine it would be over the course of decent amount of time to give people a chance as i doubt most will put much effort into it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, Dishonored definitely takes the spot of my favourite 2012 game so far. Haven't played XCOM yet, but Dishonored clicked on almost all levels. Amazing game.

About to see Icehouse perform live at an RSL. Waiting for support group (with no members born when Icehouse was in their heyday) to piss off so I can wave a lighter in the air and shout "play Need You Tonight!"

My wife and I are the youngest people here- apart from the support band and their girlfriends who may or may not be great grandchildren of the main act.

Rezbit

About to see Icehouse perform live at an RSL. Waiting for support group (with no members born when Icehouse was in their heyday) to piss off so I can wave a lighter in the air and shout "play Need You Tonight!"

My wife and I are the youngest people here- apart from the support band and their girlfriends who may or may not be great grandchildren of the main act.

Lol, that's awesome.

jambo

Adelaide Gaf meet up

November 3rd - november 11th

what dates work for people????

I'll be in Sydney for the weekend of the 10th-11th for Radiohead, so the previous weekend would be best. I'd probably be free a couple of nights during the week too if needed.

I'm brisgaf on hols visiting my inlaws who've moved to Tuncurry.

The session muso is giving Iva a break by singing one of how own songs.

In related news there is now a long line for the toilets.

Icehouse is doing brisbane at the Alex Hills Hotel, BTW. damn good show.

I am so damn jealous. Do they have a big communal bath? :O If so, dooo eeeeet!
This one has a separate one for men and for women. Seems most bathe before dinner. I bathed after and had the place to myself. Because the little rinsing bucket is made from the same wood as the little stool, I didn't realise I was sitting on it (the bucket was upside down on top of the stool) until part way through! Oops! The bath was made entirely from Hinoki cypress which was pretty sweet.

You have my jealously! Pics of food please.

I've only stayed in a ryokan like once, but I was too young to really appreciate it:/
Follow on Twitter (details in the first post). There's a ton of food photos.

trinest

Icehouse ay? I wouldn't mind seeing them and listing to some Electric Blue.

So, Dishonored definitely takes the spot of my favourite 2012 game so far. Haven't played XCOM yet, but Dishonored clicked on almost all levels. Amazing game.

Sleeping Dogs is still my GOTY. For me Dishonored isn't all that enjoyable, its alright, but it doesn't make me excited and interested. Sleeping Dogs was what did that for me for the sandbox gta style genre.

Jintor

Icehouse ay? I wouldn't mind seeing them and listing to some Electric Blue.

Sleeping Dogs is still my GOTY. For me Dishonored isn't all that enjoyable, its alright, but it doesn't make me excited and interested. Sleeping Dogs was what did that for me for the sandbox gta style genre.

Further proof that people are crazy

This one has a separate one for men and for women. Seems most bathe before dinner. I bathed after and had the place to myself. Because the little rinsing bucket is made from the same wood as the little stool, I didn't realise I was sitting on it (the bucket was upside down on top of the stool) until part way through! Oops! The bath was made entirely from Hinoki cypress which was pretty sweet.

Follow on Twitter (details in the first post). There's a ton of food photos.
Cool beans. We stayed in this ryokan on Miyajima. It was so expensive, I still wince to think about, but you never ever forget the experience.

Enjoy.

Cool beans. We stayed in this ryokan on Miyajima. It was so expensive, I still wince to think about, but you never ever forget the experience.

Enjoy.
This one wasn't too pricey. ¥37000 for two nights, which was similar to the rate in Takayama (the day after their big Autumn festival). Probably about $220-230 a night. I can live with that.

I doubt any longer is worth it unless you're way into that stuff.

A ryokan on Miyajima would've been awesome! Did you go to Magome or Tsumago? Miyajma would've been nice after dark. Can't believe I forgot we were in Magome and got on the bus to Tsumago!

I hate twitter! But yeah, I have looked at your feed. I may even perhaps be the random person that translated your wood carving card thingo:O

Oh and the food looks great!
Ahh, that was you! I thought it was just some random person looking for Japanese stuff to translate! Thanks for that.

I find Twitter is only as good as the people you follow. Unlike Facebook at least it can be one-sided.

I got the Nexus 7. With the short play I had of it it's pretty great. I left my guitar at my girlfriend's dad's and the tablet at hers. So, I won't be screwing with it proper until this weekend. :D gives me a chance to make a unity thing to plonk on it and see how it runs

edit: according to the email i just checked i got Transformers 3: Michael Bay for free on it. I havent seen it so I may watch it

I got the Nexus 7. With the short play I had of it it's pretty great. I left my guitar at my girlfriend's dad's and the tablet at hers. So, I won't be screwing with it proper until this weekend. :D gives me a chance to make a unity thing to plonk on it and see how it runs

edit: according to the email i just checked i got Transformers 3: Michael Bay for free on it. I havent seen it so I may watch it

why are you scattering your belongings across Melbourne

Logitech Z906 speakers for $299

Anyone got these? I had the older Z5500 speakers a few years ago and they were superb. At this price, this is a great deal; is there anything better available in a similar price range?

This one wasn't too pricey. ¥37000 for two nights, which was similar to the rate in Takayama (the day after their big Autumn festival). Probably about $220-230 a night. I can live with that.

I doubt any longer is worth it unless you're way into that stuff.

A ryokan on Miyajima would've been awesome! Did you go to Magome or Tsumago? Miyajma would've been nice after dark. Can't believe I forgot we were in Magome and got on the bus to Tsumago!

Ahh, that was you! I thought it was just some random person looking for Japanese stuff to translate! Thanks for that.

I find Twitter is only as good as the people you follow. Unlike Facebook at least it can be one-sided.
I'm not sure which is which, but we were in the village opposite Hiroshima and stayed at a place called Iwaso. I remember paying the equivalent of $700 a night and needless to say we only spent the one night.

Miyajima at night is actually kind of dead, which is a shame.

legend166

My home internet has been down for the last 4-5 days. Ugh. TPG are pretty much no help at all.

I'm going to bite the bullet today and ring up and switch over to Bigpond Cable.

Gazunta

I'm actually trying to avoid any talk about XCOM, oddly enough. I love it to bits and it's the first time in over a decade where I'm not trying to dissect a game while playing it. I just want to enjoy it without really giving a thought about things other people have figured out about it.

In other news guys I need more suggestions for old games to make comics about!

Clipper

In other news guys I need more suggestions for old games to make comics about!

It seems like you never did Jack Attack yet! Man, that was a classic...
JackAttackAnimation2.gif

Miyajima at night is actually kind of dead, which is a shame.

Well at that price you'd want to take advantage of being in the ryokan I guess.

I actually don't remember how much the ones I stayed in cost. I went to this el cheapo one in Kyoto that was right next to the pachiko parlour, but also a really fancy one in Gifu with hot springs and all. Food was amazing, and it was the first time I'd seen stars in months.

midonnay

make sure the N7 doesn't have any faults.... >_>

dun want to wait a week for these types of things...but hopefully you have a newer model (I think the only diff is that took out some screws :p )

Well at that price you'd want to take advantage of being in the ryokan I guess.

I actually don't remember how much the ones I stayed in cost. I went to this el cheapo one in Kyoto that was right next to the pachiko parlour, but also a really fancy one in Gifu with hot springs and all. Food was amazing, and it was the first time I'd seen stars in months.
I thought about eating at the ryokan, but the dinner they offered was a traditional Japanese one for like $150 each. Needless to say we just ate at a teppanyaki place that night.

make sure the N7 doesn't have any faults.... >_>

dun want to wait a week for these types of things...but hopefully you have a newer model (I think the only diff is that took out some screws :p )

What sort of faults should I be looking for? I'll have to ask the gf to give it a once over and giving her something to look for would be helpful.

Deeku

I thought about eating at the ryokan, but the dinner they offered was a traditional Japanese one for like $150 each. Needless to say we just ate at a teppanyaki place that night.
Oh man, I would have thought meals would be included in the room rate:eek: The place looks amazing though.

Also I just spent like 20 minutes looking at ryokans lol

midonnay

What sort of faults should I be looking for? I'll have to ask the gf to give it a once over and giving her something to look for would be helpful.

the most common are screen lift, faulty speaker or dead pixels/lines.

but yeah, its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

ps: the mazec 7 notes handwriting IME for japanese is so awesome.

I actively try to fool it by writing totally out of stroke order and even leaving out strokes altogether and it still recognises most of the characters.

is 11 bucks though >_>

would be useful for anyone travelling in japan paired with a dictionary app *cough* *cough*

Rezbit

lol @ that my gf wants me to install the iphone app thread is hilarious

both the gf and the bf are mental.

Those threads always seem so fake. "Hey give me advice GAF! Lol jk just gonna ignore all of it and do stupid shit!" Then followed by reaction images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom