• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
man that app thread

Ibp57.gif

certainly took a turn for the worse on page 4

Jintor

The 'people post stupid comments on self-shot pictures of ladies' thread is also very, very amusing, and stumbling towards an inevitable implosion as we speak

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just called my grandparents, seems like they are all right for me to stay over at their place this saturday in melbourne.

Now I just gotta book a youth hostel for the friday night. Should be interesting.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
XCOM + Splashtop + iPad = blissful comfy couch gaming AND I can pretend to pay attention to the wife!
What?! Does this work as well as I'm imagining it does?

X-Com and Dishonored have both been really, really great games so far. I'm only about two hours into each but they're the sort of games that actually remind me why I love the medium so much in the first place. The Walking Dead is also remarkable, as far as interactive fiction goes. It's a great time for games.

Shaneus

HAY GUYS HOW FUNNY IS THAT THRAED OVER IN OT THATS REALLY FUNNY AND STUFF

NAH I DONT NEED TO POST A LINK. WHY WOULD I DO THAT.
In other news guys I need more suggestions for old games to make comics about!
Let me tell you about this game called Star Control 2...

Choc

Banned
CHOC: STOP TWEETING MECHANICS SPOILERS> FUCK>

EDIT: I really feel like holycheck now.

if your talking about the mythos tweet that isnt mentioned in game but apparently according to the previous game, that is indeed the case. It's no secret countries pull out on you. Thats always been in xcom

so therefore, not a spoiler!

So, it's not complex mathematics or anything. It's just... change a value, compile, look, animate, quit. Rinse repeat for every single fucking limb that needs to be changed.
So, the short answer is, it was hard because it was tedious and required a lot of tinkering with a lot of moving parts to do things that should be simple.

describe the animations in data files you can load in dynamically? would save time. Totally haven't read any other posts about whatever you're talking about. But that's what I'd do.

Gazunta

Thanks, Clip :)

And Rez, it works...mostly OK. You have to make sure the game is running in Windowed Mode first before trying to start Splashtop, and I'm getting 5 FPS on my iPad 1, but for this kind of game it still gets the job done :

If you own an iPad and love XCOM I highly recommend Aliens Versus Humans. It's basically classic XCOM with a proper user interface. And it's like, what, three bucks.

jambo

Pre-ordered a Wii U Premium bundle from EB on Friday, only had to put $50 down to get it.

Counting the days until Nov 30!

midonnay

A MAN wandered freely through private areas of Parliament House, including ministerial offices and a media conference with Prime Minister Julia Gillard, for 40 minutes before security picked him up.

A Senate estimates hearing on Monday discussed an incident on August 23 in which a man walked into a media conference with Ms Gillard, leaned past Immigration Minister Chris Bowen and dropped a document on a table.

An independent review found the man had been known to security after having disrupted a committee hearing about 10 days before the incident.

The man's photo was circulated to security officers in case he attended another hearing of the same committee, and security was stepped up, but he did not turn up again.

However, on August 23 the man attended another committee hearing and made his way through an unattended door and into the private ministerial wing.

He walked into the Speaker's office and the office of another MP before finding himself in the office of Treasurer Wayne Swan around 1.40pm. Two minutes later, after briefly attending the prime minister's media conference which was being televised live, the man was picked up by security.

could have taken out a chuck of the frontbench including the PM :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom